www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
2.2Ltr 5SGTE 450Bhp Engine Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles -> Project Cars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pingman

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

W88NEE wrote:
Hi everyone,

A sad update to announce that this project is finishing. Due to a lack of time I am selling all parts and cars so new owners who can enjoy them.

Thank you to everyone who has been watching and your patience since my updates have had big gaps, again due to the time I can commit to the project.

If anyone is interested in any of the parts you have seen, please send me a pm and we can have a chat.

All parts are brand new and in my opinion are of the highest quality that I could afford at the time (normally top prices paid) since this was set to be my epic build.

Some parts I've already listed, just search the for sale sections but feel free to pm.

Thanks again guys.......

[thumleft]

Any of the parts still available mate?
W88NEE
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 41

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sorry the engine was sold and I've started a 2.3 build so nothing currently available.

5SGTE Forged Build 2011/12
Build Thread: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=157180&highlight=10th+anniversary
Pingman

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

W88NEE wrote:
Sorry the engine was sold and I've started a 2.3 build so nothing currently available.

Cool, do you have a build thread?
J-1

Feedback Score: 9

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'd also be interested in seeing a build thread for this.
W88NEE
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hey guys,

The engine is built although there's a good chance I'm coming away from the MR2 game I'm afraid so standard donor rev3 turbo car and separate engine could all be sold now.

Sorry chaps.

If you look at the 2.2ltr 5sgte build thread I put on here you will get a pretty good idea of the 2.3 build the difference being the crank was offset ground to increase stroke to achieve 2.3. [thumleft]
Century Motorsport

Feedback Score: 23

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The rod ratio on a 2.3 must be through the floor, or are you going for custom length rods?
W88NEE
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Standard eagle rods with an 0.40 overbore and custom pistons to meet the deck.
Century Motorsport

Feedback Score: 23

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I would recommend some hefty wrist pins for your Pistons. The negative G on them will be a fair amount. Not great for the longevity of the engine with that rod ratio, but then I guess most forged motors don't get to high mileage as they aren't daily drives.

Good luck with it all, it's nice to see some many motors in build
W88NEE
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yes upgraded pins and yes some nice builds elsewhere going on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles -> Project Cars All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: