www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAN_REV1_TURBO
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 37

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Done a little bit more last night and tonight. The stereo was crackling all the time, turbo timer stuffed up behind the dash and the cig lighter was not working. Also untidy wiriring above the foot pedals which kept dropping down whilst driving.

Had the dash plastics off and stereo out, found and fixed a broken wire which cured the stereo crackle, clipped the cig lighter connection back on and tidied the wiring above the pedals and cable tied them neatly out of the way.

Also mounted the turbo timer below the steering column (used cable ties for this as I do not want to damage the dash or make holes).

I also removed the volt and boost gauge screen which was mounted inside the clock recess and ran it into the gloveboxalong with the control joystick. I will need to come up with a solution to make it look neat in there.

Had a quick wipe down of plastic and put everything back to together for now. I am missing an ashtray and a stock clock now if anyone has them for sale please PM me.

craig

Feedback Score: 141

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Nice one Dan. Good feeling putting things right and ticking 'em off the list [thumleft]
DAN_REV1_TURBO
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Right. After the last load of messing I had relocated my voltmeter screen to glovebox and also ran a new iphone cable there too. I made a balls up and connected a wire up at the rear of the stereo which kept blowing the fuse to my sidelights, finally retraced my steps tonight and sorted that issue!!

After moving the voltage screen I was left with a gaping hole so purchased a new stock clock and also replacement ashtray. I thought the original clock cable had been cut at first but eventually found it tucked behind the side of the speedo cluster.

All back together now. I am currently in talks with Alan Bryson to make me a one off pod for my volt screen which will neaten it inside my glovebox.

Really enjoying sorting a few bits myself, nice to have time on the car for a change.

Last edited by DAN_REV1_TURBO on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
DAN_REV1_TURBO
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

This is going to be the new spot within the glovebox for the screen.

DAN_REV1_TURBO
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Right. Well aside from awaiting for my wheels to come back.. My car now has literally no niggles. The Stern wheels need to go back on and Abflug arches to be done, but this is the best the car has been in a long time.

Had discussions today with Matt at Rogue regards a forged build. It will be started around October and the aim is for it to be built for a reliable 350bhp, with the potential for around 400bhp in the future.

I still currently have my original rev1 block, but Matt has advised me the rev5 blocks are considered a better option due to being less prone to cracking at the water pump area. So i have a decision to make on which way I go with that, keep my original or go rev5.
androo007
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Rev 5 NA? Given the minimal amount of work to make it happen....go rev 5. Also get a comparative quote from YVS. You'll be surprised.
DAN_REV1_TURBO
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I may well enquire mate.
Dale_V

Feedback Score: 49

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sack ripoff rogue off and go to yvs.

There was a guy earlier in the year who posted a quote up for a forged engine build from both companies, one was realistic, the other laughable
androo007
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Rogue provided a rather expensive quote for me too.
craig

Feedback Score: 141

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

As above mate, give YVS a call [thumleft]
DAN_REV1_TURBO
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Cheers guys. I will have a chat with YVS before I agree for Rogue to carry out the work, I guess it would be silly not to compare a couple of quotes.

In the meantime, yesterday this happened..
DAN_REV1_TURBO
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Wheelmaniacs at Tipton West Midlands.Brilliant refurb.
Tsia
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Looking very tidy, I like it! [thumleft]
DAN_REV1_TURBO
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Quote:
Looking very tidy, I like it!

Cheers it still needs absolutely loads of stuff doing though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: