MW3 vs BF3 online play

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Steve-O 2007

MW3 vs BF3 online play

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Played both now online and here is what I think...

MW3 -

Crap graphics
Feels Arcade like
Easier to kill people
Dont die as much
Feels old
Easier to play on a console I find

BF3 -

Excellent graphics
Makes MW3 look like an "Xbox" game (old style original xbox) when compaired
Harder to kill people
Easier to die
Feels more like a game to be played on a PC with keyboard and mouse

Overall Im liking MW3 online more than BF3 but If I was playing BF3 on a PC I think it would be the other way around, I just found it hard to hit someone while using the pad on the 360 which means I was dead right away, if I was on a PC I could instantly lock onto them with the mouse :)
craig

Re: MW3 vs BF3 online play

Post by craig »

Not played on BF3 so can't compare, but I like my cod games and aint gonna even bother with BF3....

Crap graphics? I think it looks great, very playable.

I really don't understand why people think it's so crap. Oh well, can't please everyone I guess..
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

they arent crap crap, its just when compaired to the new BF3 they just look old and BF3 just feels more realistic.

I traded BF3 in for MW3 as I didnt get on with it as a console game. :thumleft: Im happy with MW3, just stating what it feels like moving from BF3 to MW3 :wink:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

i took some screen shots while i was playing online last night, all the pics were taken on a high end gaming pc with every setting possible maxed out.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 327&type=3

cod looks seriously dated
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

link doesn't work
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

un1eash

Post by un1eash »

I didnt like Black Ops so played alot of BF2, i got pretty good and it made playing Black Ops so easy. It takes longer to master a Battlefield game where as even my fiancee can play MW online.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:Played both now online and here is what I think...

MW3 -

Crap graphics
Feels Arcade like
Easier to kill people
Dont die as much
Feels old
Easier to play on a console I find

BF3 -

Excellent graphics
Makes MW3 look like an "Xbox" game (old style original xbox) when compaired
Harder to kill people
Easier to die
Feels more like a game to be played on a PC with keyboard and mouse

Agree with everything there mate a part from the keyboard and mouse thing. Once you get to grips with the way BF3 is played the controller works very well. Not as quick and precise as K+M but I've never really got on with PC style play. Always been on a controller.

MW is just far to arcade like now and really does feel like a kids game. Fun yeah, but nothing new and lacks so much realisim. There is definitely a much higher skill level needed to do well at BF3 than MW.

Enjoy both games, thats what they're there for after all, and they are very different games even though they are both FPS....but the whole 'which one is better' will go on for years.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

New Rainbow Six coming out soon too
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Just heard that ANOTHER COD game will be released next year!! :shock: ....made by Treyarch ](*,)
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

CoD comes out every year but the games take 2 years to produce that why Trearch do 1 (generally the crap one) and Infinity Ward do 1 (Modern Warfare 3)
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

yeah trey arch always do the even year and iw do the odd years, saying that black ops was better than mw2 and so far i think its better that mw3.
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

I brought bf3 a week before mw3. I can saftly say it kicks cods add. I always play cod, but thought is try battlefield as I never played them and everyone said it was amazing. but found it samey and dated, the maps are tiny and its so arcadey. I was pretty disapointed with cod and glad I didn't Que at 12 o clock for it
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

or just buy eagleeye :mrgreen: and play BF3 like a pc game
tarmac terrorist

Post by tarmac terrorist »

Im a BATTLEFIELD man all the way :thumleft: COD is a kids game with unrealistic guns (sawn off shot gun more accurate & travel further than a sniper rifle WTF) also BF is a team game where people do actually work as a team, graphics are not great in COD either
my PS3 user name : NEMR2TOY add me :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

thai boxer wrote:Just heard that ANOTHER COD game will be released next year!! :shock: ....made by Treyarch ](*,)

Doesn't bother me dude, I never bother with the Treyarch efforts.

Only had cod2, MW, MW2, MW3 :D
craig

Post by craig »

tarmac terrorist wrote:Im a BATTLEFIELD man all the way :thumleft: COD is a kids game with unrealistic guns (sawn off shot gun more accurate & travel further than a sniper rifle WTF) also BF is a team game where people do actually work as a team, graphics are not great in COD either

LOL, don't think a shotgun can travel further than a sniper rifle :lol:

If it's a kids game, why's it 18 rated? :wink:

There's going to be fanboi's of each. I have never played BF3 so not slating it, but won't be buying it either as I love the CoD series :thumleft:
tarmac terrorist

RedMR² wrote:
tarmac terrorist wrote:Im a BATTLEFIELD man all the way :thumleft: COD is a kids game with unrealistic guns (sawn off shot gun more accurate & travel further than a sniper rifle WTF) also BF is a team game where people do actually work as a team, graphics are not great in COD either

it can't but it does in all COD games why I don't bother with them to unrealistic

There's going to be fanboi's of each. I have never played BF3 so not slating it, but won't be buying it either as I love the CoD series :thumleft:
[-(
craig

Post by craig »

tarmac terrorist wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

it can't but it does in all COD games why I don't bother with them to unrealistic

[-(

It doesn't though does it. Scenario 1. Mw2 on wasteland - I doubt you can hit someone with a spas-12 from one spawn point to the other. Thermal scoped intervention- no problem. Comparing range of a shot gun to a sniper rifle and saying the shot gun has better range is a bit daft to be fair
:lol:
tarmac terrorist

Exactly that's why I don't play cod games anymore cos the reliasm is daft same as the YouTube video where someone throws a knife from 1 side of the map to the other & kills someone

Return to “Games Consoles”