Laughing Gas (Nos)

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2mk1chick

Laughing Gas (Nos)

Post by mr2mk1chick »

:clown: This is another on my wish list - but has anyone got comments / suggestions if you have already done this to yours sucessfully.
( [-X yeah - no lectures about engines going bang - its a risk i will take, and wont run silly amounts thru etc)
I am thinking of using wizards of nos kit and setup.
Icsunonove

Re: Laughing Gas (Nos)

Post by Icsunonove »

:shock: :-#

Jo, I've never seen a Mk1 with a laughing gas kit fitted. I wouldn't do it myself but I'd be really interested in the results should you have a go at it.

How much do these kits cost?

How is it controlled?

Isn't it an expensive way to get improvements?

In my local motor factor a lickle tiny bottle of Nos is £9.99! :shock:

How long would that last for?
Last edited by Icsunonove on Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

Pop over to twobrutal.co.uk, one of the guys has just done it to his mk1.
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

I would rough guess at £500 for a good kit with someone to set it up properly having it dyno'd etc.
A bottle should last a good long while, as its not used all the time, just when you want a boost.
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

will let you know when i get a quote
superchargedsam

Post by superchargedsam »

am currently looking at fitting an NX wet kit to my SC so looking forward to seeing how it works as it apparatnly lends itself very well indeed to forced induction cars !
pistol supercharged pete

Post by pistol supercharged pete »

there was a guy JAE with nos on a na and is own here in the SE i can get details if you want
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

Simon from the NW area had it fitted to his Mk1 - dont ask what happened to his engine though!!!
"If in doubt - just make the numbers up!" ;)
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

One of the twobrutal.co.uk members (a guy from 'Boro) has it on his 1.6 na... it goes rather well by the sounds of things.

He's running a 45bhp shot at the mo, I think.
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

pistol supercharged pete wrote:there was a guy JAE with nos on a na and is own here in the SE i can get details if you want

was it Ian? with red n/a?
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

MegatronUK wrote:One of the twobrutal.co.uk members (a guy from 'Boro) has it on his 1.6 na... it goes rather well by the sounds of things.

who? have you got his forum name?
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

waynestoyotamr2 wrote:Simon from the NW area had it fitted to his Mk1 - dont ask what happened to his engine though!!!

think i know who you mean - but if the one i think - he was running a mental amount of nos thru'! :roll:

shame tho'
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

mr2mk1chick wrote:
MegatronUK wrote:One of the twobrutal.co.uk members (a guy from 'Boro) has it on his 1.6 na... it goes rather well by the sounds of things.

who? have you got his forum name?

Don't think he's on here. Try private messaging 'mong' on twobrutal.co.uk.
pistol supercharged pete

Post by pistol supercharged pete »

mr2mk1chick wrote:
pistol supercharged pete wrote:there was a guy JAE with nos on a na and is own here in the SE i can get details if you want

was it Ian? with red n/a?

yeah pretty sure thats the kitty
used to be a toyota engineer
pete
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

yeah thats him - i am going to ring him to see if hes coming to pod. he dosen't go on the internet.
his car is sweet. He was the guy who i ran down the track with at jap show (cool to find another mk1 there!) his nos didn't work at the right time or something tho' - shame. set-up looked fairly straightforward - he did it himself (but he is experienced tho')
mong

Post by mong »

hi all!!!!

sorry for the late getting into this forum etc etc!!!!

nitrous is real fun and so long as its set up properly the only issues you gona face are faliures of one or more compnents!!!

i ran +25 shot the other week and put in 15.020 secs 1/4 mile on a completely stock car!!!!

next week we are running again but with +50jetting this time will let you know the results!!!!

as for the strenth issuse we run a mazda626 2.5V6 and a controlled 125hp shot and have done for a few years now with NO probs!!!!

tony
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Hi Tony,

Fancy meeting you here! (It's Tom by the way, the person who's been pestering you for information yesterday!)

Thanks for all the great information and as soon as I've saved up a few pennies (Spring next year most likely) I'll contact you again....

By the way, has your engine got the 7-rib block?
mong

Post by mong »

hi matey!!!!

explain the '7 rib block' to me??????? not sure what you mean???

tony :tongue:
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Tony,

The early blocks had three strengthening ribs in the casting. The later blocks (and the Supercharger) were stronger and have seven strengthening ribs. Just wondered if you knew.

Tony have you got any plans to rolling road test your car on gas? I'm sure a lot of people would be interested.

I wasn't at all interested in gassing my engine at all, but a friend got me interested in it. Now I've done a bit of reading about it, and with your helpful information, I am now a convert! :D

Can you let me know when your website is up and running as well.....
mong

Post by mong »

join the club then matey!!! i converted a while back!!! and swear by the stuff now!!!!

will post on here when the content is fin!!!

thanx

tony

ooooohh and as soon as shes done yes shes going onthe rollers!!!! still waiting for a few parts to wing there way to me!!!

tony

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”