Advice please - rear wheel hub

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

paulcas

Advice please - rear wheel hub

Post by paulcas »

Hi,
1 of my 4 rear hub bolts that hold the wheel one has sheered off !!

Can anyone tell me if I need to change the whole hub or just the bit that has the bolts going through it. And if so, how do I replace it. Step by step guide would be good, with photos would be even better - thanks.

Paul
paulcas

Re: Advice please - rear wheel hub

Post by paulcas »

paulcas wrote:Hi,
1 of my 4 rear hub bolts that hold the wheel one has sheered off !!

Can anyone tell me if I need to change the whole hub or just the bit that has the bolts going through it. And if so, how do I replace it. Step by step guide would be good, with photos would be even better - thanks.

Paul

I now know what to do :)

Has anyone got a spare wheel stud bolt or suggest the best place to get one from - thanks.
frogger

Post by frogger »

CTP (Cheap Toyota Parts) or a Toyota Dealership.

And consider replacing all 4, unless that one only sheared because of a force put upon it which you are certain has only ever been put on that stud.

Wheels have been known to come off at speed due to sheared studs, so better safe than sorry
paulcas

Post by paulcas »

frogger wrote:CTP (Cheap Toyota Parts) or a Toyota Dealership.

And consider replacing all 4, unless that one only sheared because of a force put upon it which you are certain has only ever been put on that stud.

Wheels have been known to come off at speed due to sheared studs, so better safe than sorry

frogger, good point, thanks.

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”