Clarification of Rules for Trading on IMOC

Premium Membership is required to post adverts

Moderator: IMOC Committee Members

Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Clarification of Rules for Trading on IMOC

Post by Jaspa »

Rules for selling on IMOC

The 'Parts For Sale' forum is a privilege for Premium Members only. Selling small numbers of parts as a Premium Member is encouraged.

However:

1) If you are advertising any form of commercial goods or services or selling new items, you must be either an Affiliate Trader or Affiliate Company.

2) If you are going to advertise a number of second-hand parts on a regular basis (e.g. you often pick up bargains via other members/scrapyards and want to pass them on) you will need to be an Affiliate Private Seller

3) If you have a large number of parts to sell on a one-off basis (e.g. you are clearing out your garage or you have a redundant donor car that's being stripped) that's fine if you're a Premium Member

General Advice

When selling:

- State a price
- State whether making offers is acceptable or not
- State if carriage is included or if it is collection only
- Include a photograph of the item where possible
- Try to deal with buyers in person
- Use an independent escrow service (not provided by IMOC-UK Ltd.)
- State your preferred method of securing the item in the first post (i.e. 'No calling dibbs - first to come up with the cash will buy')

When buying:

- Try to pick up the item in person and pay by cheque where possible
- Failing that, use an independent escrow service (not provided by IMOC-UK Ltd)
- Stick to known sellers with good feedback where possible
- Only say you'll buy an item if you have sufficient funds and are in a position to proceed with the transaction (e.g. you're able to collect within an agreed time if that's part of the deal)

For IMOC-UK Ltd's position on sales conducted through the forum, please refer to the Legal Notice:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4380

Any further questions, please ask.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Return to “Parts For Sale”