Worth the money?

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

johnp

Worth the money?

Post by johnp »

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C178336/

...is this import model desirable and is the price right?...I don't know much about MK 3's :?
Also,this one hasn't got a hardtop,how much do good condition s/h ones change hands for?
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Re: Worth the money?

Post by tonigmr2 »

I wouldn't say that is a bad price, but I don't consider it much of a bargain!
Have a look at those for sale on ROC too.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Not worth £6K (more like £5K), and as it's a manual it definitely doesn't have traction control. There's better cars out there.
mrspete

Post by mrspete »

The latest that car was manufactured was Aug 2002. Not 2004
Value about £4200
frogger

Post by frogger »

Yeh, I'd say even £5 is pushing it.

For a completely stock 04 import with that sort of milage (no fancy alloys, sideskirts, etc...) I wouldn't pay more than £4k and a bit. And you can't really expect to get the money back spent on mods when selling a car, so still wouldn't pay mych more than that.

The one in the advert seems to be a pre-facelift model with a few bits (front bumper and side vents) stuck on, which is odd because they introduced the facelift in 2003!

Pre-2003 max price £3600ish.

If you're thinking of getting a mk3 definitely got over to MR2ROC.org and have a readup on the common things to look out for, blue smoke in particular is the one warning sign to watch for!

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”