***SOLD***** 1993 Rev 3 GTS t-bar for sale - was £1,750 now £1500 ono

Post by Ed »

For sale is my 1993 Rev 3 GTS turbo T-bar

Red (for the most part)
109162 miles,
LEA-826 remote start alarm with anti-hijack

2 New rear tyres, very good amount of tread left on front tyres

Asking price £1,250 ono

I’ve enjoyed owning it, but I just don’t use it as new family arrangements means I've had to get something bigger.

History

It was imported in 1998. When I bought it in 2003 it had 104439 km on the clock which is 64895 miles. I had a new speedo fitted by Toyota and the service book stamped with the mileage along with a KMH to MPH convertor. So whilst the clock is showing 44267 now, the car has done a total of 109162 miles.

I bought it in Nov 2003 privately

Engine

The engine has never been opened.
The only things done to the external parts of the engine are:
Apex-i power flow air intake
3" Aussie downpipe, lagged, with support bracket.
3" Hayward & Scott Exhaust
HKS SSQV
Copper Contact Distributor Cap
NGK BKR7EVX Platinum spark plugs gapped to 0.8mm
Magnecor 8.5mm ignition leads
Oil changed every 3000 miles using Mobil 1 15w50 motor oil

Gearbox

The car has an LSD. The clutch is heavy duty but does not slip however I think it will need replacing.
Fidanza light weight flywheel fitted
I replaced gearbox oil with mobil synthetic 75w90.

Brakes

The rev 3 brakes work well (no ABS or TC).
I have replaced brake fluid with new Dot 4

Wheels and tyres

Standard rev3 wheels – with Toyo T1-R all round. Front tyres have done 6,000 miles, but rears are nearly brand new.

Service items

- There is some service history, however I have always done most of the work on my own cars so there is mainly just my receipts.

Body work

This is not so good. Whilst there is only a small spot of rust on the front drivers side wing, the paint has suffered a lot and is Toyota punk in places, as well as a small door pin hole dent on the passenger side door.

The car has an unpainted Revision 6 front bumper based on the Border bumper. Unfortunately this has 3 cracks on it, shown in the photos. These can easily be repaired by a body shop or a new bumper less the lights purchased from Rogue motorsports for £300.

The car also has a small dent above the rear passenger side brake light and scratch on the bumper below the brake light, which someone kindly left for me in a car park. (shown in the photos) It’s purely cosmetic, which is why I’ve not fixed it, but have had an estimate of £450 from a local body shop to fix it. I’ve adjusted for these problems in the price.

Interior

Cloth trim is in good condition. All electrics work. I have instructions for the car alarm.

It has an Alpine stereo system with 2 Alpine amplifiers in the frunk, Infinity Kappa 60.5cs components and a 10” Alpine sub behind the driver’s seat. This system can be bought for the right price however is NOT included in the sale price.

To ask any questions please PM me.

Ed

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Ed on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Ed

Re: ***SOLD***** 1993 Rev 3 GTS t-bar for sale - was £1,750 now £1500 ono

Post by Ed »

Price updated.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.
cvega666

Post by cvega666 »

damn... o.O.. cheap
Current: 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Gone: '94 rev3 NA, '92 rev2 Turbo forged, '07 Civic Type-R
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

about right really considering the bodywork
Ed

Post by Ed »

Just to answer some questions that have been asked so I don't hve to answer them again.

The car is at my parents place in Bingley. I am still out in the Hague at present.

The reason it is so cheap is that I have no time to work on it or location to work on it. Over here in the Hague I do not have a garage or driveway to work on the car and I have no tme to go over and spend at my parents place doing it up. Add to that I have a baby on the way and already have the babies taxi so the MR2 is just taking up space.

I could do the work myself however that would cost money and with the baby on the way that is money better spent on baby things and there's no guarantee that it would sell for a grand more then. If I was going to keep it then I would do it up in time however I would rather it went to someone that would actualy drive her regularly.

I do not have any shots of the engne bay however it is clean and running. I went back over for a weekend about 2 months ago and charged the battery up. When I fired her up she did so first time without any hesitation.

The clutch is on it's way as I said in the advert and the only other thing is the brake discs will have some surface rust but that would go after the first drive.

Ed

Ed

Post by Ed »

Price reduced again.

pta

Post by pta »

pm sent.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”