What do YOU want to see from JAE?

The biggest and best all-Japanese car show! Best Overall Club Stand Winners 2010

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

What do YOU want to see from JAE?

Post by Tiamat »

There are alot of discussions going on behind the scenes about various things to do at JAE and some further announcements will be made.

However, what would YOU like to see at JAE? Anything you fancy having the club organised for you?

Previous years we have had bouncy castles, bouncy boxing (no foxy boxing though :( ) themed nights, treasure hunts etc.

What would make JAE better for you this year?

No promises on enacting anything, just trying to get an idea of what we can do to help people enjoy their time a bit more.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
reddev1ll09

Re: What do YOU want to see from JAE?

Post by reddev1ll09 »

:-k Guitar/DJ Hero comp...Winner gets,
Maybe...IMOC Stickers/Mug/T Shirt/Keyring
(not saying winner should receive all of the above but..maybe an idea)
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

A volvo parking area so i can still come along :roll:
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Strippers.

Oh, and some p0rn for later on.

Ta :thumleft:
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Steve Horrocks wrote:Strippers.

Oh, and some p0rn for later on.

Ta :thumleft:

I believe at 2007 you were the stripper, certainly your outfit didn't leave a lot to the imagination, I still owe you a invoice for 367 hours of therapy.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

How about printed handouts of the club events, locations and times to increase awareness. Even things like when the show and shine is judged so people can ready their cars or be with them to explain detail or hidden mods (with a decent camera, laptop and projector cars could be shown on a loop so all members could vote... though maybe a little time consuming and open to abuse that one). There's the whole complex to use as well so we could do stuff away from the village if we wanted to incorporate sports maybe or get some affiliates along to do presentations or demos? How about a top gear styled members race to change plugs and oil?
I enjoyed last year (though I'm still seeing a physiotherapist about the leg that went into spasm...... I was vvv cold and vv, vv, v and I do mean v drunk) and the event and village were well organised, a job well done. However, we were all mostly in quite small groups within the village and it would be good to have more cohesion as a group to promote club comraderie... and the benefits of the club.

R.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

PS. And strippers.
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

HighwayStar wrote:How about printed handouts of the club events, locations and times to increase awareness. Even things like when the show and shine is judged so people can ready their cars or be with them to explain detail or hidden mods (with a decent camera, laptop and projector cars could be shown on a loop so all members could vote... though maybe a little time consuming and open to abuse that one). There's the whole complex to use as well so we could do stuff away from the village if we wanted to incorporate sports maybe or get some affiliates along to do presentations or demos? How about a top gear styled members race to change plugs and oil?
I enjoyed last year (though I'm still seeing a physiotherapist about the leg that went into spasm...... I was vvv cold and vv, vv, v and I do mean v drunk) and the event and village were well organised, a job well done. However, we were all mostly in quite small groups within the village and it would be good to have more cohesion as a group to promote club comraderie... and the benefits of the club.

R.

Noted on the organised events, the biggest problem we have is we do not necessarilly have times confirmed until the day, such as when the team is on to play football, but I will organise a white board and markers to try and keep everyone updated. :thumleft:

Some good ideas, will look into it. The biggest problem we have is sourcing equipment for free such as projectors etc. We will as a club be involved in the organised events, but we do have some more events organised or being discussed.

As it currently stands plans (just plans) include:

JAE football
JAE its a knock out
JAE tug of war
Guitar Hero
Band / DJ - don't hold your breath though!!
"Treasure" hunt
Scaletrix
Table football - if I can find one!
Themed evenings
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I make the same request I made last year. Strippers.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

toxo wrote:I make the same request I made last year. Strippers.

Ply me with enough alkyhol and you never know :wink:
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Tiamat wrote:

Noted on the organised events, the biggest problem we have is we do not necessarilly have times confirmed until the day, such as when the team is on to play football, but I will organise a white board and markers to try and keep everyone updated. :thumleft:

Some good ideas, will look into it. The biggest problem we have is sourcing equipment for free such as projectors etc. We will as a club be involved in the organised events, but we do have some more events organised or being discussed.

As it currently stands plans (just plans) include:

JAE football
JAE its a knock out
JAE tug of war
Guitar Hero
Band / DJ - don't hold your breath though!!
"Treasure" hunt
Scaletrix
Table football - if I can find one!
Themed evenings

If any help i can supply a xbox 360 with up to 4 guitars and every game....
also i "could" problably get a table football too...

me and ben were thinking of coming up on thrusday to help set up .. even though we don;t actually have mr2's (or jap cars any more).. leave my car in normal parking and camp with you guys as we are both paid members if thats okay....
i can fit anything you need me to pick up on the way in me volvo if you want a decent size support for anything
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I would imagine that table football will require a bit more of a level surface than we'll get at Wicksteed!!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

pistol pete wrote:If any help i can supply a xbox 360 with up to 4 guitars and every game....

me and ben were thinking of coming up on thrusday to help set up .. even though we don;t actually have mr2's (or jap cars any more).. leave my car in normal parking and camp with you guys as we are both paid members if thats okay....
i can fit anything you need me to pick up on the way in me volvo if you want a decent size support for anything

Thanks Pete, I will come back to you about that.

As for coming on the Thursday, I will have to sort that with the JAE organisers, since officially we not there on Thursday so it has to be cleared, but am sure we can sneak some people in.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

+1 for the strippers :mrgreen:

Personally I'd like to not see Guitar Hero make a return this year. It really divided the tent up last year IMHO, and it would be nice to return to the themed parties of yesteryear which includes everyone. I love music games as much as the next person, but it's a tad dull to watch and hard to involve many people.
Hou

Post by Hou »

+1 for strippers

ooooooo and also a paddling pool full of baby oil/melted chocolate for the strippers to wrestle in naked.................. \:D/
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Tiamat wrote:
pistol pete wrote:If any help i can supply a xbox 360 with up to 4 guitars and every game....

Thanks Pete, I will come back to you about that.

As for coming on the Thursday, I will have to sort that with the JAE organisers, since officially we not there on Thursday so it has to be cleared, but am sure we can sneak some people in.

no worries i am sure we can sort something out closer to time...
also we can always do fri if it causes issues.. just tryin to help ..
need to check date son work calander too :thumleft:
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Club awards (eg best mk1 , mk2 , mk3? with a ceremony on the saturday?
Roasted pig
Strippers
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:Club awards (eg best mk1 , mk2 , mk3? with a ceremony on the saturday?
Roasted pig
Strippers

I can make that happen Ollie :wink:

:lol:
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

stevieskydive wrote:
Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:Club awards (eg best mk1 , mk2 , mk3? with a ceremony on the saturday?
Roasted pig
Strippers

I can make that happen Ollie :wink:

If you're thinking of Steve Horrocks, No thanks [-(

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Sod strippers. Lets get lap dancers! We could have a spare tent for private dances. On a slightly more serious note, how about fancy dress party for one night? Any dj's with a good selection of music? I'd offer but a) i can't really get drunk and dj and b) my music collection is too specific to please every one. A being the more important preventative issue. I'd suggest wife swapping but sadly the men out number the women and i just aint into reach arounds.

Return to “JAE 2010”