www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Project Forged - engine rebuild

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles -> Project Cars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gazrev1tubby

Feedback Score: 26

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Project Forged - engine rebuild Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi all, as some of you may already know I rebuilt my engine last year to cope with the increased strain that I planned to put my engine under to gain a few more ponies. During mapping in February of this year - although I got a very good result power wise, I noticed a lot of smoke from my crank case breather on the way home which led me to believe that a piston/ring had failed [Sad]

So........i've been saving like mad and have finally ordered everything to rebuild my engine yet again - but this time i'm going forged [Wink]

Unfortunately I haven't taken as many pics as i'd hoped but will be more vigilant with the camera as I progess [thumleft]

This weekend has mainly consisted of getting the engine out and stripping it down ready to fit the forged components. Here are some progress pics [Very Happy]

21:30 Saturday eve - finally she's out [Very Happy]

All stripped down in preparation for the forged build [Very Happy]

Look how much room you need to get the engine out [Shocked]

Manage to strip all the paint off my cam cover today and respray it in the future car colour [thumleft]

Just waiting for the pistons to arrive before I can continue but i'll keep the thread updated as I progress
gazrev1tubby

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Here's the culprit - one cracked piston no. 2 :

And the forged replacements [thumleft]

GBTurbo

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Shiny! Good luck with the build mate
Lewis Jay

Feedback Score: 12

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Good job mate, very nice.

Would look even better with a clear cam cover fitted. [Anxious]
GTS GAV

Feedback Score: 13

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

glad to see you have started your build thread buddy im just about to start mine aswell, sorry i havnt respended to your email yet, irl reply to it when i next get a sec [thumleft]
gazrev1tubby

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

cheers guys, well, I haven't been around much lately as i've spent every spare minute in my garage building this bloody engine, but i'm happy to say it's done - [Dancing]

Didn't get quite as many pics as i'd hoped but here's a few: [Very Happy]

Pistons in block

Arp head studs in

Head on

Fitted

Didn't realise the mot ran out on Friday just gone [Rolling Eyes] so got it booked in for this coming sat [Wink] All being I should be starting the running in process this weekend [Applause]

Won't be long until I finally get to feel what 323bhp feels like [thumleft]
Mike N

Feedback Score: 21

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: engined Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

its looking good.
GTS GAV

Feedback Score: 13

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

very tidy and clean, very good job there gaz [thumleft]
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 18

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Calvin Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

uggbootlnm wrote:
You can never plan the future by the past.

reported. [thumleft] [thumleft]
gazrev1tubby

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Holy thread revival batman !

Blimey, that's going back !

Unfortunately that engine crapped out on me after 600 miles. Some swarf must've been hiding somewhere and scored up cyl 3 wall [Sad]

I'm now on another engine, which looks completely different and has covered 2000 miles now. All ready for mapping but I'm struggling to find someone suitable !
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles -> Project Cars All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: