www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
TTE MR2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greglebon

Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Jaspa wrote:
Limeymk1 wrote:
Max, how does next summer sound?

Someone mention Roadtrip??? [Whistle]

I'll be VERY interested in this, .........! [thumleft]

...could always tie in a little visit to the 'Ring, too......!? [Twisted Evil]
toxo
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 53

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

You're gonna wish you'd never said that Chris [Smile]
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 7

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

toxo wrote:
You're gonna wish you'd never said that Chris [Smile]

[Laughing] Maybe. Ring trip would be good too. [Mr. Green]

Uploading here: http://s533.photobucket.com/albums/ee335/Limeymk1/GrpS%20Mk1/

Hope the link works. [Pray]

Some were taken on my phone as I'd run out of film, most were taken by Richard (Polypedates). [thumleft]
toxo
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Someone needs to whip those photos off Neil's link too, they won't stay in the wayback machine forever [thumleft]
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

toxo wrote:
Someone needs to whip those photos off Neil's link too, they won't stay in the wayback machine forever [thumleft]

Will go and nab. [Twisted Evil] Mine are all uploaded.

Will the link above allow viewing John?
toxo
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yep, works fine [thumleft]
cartledge_uk

Feedback Score: 6

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

In on the road trip too [Mr. Green]
greglebon

Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

cartledge_uk wrote:

Will that be in your Mk1 AE92 SC, by any chance...? [Wink]
Neil_turbo

Feedback Score: 67

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1.5 Turbo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

toxo wrote:

I have them saved on back up aswell [thumleft]
MartG

Feedback Score: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Neil_turbo wrote:
toxo wrote:

I have them saved on back up aswell [thumleft]

Ditto [thumleft]
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

BTW did anyone get a copy of the video of the car doing the hill climb? I know it was posted up somewhere and my copy's bust. [Sad]
toxo
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Someone's got it because I've seen it recently... can't remember where though [d'oh!]
Gary ST165

Feedback Score: 3

1989 Toyota Celica

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Japanese language video from Goodwood FOS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNSVmIU6h9o

i love this car [Applause]
cartledge_uk

Feedback Score: 6

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

greglebon wrote:
cartledge_uk wrote:

Will that be in your Mk1 AE92 SC, by any chance...? [Wink]

I dont want to get my hopes up on that, 2 years and counting [Laughing]
ModelYear1983

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

BUMP FROM THE DEAD!

Man, there's a crapload of conflicting information about these cars all over the internet. I'm trying to pin down the what's what on the three remaining 222D prototypes once and for all.

Question for LimeyMk1:
Was the black car with the red Toyota decal on the windscreen RWD with a 503E like it appears? After weeding out some obvious bullcrap, my research indicates that the white car in Japan is AWD and features a longitudinal 503E, the black car with the white Toyota decal (in Germany?) is RWD with a longitudinal 503E, and the black car with the red Toyota decal is RWD with a transverse 503E.

Some source claim one or more of the cars used a 4T-GTE, but I can't tell for sure from photographs if any of the remaining three cars are so equipped. There are rumors of a mysterious V6 powered prototype as well can anybody clarify whether this is BS or not? I also read somewhere that one prototype was FWD and crashed in testing. Sounds dubious ...

The archived info from WRCkits on the white car says the 222D was developed for Group B rallying, which makes sense since all the remaining prototypes wouldn't have met the alleged Group S regulations (which I'm trying to firm up, e-mailed the FIA today) that would've limited engine displacement for turbo/supercharged cars to 1.2-litres and required cars weigh in at no less than 1000kg the weight of the transverse AWD car reportedly reflected a mere 750kg. Maybe the AWD cars cracked the scales over 1000kg?

I e-mailed TMG in attempt to get the real info on these cars from the real source. We'll see if they get back to me. [Cool]
222D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hello all, i'm Wim and i'm from Belgium. I am slowly building a 222D replica, would also like some more info about running gear.
Sorry, i can't post pics for now.

LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ModelYear1983 wrote:
BUMP FROM THE DEAD!

Man, there's a crapload of conflicting information about these cars all over the internet. I'm trying to pin down the what's what on the three remaining 222D prototypes once and for all.

Question for LimeyMk1:
Was the black car with the red Toyota decal on the windscreen RWD with a 503E like it appears? After weeding out some obvious bullcrap, my research indicates that the white car in Japan is AWD and features a longitudinal 503E, the black car with the white Toyota decal (in Germany?) is RWD with a longitudinal 503E, and the black car with the red Toyota decal is RWD with a transverse 503E.

Some source claim one or more of the cars used a 4T-GTE, but I can't tell for sure from photographs if any of the remaining three cars are so equipped. There are rumors of a mysterious V6 powered prototype as well can anybody clarify whether this is BS or not? I also read somewhere that one prototype was FWD and crashed in testing. Sounds dubious ...

The archived info from WRCkits on the white car says the 222D was developed for Group B rallying, which makes sense since all the remaining prototypes wouldn't have met the alleged Group S regulations (which I'm trying to firm up, e-mailed the FIA today) that would've limited engine displacement for turbo/supercharged cars to 1.2-litres and required cars weigh in at no less than 1000kg the weight of the transverse AWD car reportedly reflected a mere 750kg. Maybe the AWD cars cracked the scales over 1000kg?

I e-mailed TMG in attempt to get the real info on these cars from the real source. We'll see if they get back to me. [Cool]

The red stickered one was 4wd and if I remember correctly they were all 4wd and all 503E powered. The red and white stickered cars that were pictured together are both held by TMG in Germany. If Richard (Polypedates) reads this he may be able to remember a bit more than me.

I've heard the same about the V6 version, this was repeated in Racecar Engineer's article in 2008, but never seen anything concrete. Certainly the driver of the 222D we spoke to at Goodwood never mentioned a V6 being produced. They also mention in the same article that Group S was going to be as loony as Group B but they changed the regs, reducing power output.

If you get anything back from TMG, I'd be very interested in having a read. [thumleft]

That replica looks awesome Wim. [thumleft] [Drool]
Neil_turbo

Feedback Score: 67

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1.5 Turbo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

222D wrote:
Hello all, i'm Wim and i'm from Belgium. I am slowly building a 222D replica, would also like some more info about running gear.
Sorry, i can't post pics for now.

Looking awesome Wim - how is everything progressing? [thumleft]
222D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thanks, this is just the body buck, i still have to make the moulds.
toxo
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

TRD in Yokahama are opening their museum to the public over the weekend, as part of an auto show there. This is the museum with the White 222D in it, so keep an eye out for photos surfacing start of next week. Could be very interesting [Smile]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: