[Mk2] [Turbo] Exhaust bungs on Japspeed,excess heat buildup possible

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Phill P

[Mk2] [Turbo] Exhaust bungs on Japspeed,excess heat buildup possible

Post by Phill P »

I've got a Japspeed exhaust which I'm very happy with,not as noisy from inside the cabin as peeps make out,fitted well and stays shiney.

Thing is it keeps setting of my neighbours alarm on his Grand cherokee thing.

I'm thinking about getting a pair of 4 1/2 inch exhaust bungs,now I've done a search and 1 thing that keeps coming up is that I could get heat buildup within the exhaust/turbo due to the restrictive nature of the bungs,which could be a bad thing.

However is the standard exhaust not more restrictive in the first place thus causing even more heat buildup.

The cars a rev2 turbo with Apexi airfilter and japspeed with cat fitted and .9 bar boost.

Any thoughts on this :D

Cheers for looking peeps :thumleft:
Rota torque drifts Japseed exhaust Apexi air filter Gizzmo ibc Apex springs Hks turbo timer 242bhp at .8 bar
Steve-O 2007

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Exhaust bungs on Japspeed,excess heat buildup possible

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

It will be fine, Most aftermarket single exits come standard with bungs eg Blitz Nur Spec.

Oh get the CAT off and it will REALY set some car alarms off lol
Phill P

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Exhaust bungs on Japspeed,excess heat buildup possible

Post by Phill P »

Cheers for the advice,some of the search's talk about bungs being bad /evil,just wanted to lose a few DB's.

I think I will leave the cat on :whistle:

Paul :thumleft:
Rota torque drifts Japseed exhaust Apexi air filter Gizzmo ibc Apex springs Hks turbo timer 242bhp at .8 bar

Return to “Modifications”