Repli Kit

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jdbecks

Repli Kit

Post by jdbecks »

I purchased some toms side skirts thinking guaranteed fitment etc, the skirts arrived and they are not worth the money, by the time they are delivered it costs about £234, you are better off getting some from Rouge motorsport, used NEOs or used genuine ones and lastly getting the cheap Ebay ones and paying to have them reshaped. These were the problems I encounted;

- Mouting hole missing on some tabs
- from the side vent to the front wheel, the skirt was bent round
- Fouling the bump strip above the side vent
- one skirt was 1" to long
- large gaps between the sidevent section and body work
- winglets completely did not fit at all
- Compared to my genuine toms front and rear bumpers, the skirts feel to brittle and flimsy.
- Side vents rub against door when closed

The above is not what I would expect from "guaranteed fitment" especialy one skirt being 1" to long

They guarantee fitment, however if you look on the terms and conditions you pretty much void the gaurentee by doing a test fit etc and so on, or even have another body shop try and fit them.

They say they are produced in the UK, when I rang them up I was told they have them on shelf and when someone makes an order they just touch them up before dispatching. The reason why I found that out was when I rang on up the friday, they could have had them touched up, packaged and picked up by the courier in one day which I thought was pretty fast considering they had none ready for me.

I was very disapointed with the quality of the kit and I advise you to beware with the claim of guaranteed fitment. I did not bother to try and get my money back and have to send them back, so I just ended up modifying the skirts to fit properly.
Last edited by jdbecks on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jdbecks

Re: Repli Kit

Post by jdbecks »

accidently quoted myself :oops:

Return to “Trader Feedback”