Bury meet tonight... Heads up...

Thinking of arranging an event, looking for an event in an area - ask in here!

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bone

Bury meet tonight... Heads up...

Post by Bone »

Not happy...
www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/eveningst ... 3A04%3A127

[Mod edit to fix link]
Moo

Re: Bury meet tonight... Heads up...

Post by Moo »

Being local I turned up. There was a massive Police presence and they were going over every single car at the entrance with a fine tooth comb, obviously seeing this as an opportunity to bust as many people as possible to fill the Police coffers. I got pulled off to one side where they fined me £60 for an undersized front number plate and practically tore my car apart looking for anything else they could do me for. They found nothing else wrong. I saw many cars being filtered off for the same rigorous inspection and many tickets being issued.

Understand they have a job to do but it seems like the stigma that used to be attached to bikers has now transferred across to the car modding scene, at least in the eyes of the Police, newspapers and most of the general public :evil:

Aside from the £60 fine it was a good night. There were a few clapped out old chav chariots in attendance but for the most part it was all nicely modded cars and there was no trouble at all. There must have been 200 cars in that car park and some very nice examples from all over the country were present.
Bone

Post by Bone »

Gutted I didn't go mate will have to meet up another time :-)
turbo

Post by turbo »

yea i was there and i had no problems thought that i might due to my loud exhaust but it was ok but then again im at the lorry park every sat night so the police no my car but was a good nite
12.3@118 at pod
timmomr2

Post by timmomr2 »

gutted i didnt know about this i would have poped down, my 2 is off the road at the mo but i would still have liked to have a good gander at some cars. what is on every saturday, is it just a local meet up.

theres one in stockport on a thursday thats not that good anymore and one in trafford park on a friday wich is good depending on what you like as a fair bit of racing dose go on there
turbo

Post by turbo »

yea its a local meet up and when the weather is good loads of car action going on :D
12.3@118 at pod
timmomr2

Post by timmomr2 »

when i get my car finished i will have to pop down could be a while though
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

timmomr2 wrote:when i get my car finished i will have to pop down could be a while though

could be a while driving there as well, don't think it's bury near our way (noticed you mentioned Trafford park etc!)
it's a few miles further down south!
timmomr2

Post by timmomr2 »

ahhhhhhh, didnt know of any other bury's so automatically presumed it was the one arround manchester lol

Return to “Events Discussion”