Help organise a car show

Thinking of arranging an event, looking for an event in an area - ask in here!

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

saj8162

Help organise a car show

Post by saj8162 »

Hi guys, wonder if you lot could help.

I have been contacted by some one from Newark showground, based in Nottingham. who would like to have a car meet/show on there ground.

They have Steam and Tractors, Vintage and Classic Cars! shows held there at the moment, but want to try out the new ‘car’ section, aimed at modified vehicles, and if all goes well, then will be allowed more show time next year.

they want to convince the ‘Show Committee’ that the public Do want to see these cars and not just the old fashioned ones. And to prove that these cars and lads/girls have a right to be included into there County Show

could any one guide me in the right direction, or any organiser's please Pm me.

Would be much appreciated.

thanks
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Re: Help organise a car show

Post by afennell »

hi,

The best place to start would be asking the organisers what they require for us to have a stand. Ie minimum cars and payment up front.
If they don’t need payment up front, then simply place an advert with all the details in, in this section.
This way you can get an idea of numbers, and can let the organiser of the show know the size pitch we need.
It can be a little harder if its payment upfront. The club is always interested in new shows.
Feel free to pm me, im not in your area but more than happy to help. You can also contact Scott Barton or jmachling, these guys are also very helpfull.

Good luck
:thumleft:
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Hi
What Adam has said above really. Find out some basics like the cost and numbers and we can go from there.

Am always interested in new shows to attend and promote the club.
:thumleft:

Any questions feel free to ask.

Am moving this thread to Events Discussion.
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
uglee

Post by uglee »

My old man is involved with a classic car club which usually attend these type of shows.

They usually do things the old fashioned way, with people expressing an interest. Event application forms are then mailed to the interested parties by the car club organisor. Application forms and payment by cheque are usually then sent to the main event organisor.
Depending on how many returned applications they get. The event organisors designate an area for the club. The rest is upto the club.

Be aware that due to insurance reasons usually cars will have to arrive before a certain time and can only leave after a specified time. My experiences are arrive before 10am and leave after 3PM.

It's good to see that a committee that is organising a Steam/Classic car show is starting to look at more modern cars as attractions to shows. They were/are getting to a point where a lot of the attractions were only appealing to the older end of the population. So things need to change to keep attendances up. I'd imagine an MR2 stand would generate a lot of unexpected attention!
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Saj im up fpr helping, im in Coventry too so we could always get our heads together.

Mike
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss

Return to “Events Discussion”