JAE 2009 comments and reports

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: JAE 2009 comments and reports

Post by toxo »

I just got home after a great weekend, well done to the organizers for sorting everything out! Great to meet new people and put faces to the people I've been talking to on here for years. Unfortunately I came down with some dreaded man flu so ended up spending quite a lot of the weekend asleep. Hopefully I will regain my voice soon...
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

What a fab weekend. An absolute massive thank you to Scott, we are so lucky to have such a brilliant events admin. :+:

Also what a great collaboration we have with Phil et al. from the ROC, really felt that we have a good relationship and as Ste suggested we should collaborate more in the future.

It was so much easier than previous years having a marquee this time and it worked really well too. Loved the GH hero, even if I very nearly got boo'd off stage. I was okay until I remembered everyone was watching, the drinks I'd had might not have helped my coordination! /excuses!

Was great to put a few more faces to names and good to get to know a few more members a bit better. Great to meet Marc, Ben Edwards both of whom i have the odd bit of banter with. Stevieskydive apeared in a toga but unfortunately was so inebriated that he didn't make much sense.

We were up chatting/drinking till the late early hours and I just about managed to get up in time to watch the GP on the projector. I must say I didn't feel very well in the morning, but it was so worth it! Roll on next year, it just seems to get better and better. :+:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
craig

Post by craig »

Probably the best JAE I been to out of 5!!

Absolutely loved the weekend, caught the sun 8) Had a fab time, Dale you were so funny on friday night! My face was aching all night from laughing.

Good to meet Steve Horrocks and Marc GT Turbo, a couple of top lads :clap:

Me and the gf had a fantastic time!! Was just over too quick :(

Pure quality \:D/ \:D/ :clap:

PS thanks to all the guys involved in the organisation of the stand, lighting, bbq, hog, generator etc etc. Cracking job! :thumleft:
Chris

Post by Chris »

Just to say had a good weekend too. Many thanks for the prizes. :D Was nice to see some old and new faces. Well done Scott :clap: Fantastic organisation. :thumleft: Roll on next year!!

Oh yeah....Got me a feature in Banzai too!! Well chuffed the old girl has got it :lol:
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Really good to see all of you and put some faces to names.

EST JAE weather wise during the day i have ever had Nightwise though 4'C :shock: it was really cold!

Didnt stop me waking up at 4am with bad cramp and painfully crawling out of my tent to walk it off when the cramp had gone i then realised i was starkers and really far from my tent :oops:

roll on next year but can we have it in July though please :thumleft:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

LOL Ben!!! Good to meet you at last. I woke up at 7am thinking that my toes had frostbite, was so, so cold, I just climbed into my sleeping bag in what I was wearing. I don't think I slept that much during the night, but got a bit in during the morning when thankfully it warmed up a bit!
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Friday night was pretty cold too... certainly when I woke up Saturday morning I couldn't feel my feet at all!! Mind you I got a bit sunburnt Saturday so I was probably radiating heat that night :)
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Ben

Post by Ben »

What a brilliant weekend! It was great to put facrs to usernames (even though I didn't speak to everyone there - I better go next year too :D ).

Notable moments:

Turning up without recognising anyone, only to hear "That's Ben Edwards!!" from Oukie, who promptly told me I'd parked in the wrong section :oops:

Anything related to Pete and alcohol (including the instant sobriety offered by GH)

Plotting how to siphon diesel out of a nearby transit van so that we could continue playing said GH.

The NOISE POLICE!!!

Drunk photography, followed 5 hours later by hung-over photography :?

Being first in the breakfast que.

Haribo vodka (DO NOT try this!) and subsequently putting the world to rights until 4.15am - in between Jo's giggling fits. Oh, and outlasting Lauren :wink: :oldtongue:

And, of course, loads of nice cars and nicer people. Wgat a great MR2 community we have when we're away from the keyboards! :lol:

Big thanks to the organisers - thw whole weekend went off like a dream :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Ben

Post by Ben »

And how can I forget Guitar-Hero Gurning! :lol: :lol: :lol:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
redmk1

Post by redmk1 »

did you buy the supra ben? :lol:
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

was there an imoc show and shine this year? who won?
kirsty

Post by kirsty »

:whistle: Thanks for letting me and Dave gate crash the IMOC party!! And get my GH 'fix'!!!!! I adore that game!! :D

Great seeing so many faces I recognise - I'm gonna have to go to the pre event meeting next year and demand that the s2ks are next the mr2s!!!

Have to say, imoc/roc/mk1 must of had one of the best entertainment stands going!!! :clap: (although you were missing the spacehoppers we had on s2kuk) :lol:
Chris

Post by Chris »

Quigonjay wrote:was there an imoc show and shine this year? who won?

It was me :shock: . 2nd time now. :lol:
Ben

Post by Ben »

redmk1 wrote:did you buy the supra ben? :lol:

Lol! No, it's not for sale yet. I had a good look around it though :)

I will have one though, it's only a matter of time (well, and money :( )

Previous:
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

nametags are a must for next year!!!!
craig

Post by craig »

robbrookes5 wrote:nametags are a must for next year!!!!

I had an IMOC shirt with me username on the back :mrgreen: :thumleft:
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Another note of thanks for all those that organised and put in all the time and effort. Quality w/e and well done to you all.

R.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

benedwards64 wrote:Haribo vodka (DO NOT try this!) and subsequently putting the world to rights until 4.15am - in between Jo's giggling fits. Oh, and outlasting Lauren :wink: :oldtongue:

And, of course, loads of nice cars and nicer people. Wgat a great MR2 community we have when we're away from the keyboards! :lol:

Big thanks to the organisers - thw whole weekend went off like a dream :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GLOL at the haribo and Jo really was in full on party mode, i've noticed that she has been getting a bit naughty lately. I did let myself down, I admit by not being last up, but I can only blame that Haribo vodka! :tongue:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Ooh, not a bad idea, could go out with tickets. I must say it really would help.
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

RedMR² wrote:

I had an IMOC shirt with me username on the back :mrgreen: :thumleft:

i never saw ya t-shirt lol

bloody heads sunburnt thoough :(

Return to “JAE 2009”