Datsun Flares

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

LoSt GhoSt

Datsun Flares

Post by LoSt GhoSt »

LoSt GhoSt

Re: Datsun Flares

Post by LoSt GhoSt »

hm... Dam, I was trying to respond to a thread. Not make a new one. Sorry guys. Still getting used to this site lol
NDR008

Post by NDR008 »

What where are these from, I have Datsun arches on mine, and am giving up on ever finishing the filling. Would you know where to get these from? Looks sweet and cover the never ending mess lol.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Doesnt matter chap They look fantasatic :thumleft:
System-G

Post by System-G »

Those are not the Cherry arches though :wink:

Personally I don't like that Bolt-on flare style - each to their own though... :)
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
Jim-SR

Post by Jim-SR »

bolt on arches are the coolest type of arch ever. ive still got a set of these sat in the garage waiting to be used on something. want to stick them on my current road car, need to pull my finger out and get it sorted really!

and as said, these are not the Cherry arches that some people weld in to replace rusted MR2 arches. these are Datsun Z-car arches.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/7BSA02/50-1562
NDR008

Post by NDR008 »

I like them for the bolt on effect.
FossMan

Post by FossMan »

To Lost Ghost: Stunning car mate! Have you got any pictures of where the rear arch meets the sideskirt? That's the only bit that might spoil the look in my opinion.

From the picture you posted it looks spot on, and bolt on (rivet on?) arches might work out cheaper than having your rear arches cut out and welded.
pacman160778

Post by pacman160778 »

Is that your car Lost Ghost?
I have seen that picture several times on the internet and it is the best Mk1 i've ever seen. I'm a Mk2 owner but would love a Mk1 if i could find a good auto one. I would probably shamelessly have it just like the one in that pic. Simply awesome :D

By the way, i've just ordered similar arches from Japan. They were pretty expensive for all they are (probably near £300 by the time i pay the shipping and taxes :( )

Image[/img]
LoSt GhoSt

Post by LoSt GhoSt »

Hey guys. No that is not my car. I wish. That car is long gone to the scrapper. The guy who had it ended up parting it out and getting rid of it because it was so rusted out from the arches and also got a MK3.

His name is: Nachtmensch. In MR2OC. I tried getting more of his pics but he has his photobucket album locked.

I personally like the MR2 with bolt on flares. Its what my new MR will get since the rear arches are so beat up. This is kind of my inspiration.

I just don't really like how he did the fronts.

LoSt GhoSt

Post by LoSt GhoSt »

Jim-SR wrote:bolt on arches are the coolest type of arch ever. ive still got a set of these sat in the garage waiting to be used on something. want to stick them on my current road car, need to pull my finger out and get it sorted really!

and as said, these are not the Cherry arches that some people weld in to replace rusted MR2 arches. these are Datsun Z-car arches.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/7BSA02/50-1562

Those are it. There made from fiberglass so if you don't like the bolt on look. You can always fill them in.

- Keep wondering why there is not much activity here when I'm on and then remember you guys are on the opposite side of the world lol
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

I see what you mean about the fronts on the slver one. its like he realised they weren't kade wide enoough, so just fitted them further out! not good. they should match the rear.
really nice look on the car though . love the alloys. =P~
FossMan

Post by FossMan »

Does anyone know how much wider these are than standard MR2 arches? I've got 8x15 alloys, which sit just about level with standard MR2 arches. If I had these would they make my alloys look rediculously skinny?

Bit of a false economy buying fibreglass arches then realising you need to fit new alloys to match ;)
Jim-SR

Post by Jim-SR »

tbh they arent much wider than stock. just a subtle increase in arch width (more so on the rear than on the front) to compliment wider wheels. id guess at about 1" wider at the rear, and 0.5" wider at front. but thats a pure guess from memory.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

love that look

and love that silver one a lot too

:thumleft:
LoSt GhoSt

Post by LoSt GhoSt »

This guy is running:

fronts are 15x8 +0 rears are 15x8 -25 (with spacers)
205/50/15 on 8" wide rims.

with his fender flares.

JDM_AW11

hey had a question

Post by JDM_AW11 »

wat kind of rims is on that red mr2 i think there gold deep dish in the front and silver in the back, but its looks clean with them flares.
Shadeh

Post by Shadeh »

that is some seriously good looking mk1s! :D
OlberJ

Post by OlberJ »

NNNnnnnnnggggh.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnngggghhhh!

NNNNNnnnnnNNNNnnnnnggggHHHHH!

:-$ :-$

=P~

It's just, sexual.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Love it single L!!!! But I prefer her from behind :D
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”