Any info on new unichip?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ryan

Any info on new unichip?

Post by ryan »

Reason I ask is because my mate is getting his Civic Type R fitted with a unichip, but i'm sure I read somewhere that a new one is on its way out? Would there be any benifit him waiting for the new one?
Also hes taking it to Pro inter development who are in bristol. Are they any good?
I wondered if he could just get a S2000 ECU, as that would give him a power hike, or is it not that simple? I know that the JDM civic R has some different specs to the uk car :?
Cheers
Ryan :)
Terry

Re: Any info on new unichip?

Post by Terry »

Interpro have a bad reputaion, never used them but would be worth finding out a bit more.

s2000 has a different engine so the ecu is not the same fittment.

2.2 F20 in a S2000, K20A2 in a Civic-R

If you wanted to change the standard ECU it wouldnt be easy.

1) You would need HDS software
2) You would need to get the immob code and PCM code (from Honda, codes change daily)
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

Terry wrote:Interpro have a bad reputaion, never used them but would be worth finding out a bit more.

s2000 has a different engine so the ecu is not the same fittment.

2.2 F20 in a S2000, K20A2 in a Civic-R

If you wanted to change the standard ECU it wouldnt be easy.

1) You would need HDS software
2) You would need to get the immob code and PCM code (from Honda, codes change daily)

The ONLY ECUs that can replace the stock one on a Type R Civic are the MoTeC and Hondata. The MoTeC ECU is the only one that will allow the cam timing to be changed, though.
ryan

Post by ryan »

Cheers for your help guys, much appreciated, i'll let him know 8)

Return to “Modifications”