Joining the 300bHP club??

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

The Morris

Joining the 300bHP club??

Post by The Morris »

It looks like i just got a new turbo to go with the greddy intercooler ive got sitting in my garage. This plus a downpipe, mongoose, induction kit and 16psi, i cant be far off, can i??????

mark im after you.
ryan_s3

Re: Joining the 300bHP club??

Post by ryan_s3 »

think you will be running out of fuel at 300hp,i don't think the standard ct26 can support more than 280ish.
nutter

Post by nutter »

I was running a ct26 at 16psi, with greddy i/c ,decat , departure exhaust, and a k & N filter. Car was at around 270BHP at that point. As ryan says you'll be running the injectors close to max on rev1/2 to get to 3000bhp. What turbo is it?
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

its a blitz ct26. Quite a few people are running over 300bhp on standard injectors, but i know they will be on the limit. I will get it RR'd when fitted and see how they are coping.
Terry

Post by Terry »

nutter wrote: you'll be running the injectors close to max on rev1/2 to get to 3000bhp.

3000bhp, thats impressive :wink:
nutter

Post by nutter »

he he :lol: 3000bhp. Yes it is possible the standard injectors will be near max duty cycle at that level :) . Oops my bad
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

We'll see Lee, we'll see. :twisted:
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Attila

Post by Attila »

Hi Norris, i hope you will enjoy your new toy :)
300bhp is possible whit standard fuel, watch out for the injector duty cycle, or fuel pressure, but the best woud be to borow a wideband (the downpipe i supply has a wideband port) and see for yourself.
300whp is another questions, that is pushing the limits, and won't call it safe.

If you will get an emanage (i can not fully recomend it) or Unichip, then you will be able to bump up the fuel pressure, to gain some more fuel to the injectors, BUT please modify your fuel rail to dual or center feed!

SMT6 getting popular nowdays, cheaper then emanage and it has more options, you might take a look! SMT7 has mindblowing features, but it does not work whit 3sgte yet.
KiwiMR2

Post by KiwiMR2 »

It isn't so much the fueling won't allow you it's the CT26 that's the bigger restriction, even high flowed ct26's take a bit to get there.

Cheers
KiwiMR2
Attila

Post by Attila »

If his car was around 270 on standard Ct26, then the blitz unit will take it there for sure. :wink:
KiwiMR2

Post by KiwiMR2 »

Tilus wrote:If his car was around 270 on standard Ct26, then the blitz unit will take it there for sure. :wink:

Oh, didn't realise there was a Blitz unit going in, thought he just meant a new cleaned up standard CT26....my bad :)

Cheers
KiwiMR2
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

It's me he's chasing, I'm using a turbo technics hybrid ct26 with a st205 CC running 1.2kg/cm2 to get 310bhp using stock injectors and stock ecu (and have the 1/4 mile times to back it up). Fueling for 300bhp isn't an issue, it's the AFM that can be. I've been lucky and managed it, hopefully for him, Lee will manage it too.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Attila

Post by Attila »

What is your 1/4 mile?
I had 14.4 on an unprepared track, whit shitty street tires whit the CT26, and 13.4 whit the Blitz CT26S on the same track. 60 feet was a wery bad 2.0s in both cases.

I had apexi intake, costum exhaust and downpipe, copper plugs, 15psi, stock ecu, stock injectors, and stock intercooler.

Next time i'll be back to the same track whit SMT6 and 550's running 18psi on a GT32, and a chargecooler, will see! I am worried about lag and the clutch now :-D
nutter

Post by nutter »

I've had 13.09 on the standard ct26 on 16psi, with greddy i/c, decat etc. Sorry for butting in but i was pretty proud of that time :oops:
Attila

Post by Attila »

Thats an excellent time!
Our track is a pita, has no tracktion at all, what is your 60 foot? i am sure it is down low at 1.6 or 1.7!
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

I just dont want mark coming past me like im i a Nova

Actually to be honest i want to kick his ar$e, but ill settle for keeping up. :evil:
KiwiMR2

Post by KiwiMR2 »

Damn there's some good times there!! One of my mates down south here in NZ ran a good time recently......1991 GT with CT20b, aussie exhaust downpipe, 3" mandrel exhaust with n1 muffler, GReddy PRofec B, Tom's panel filter in stock airbox, TRD 3 brass button clutch......ran a 12.857 @ 108.7mph :)

Thought that was pretty good considering the lack of any ajor mods.

Cheers
KiwiMR2
nutter

Post by nutter »

I must admit it was a great start 1.87 60ft. Timing slip is here.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/darcy2/pic ... sttime.jpg

Mine is the one on the right (the scooby next to me didn't have a chance silly scoobsys :) )
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

I managed 12.860 at 110.55mph with lousy starts of 2.0s. It was bogging down every time and i know for sure i can drop at least 0.2 off of that time.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
nutter

Post by nutter »

i spose all this proves the ct26 is quite a capable turbo upto 300bhp. I still wouldn't want to risk running the injectors that near the edge. Just my personal opinion.

Return to “Modifications”