Old Hat - But Clutch Pedal Adjustment

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

willies

Old Hat - But Clutch Pedal Adjustment

Post by willies »

This afternoon I'm going to attempt adjusting the clutch pedal on my mk2 rev1 NA, as reccomended by a few of you guys.
I have no idea how you do it so will be going in feet first no doubt :? how hard can it be.... Anyhow, was just wondering if there's anything in particular I have to watch out for?

i.e. "Watch out when you pull xxxxxx off, as the xxxxxx will shoot off and you'll never get it back on" type things.

Cheers :D
Kelvyn

Re: Old Hat - But Clutch Pedal Adjustment

Post by Kelvyn »

Just read the BGB first. Hope you're a bit of a contortionist. You need to be a bit of one to get at it
http://www.mr2-tech.com/bgb/mechanical/ ... clutch.htm
Click on CHECK AND ADJUSTMENT OF PEDAL
Bry

Re: Old Hat - But Clutch Pedal Adjustment

Post by Bry »

willies wrote:This afternoon I'm going to attempt adjusting the clutch pedal on my mk2 rev1 NA, as reccomended by a few of you guys.
I have no idea how you do it so will be going in feet first no doubt :? how hard can it be.... Anyhow, was just wondering if there's anything in particular I have to watch out for?

i.e. "Watch out when you pull xxxxxx off, as the xxxxxx will shoot off and you'll never get it back on" type things.

Cheers :D

All you have to do is adjust the grey bar that connects to the back of the clutch pedal,to do this you have to first undo the locking nut at the base of the bar and then twist the bar either towards the pedal or away from it depending on wether you want the biting point to move up or down,either way you only need to twist the bar a little to move the bitting point up or down about an inch.
HTH
Bry
Watch out OZ here I come !!

Return to “Mechanical”