questions !

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

D33

questions !

Post by D33 »

Hi,

You may remember me from such threads as "htf do i drive this thing o.O" and "hi thar, i be knew to this place". I've just got a couple of questions that have been bugging me. As I'm sure I read these things from random places and I can never find them again ;/

1) Movement of the steering wheel. I'm quite a big guy, some estimate heights of 6'8 :-$ and thus the MR2 is a 'tight fit' at best. Although I love the damn thing so much I'm prepared to squeeze in.

So my question is this. I test drove an MR2 G-Limited ( import, obv ) and the steering wheel went up, down, in, out, shake it all about. When I was studying the 1996 UK GT T-Bar 10th Anni one that I've just bought, I could see the wheel went up and down but upon asking the owner if it went in or out, he didn't know.

Do they?

IS THERE SOME HIDDEN SWITCH THAT TOYOTA TORMENTS ME WITH?!

2) This brings me to my second question. Sub-Woofers. I've seen people modify the front of the car, removing the spare wheel to fit in some sort of music station that rivals small clubs. I'd do the same, but I'm not a tit. I'd prefer a spare wheel, as should anything happen, I don't know how smooth the ride would be with three wheels and an amp wrapped in a plastic bag.

I'm sure I read somewhere that there's a 'slot' or a secret "narnia world" like cabinet behind the drivers seat, between where you'd stash your t-bar panels and where the engine is placed. Somewhere in that divider? Now I'm not expecting to find one, open it and see Mr Tumnus but a space for a sub-woofer, just there, would be perfect.

Does it exist?

Cheers in advance.
Kelvyn

Re: questions !

Post by Kelvyn »

The shelf that the T bar glass rests on has an opening lid or in some cases houses a built in sub woofer and amplifier.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

D33 wrote:So my question is this. I test drove an MR2 G-Limited ( import, obv ) and the steering wheel went up, down, in, out, shake it all about. When I was studying the 1996 UK GT T-Bar 10th Anni one that I've just bought, I could see the wheel went up and down but upon asking the owner if it went in or out, he didn't know.

Do they?

IS THERE SOME HIDDEN SWITCH THAT TOYOTA TORMENTS ME WITH?!

UK cars had only tilt up/down, no in/out :(
D33

Post by D33 »

bu88er ;/
D33

Post by D33 »

wtf sort of filter is that ;/

i said bu88er ;/
MR2_RICH

Post by MR2_RICH »

i've got to sa y that is a quality post =D> :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

D33 wrote: I've seen people modify the front of the car, removing the spare wheel to fit in some sort of music station that rivals small clubs. I'd do the same, but I'm not a tit.

Classic =D>

D33 wrote:
I'd prefer a spare wheel, as should anything happen, I don't know how smooth the ride would be with three wheels and an amp wrapped in a plastic bag.

Superb ! =D>

well done for putting a big smile on my face - more posts like this please fellow members :mrgreen:
D33

Post by D33 »

Someone keeps editing my posts to indicate I have an agitated rectal passage but I assure you all, that I have not.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

D33 wrote:Someone keeps editing my posts to indicate I have an agitated rectal passage but I assure you all, that I have not.

:lol: :lol:
=D>

Keep em coming!!
D33

Post by D33 »

Right, well I drove it back last night from Plymouth to Torbay. The in/out wheel thing isn't an issue, turned out it's quite a comfortable drive so I'm chuffed :)

I don't think I'm gonna have a subwoofer.. no room ;(

Driving it home though, going over speedbumps at 2mph and it purrs... IT PURRS! I wanted to get out of the car, rub it and go kitty kitty kitty :D

Nice car :)
stephenridge

extra speaker

Post by stephenridge »

Hi

There is a space and even cut out for a woofer speaker located within passenger side behind seat, lift cover up to reveal space. however this was used when sub amp with extra connections for extra woofer speaker.
The driver side also had a storage space but this used for normal storage.
Have you found the other secret storage under fog light switch, idea to hold small torch, money etc.
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

Thanks for reviving this post, I'd never seen it before and it amused me greatly :lol:
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

12 years after OP's last post - I think he may have lost interest by now dude.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”