1992 Rev 2 Turbo TRD2000GT Wide Arch - What's it worth?

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mistertubby2

1992 Rev 2 Turbo TRD2000GT Wide Arch - What's it worth?

Post by mistertubby2 »

Hi folks,
I am thinking of selling my turbo TRD wide arch - anyone have any idea of what it is worth, or should I hold on to it until summer and show her off at a few shows? Mind you, there aren’t a lot of shows around here!
The wide arch kit was imported from the USA and we think it could be one of the genuine kits, as the quality and fit are exceptional. All of the joins have been smoothed out and de-handled.

Here is a spec of the car:-
1992 Turbo; TRD wide arch
75,000 miles;
Taxed; 10 months M.O.T.;
Just re-sprayed professionally in Jet Black;
S/S exhaust with 5” exits - sounds great!;
Lenso 18” alloys; Good tyres;
Water injection system;
A.V.C.-R boost controller;
Blitz air filter;
Rev.6 rear lights; neons all round;
Bailey dump valve;
Cross drilled brake discs, as new;
Belstein SP shocks;
F1 progressive spring kit; - this car handles as if it is on rails!
Turbo timer;
Custom leather seats;
Momo steering wheel;
Replacement turbo from T.C.B. Performance;
New Berk technology de-cat pipe;
New Toyota ignition leads, plus plugs;
Clifford Concept Cat 1 with 2 fobs;
In-car adio/visual system; multi-player remote control 7” touch screen with D.V.D. player, option for a T.V., plays C.D.s, SD card reader, USB connection for playing from flash sticks, Bluetooth for hands free, 2Gb SD card, several inputs/ outputs, and probably a lot more which I have forgotten!

There are more images in my garage. Thanks for looking and reading to the end!
saj8162

Re: 1992 Rev 2 Turbo TRD2000GT Wide Arch - What's it worth?

Post by saj8162 »

Got any pics of the engine and interior ?
mistertubby2

Post by mistertubby2 »

saj8162 wrote:Got any pics of the engine and interior ?

Hi,

I have added a picture of the interior in my garage photos. This was before he had a good clean out. Not got any of the engine, but it is quite clean and looks quite normal.
rossdymond3352

Post by rossdymond3352 »

its hard to say, depending on overall condition and assuming te engines healthy...anywhere from £3.5k - £5k i would have thought.
mistertubby2

Post by mistertubby2 »

rossdymond3352 wrote:its hard to say, depending on overall condition and assuming te engines healthy...anywhere from £3.5k - £5k i would have thought.

The body is in immaculate condition. It has done about 5 miles since the full respray. Engine is very good as well. The engine is spot on. I am running it at standard boost. I haven't touched the AVCR as I don't have a clue how to set it, although I do have the original manual for it. The previous owner put it in.
Sub_Culture

Post by Sub_Culture »

Normally, kits are blended in because they DONT fit particularly well....

Im kinda interested anyhow. PMd you.

Andy
mistertubby2

Post by mistertubby2 »

Sub_Culture wrote:Normally, kits are blended in because they DONT fit particularly well....

Im kinda interested anyhow. PMd you.

Andy

Hi Andy, if you saw the kit you would realise what a perfect fit this is. This is why we think it is a genuine TRD kit. Even the wheel arches are rolled on the inside - no rough edges anywhere.
greglebon

Post by greglebon »

rossdymond3352 wrote:its hard to say, depending on overall condition and assuming te engines healthy...anywhere from £3.5k - £5k i would have thought.

[-X Nah!

Its only worth about £1000-£1500-ish! :whistle:

.....and I have cash waiting..!! :whistle:

:lol:
Jules-B

Post by Jules-B »

Where are you located?
Can you pm me with how much you want for the car.

Thanks
muckyman

Post by muckyman »

can I see some more pics please, specifically the passenger side and one of the fuel flap (open)
ta
mistertubby2

wide arch

Post by mistertubby2 »

muckyman wrote:can I see some more pics please, specifically the passenger side and one of the fuel flap (open)
ta
Hi have you seen pics in my garage,fuel cap has been relocated on the strip side strip next to engine hood,looks really smooth without it on side.
muckyman

Post by muckyman »

yeah, I've seen the pics in your garage.
I would still like to see the pictures of the relocated fuel filler. Slightly concerned that a bit of spillage from the pump could run directly onto a hot engine......
mistertubby2

Post by mistertubby2 »

muckyman wrote:yeah, I've seen the pics in your garage.
I would still like to see the pictures of the relocated fuel filler. Slightly concerned that a bit of spillage from the pump could run directly onto a hot engine......
Hi i will get a pic at the weekend,there is nothing hot under there just gear box, manifold is a distance away.
p34nut

Post by p34nut »

it does look very nice mate, would be interested once you figure out how much you want for it
lehem

Post by lehem »

We have owned 2 MR2 TRD's (replicas) and cannot believe how much they have lost value!

Our first one one we sold for £6k with no MOT back in 2005/6

We bought another one, as we regretted selling it, sold it this year about spp/oct time for £4100, it was taxed and motd, turbo and the paint work was immaculate (much better than the yellow one) bodywork smoothed, and brand new 8.5"/9.5" correct offset alloys/tyres.

TRDs seem to have lost alot of value, there are alot of replicas about now. My advice would be to keep it, you'll only regret selling for a low price.
mistertubby2

Post by mistertubby2 »

lehem wrote:We have owned 2 MR2 TRD's (replicas) and cannot believe how much they have lost value!

Our first one one we sold for £6k with no MOT back in 2005/6
Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.kernow-kruz.co.uk/forum/gall ... 150391.jpg

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.kernow-kruz.co.uk/forum/gall ... 353352.JPG

We bought another one, as we regretted selling it, sold it this year about spp/oct time for £4100, it was taxed and motd, turbo and the paint work was immaculate (much better than the yellow one) bodywork smoothed, and brand new 8.5"/9.5" correct offset alloys/tyres.

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.kernow-kruz.co.uk/forum/gall ... 764920.jpg

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.kernow-kruz.co.uk/forum/gall ... 394477.JPG

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.kernow-kruz.co.uk/forum/gall ... 975412.jpg

TRDs seem to have lost alot of value, there are alot of replicas about now. My advice would be to keep it, you'll only regret selling for a low price.

I lehem, I think you could be right. If I do not make £4.5k for it I will probably keepit until the summer and take it to a few shows to get it noticed as it looks even better in the flesh than in the pictures.

I can not prove it is a genuine TRD kit as it was bought by the previous owner, but he paid about $5,500 USD plus then the shipping and import tax which does suggest it could be genuine.
Last edited by mistertubby2 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wade

Post by Wade »

Bloody keep it mate, thats gorgeous.

Get yourself a rev3 lump up the bhp to 300ish - set of TRD alloys and you will be in love again!

Dont let it go!
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Keep it do not sell it Its lovely! and if you are going to sell it sell it May-June time easily get 1k more over February :thumleft:
mistertubby2

Post by mistertubby2 »

Tiny wrote:Keep it do not sell it Its lovely! and if you are going to sell it sell it May-June time easily get 1k more over February :thumleft:
Hi Tiny you could be right i have it on ebay at the moment loads of interest but no one wants to pay what its worth, they seem to think i wil sell it for peanuts,roll on summer,chears,
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

It's a lovely car, but you have to realistic I think.

1). It's 17 years old
2). People are cutting back hugely on expenditures.
3). It's a buyers market out there.

I don't think in the current market it's worth that money. Not to say it won't be in the future, but like all cars at all times, it's only worth what someone will pay for it.

When valuing your own car, it's always hard, as there's nearly always some emotive reasoning rather than cold, hard facts.

Good luck with the sale though, the eventual buyer will get a very nice looking car (just do a rev 3 rear light conversion though!).
3.4ltr V6 Turbo. Built by Woodsport. Controlled by Syvecs, mapped by Ryan. 420bhp @ 0.7bar from 2400rpm

Return to “MR2s for Sale”