www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
shim bank and valve adjustment tool
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 7

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The hallowed shim bank is with me now. [Mr. Green]
Mavros
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Limey,

Can I have dibs on it when you've finished?
cattouchin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I have a set of shims from an engine I stripped down, i'll stick them in the post to add to the collection if whoever has the shim bank at the moment can PM with an address.
Mavros
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I've got the shim bank at the moment but I'm about to send it off to Limey. Probably best if you send yours onto him.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Mavros wrote:
I've got the shim bank at the moment but I'm about to send it off to Limey. Probably best if you send yours onto him.

Cattouchin sent them to me, all ready to be added to the bank, just got to measure them up to go in the right bags. [Cool]
Mavros
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Can you let me know if you have any of the following: 2.5, 2.55 or 2.6 as I seem to need these more than anything else.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Mavros wrote:
Can you let me know if you have any of the following: 2.5, 2.55 or 2.6 as I seem to need these more than anything else.

I'll measure them up this evening and let you know. [thumleft] I have an old 3SGE head in the garage still with shims, I'll check to see if they are the same as the 4AGE and measure them up too.
Mavros
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Cheers mate,

I did contact my local dealer but they want 10 + VAT for each shim!
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Mavros wrote:
Cheers mate,

I did contact my local dealer but they want 10 + VAT for each shim!

Yup, that's about the going rate unfortunately. [Sad]
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sorry about the delay, 2.88 is the smallest I have. [Sad]
Lauren
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I've got a load but they are in Macclesfield. I think some of them are marked up.

Depends where you are, you could pop over to Mark's workshop and have a look.

I won't have time to look myself unfortunately. I thought I might have been down there this weekend working on the AE86, but didn't manage it.

I did ask to see if Mark can bring some home, but he's not sure where they are!

Sorry not much help unless you can pop over there really. If you're not in a rush I can have a look when I next get down there, but it might not be for a few weeks.

I'll ask Mark to have a quick look for them for you.
2013 GT86 Injen Induction. Volks Racing TE37s & TRD Aero Fins, Mega sounds. TEIN Street Flex 5/6kg, TEIN EDFC Active Pro. Tuning Developments Remap 4-1 Manifold, TD resonated exhaust, decat/overpipe, AP Racing 4 Pot front brakes. [lover]
Mavros
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Much appreciated Lauren,

I'll wait for you to check them when you get round there.
JamesDaniel80
Premium Member

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi,

I've been pointed in your direction because I'm in need of some valve shims...

I have a list of the ones I need (there are 14 in total with thicknesses varying between 3mm and 3.3mm).

Who do I need to go to, to make a purchase?

Cheers!

James
elbon50

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

JamesDaniel80 wrote:
Hi,

I've been pointed in your direction because I'm in need of some valve shims...

I have a list of the ones I need (there are 14 in total with thicknesses varying between 3mm and 3.3mm).

Who do I need to go to, to make a purchase?

Cheers!

James

Suggest you send a PM to LimeyMk1 James [thumleft]
Lauren
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Mark has had a look but there are just the buckets, not the shims I'm afraid. Tom may know where they are.

I will have a look when I'm next down the workshop to work on the AE86, but I'm not sure when that will be. I might get a chance on the bank holiday weekend. I know we have at least three sets of shims in all as Tom got them all, measured them and used the appropriate ones to build my engine.
Polypedates
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1988 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hello, I am after the shim bank and shim adjustment tool if available please? Here's hoping Limey still has it as I am not far from him...

Thanks
'87 MR2 T-Bar (interminable resto project)
'99 Accord Type-R (family bus)
'00 Ford Racing Puma (daily driver)
JamesDaniel80
Premium Member

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi,

I've just sent the hallowed shim bank back to Limey so it should be with you soon.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

JamesDaniel80 wrote:
Hi,

I've just sent the hallowed shim bank back to Limey so it should be with you soon.

[thumleft] Cheers James.
mark35

Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Valve shims Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Can anyone help with valve shims.

After 0.118 and 0.123 shims
MaryWard

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

That's really helpful. I have plenty of shims & buckets in my basement and I could send them away, since I am not using them. Thanks for sharing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: