www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
shim bank and valve adjustment tool
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 7

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I believe Vashy still has it as he is the keeper of the hallowed shim bank. [Laughing]

Drop him a PM or an email and I'm sure he'll be able to help. [thumleft]

I have a spreadsheet somewhere that will work out what shim you need if you want a copy.
cattouchin

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Right, Cheers I will do!! Think I have a copy of the spreadsheet already but thank you! [Smile]
vashy
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I am indeed the keeper of the hallowed shim bank [Angel] LOL

pm me your address, and I'll send them, just swap out whatever you need and send them back to me when you're done.

Unfortunately as you have only 2 posts you will have to tell us a little about your car [tongue]
vashy
Premium Member

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

quick update, cattouchin has the shims, and a nicer running engine already it sounds like (:
BarronMR

Feedback Score: 12

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Any chance of a shim swap from the shim bank please. Got an out of spec exhaust shim [Sad]

Loan of the tool to remove without taking the cam out would be most appreciated if available?

Cheers
vashy
Premium Member

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

BarronMR wrote:
Loan of the tool to remove without taking the cam out would be most appreciated if available?
Not at the mo', but when it is, no problem.

I could send you an individual shim if you want, just let me know what you need after you measure it.
BarronMR

Feedback Score: 12

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Just to let everyone know I took delivery of the shim bank and tool today, should now be able to stop that darn ticking this week [Smile]
vashy
Premium Member

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

checking up on/bumping the shim bank because there are quite a few people building/tuning 4AGs at the mo [Smile]
elbon50

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

BarronMR wrote:
Just to let everyone know I took delivery of the shim bank and tool today, should now be able to stop that darn ticking this week [Smile]

Do you still have the shm bank & tool Barron [Question]

Have you finished with them ?

Peter
elbon50

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Trying to track down the whereabouts of the shim bank & tools

Vashy says another member has them

BarronMR says Gordy75 confirmed receipt of them in October 2010

Gordy is possibly not active on here any more

Does any member know where the bank & tools are located please ?

Peter

(2336 8/7/12)
vashy
Premium Member

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I donned my sherlock holmes flat cap and tried to track down the shim bank. A lot of the leads just lead to cats, but I have found the shim bank, and it is now back in my possession. elbon50 - pm me.
elbon50

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

PMd [thumleft]
Icsunonove

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Peter, do you now have it? Or has someone else got it?
elbon50

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Icsunonove wrote:

Vashy has the shim bank & tools now Tom [thumleft]

Go ahead & ask him for them

I don't need them yet [Smile]
Lauren
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Icsunonove wrote:

Tom, do we not have enough given the other two lots of shims from the previous engines?
2013 GT86 Injen Induction. Volks Racing TE37s & TRD Aero Fins, Mega sounds. TEIN Street Flex 5/6kg, TEIN EDFC Active Pro. Tuning Developments Remap 4-1 Manifold, TD resonated exhaust, decat/overpipe, AP Racing 4 Pot front brakes. [lover]
SuperRedMR2

Feedback Score: 8

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I might need this soon, but I expect you would have completed yours by the time my HKS valve springs arrive [Smile]
Icsunonove

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thanks for replies [thumleft]

Yeah, thinking about it I don't think I will need shims, I can always take material from the valve stem if I haven't got all the right shims.
mgiggsa11

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Bump
Mavros
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Any chance I can put my name down for the shim bank? Are the shims the same for a supercharger?

Mav
Lauren
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

4AGE and 4AGZE heads are the same in that respect so shims are no different.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: