JAE 2009! Discussion Thread

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

JAE 2009! Discussion Thread

Post by Scott Barton »

Check back here soon for details on JAE 2009!

:thumleft:
Last edited by Scott Barton on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
tubby_mr2

Re: JAE 2009! Discussion Thread

Post by tubby_mr2 »

lol
craig

Post by craig »

:shock:

Best be somewhere closer this time :evil:
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Already!?

Hope it stays at the same place tbh, was like being on a proper holiday.. beach + cars = awesome weekend!!
Lemon Secretary

Post by Lemon Secretary »

yeah guys, i know it was a hell of a treck for some but it was totally worth it, mersea is lovely!! :D
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Lemon Secretary wrote:yeah guys, i know it was a hell of a treck for some but it was totally worth it, mersea is lovely!! :D

Totally agree,

Tbh wherever they have it there are always gonna be people that moan about the distance, its always going to be too far for some people to bother going to! But if people from Scotland and Ireland and further can make it, then theres hope for everyone else!
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

yep totally agree, i hope they keep it at Mersea, ok it was fairly cramped this year, but i have it on good authority that they will have much more room next year to play with :thumleft: plus that view was to die for \:D/ , Jinxy
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Tony jinxy froude wrote:yep totally agree, i hope they keep it at Mersea, ok it was fairly cramped this year, but i have it on good authority that they will have much more room next year to play with :thumleft: plus that view was to die for \:D/ , Jinxy

Good good! Yeah the vue was stunning, good for paupers like me that can't afford a proper holiday! :lol: All my potential holiday has gone on bloody petrol!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Shall we start a vote on the fancy dress/theme for next year?

I was liking Super Heroes and/or Sci Fi :thumleft:
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

JAE is booked at Mersea for the next 3 years IIRC and the site should be expanded by the next show. The owners are buying one of the adjacent fields for extra camping/stand space.

Oh and I like the Sci/fi idea Matt, it encompasses a hell of a lot. Think I'll go as Predator. :mrgreen:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Limeymk1 wrote:JAE is booked at Mersea for the next 3 years IIRC and the site should be expanded by the next show. The owners are buying one of the adjacent fields for extra camping/stand space.

Oh and I like the Sci/fi idea Matt, it encompasses a hell of a lot. Think I'll go as Predator. :mrgreen:

You have the height on your side.

I might go as Chewbacka. IE topless.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

yeay \:D/ thats me going as either Duke Nuke or Serious Sam then (hey when else am i going to be able to dress up in public and carry around a minigun) :twisted:
turbo

jae

Post by turbo »

yep great venue and i was told that we r getting 2 new fields so the show can b bigger and better and also a new road is in the pipelines of being built to make it better to get on and off the island and there is going to b 2 (yes) 2 jae next year one up north as well at the start of the show season :D
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Hmmm...bit dubious on two JAE's. It will end up as just the southern people going to Mersea and just the Northern people going to the one 'oop north'. It would halve the attendance figures for some of the clubs and take away the magic of an 'Annual JAE meet', where the whole idea was to bring club members far and wide in one place at one time.

:-:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I'd miss Chris' broad northern accent too!
turbo

jae

Post by turbo »

yea its not deffo for 2 shows yet but its looking like a good poss as i was told
Nails

Post by Nails »

ScottBarton wrote:Hmmm...bit dubious on two JAE's. It will end up as just the southern people going to Mersea and just the Northern people going to the one 'oop north'. It would halve the attendance figures for some of the clubs and take away the magic of an 'Annual JAE meet', where the whole idea was to bring club members far and wide in one place at one time.

:-:

Bang on the money, this was why I boycotted it this year, not because of the extra drive, but because of the idea of what they were doing. Ive been going to JAE for a good few years now, and the move to perterbourgh was unnessary, billing is massive, JAE only used a small portion of it. Vauxhalls have an owners meeting there that makes JAE look like a pub meet.

But the move didnt spoil it, what spoiled it was the new phenomeon that was the 'jap car club', hundreds of little clubs popping up everywhere to organise jap meets for every mcdonalds car park in britain.

But dont get me wrong, there was a few good meets out of those, properly organised etc etc. But with the addition of these extra clubs it meant that going to JAE wasnt as simple as , I have a XXX car so I'll go with XXX club, so you met the people you hardlys got to see all year, have a drink and a laugh, enjoy the cars, and that was it. No banna boats, extra things happening to keep people entertained. What people started doing was going with their local jap car owners, and stayed within their own click (hands up I have been guilty of it too, and it did spoil the JAE experience).

JAE should be this
roughly in the middle of the country
have showers and toilets
somewhere to camp
thats it, everything else is something that we ourselves bring to make JAE good.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

well i enjoyed all the extra entertainment. Seeing as there's no racing it needs something extra.
stu b 1 tubby

Re: jae

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

turbo wrote:yep great venue and i was told that we r getting 2 new fields so the show can b bigger and better and also a new road is in the pipelines of being built to make it better to get on and off the island and there is going to b 2 (yes) 2 jae next year one up north as well at the start of the show season :D

I live in Colchester mate and can guarentee you there will be no new road mate. All the locals kicked off a fuss the other year about if a permanent bridge is built it would not be classed as an Island as it would be landlocked so the locals rejected the plans. With the strood as it is and the way it floods there is no permanent way to get off the Island so it isnt landlocked hence being an island. Those Mersea lot are a funny bunch :thumleft:

Might rent out the girlfriends parents beach hut next year :lol: .Fantastic place Mersea is for JAE though and to walk your dog :thumleft:
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

i never went to billing so can't comment on that, but to be honest the people that boycotted (not aimed at you nails) it really did miss out, the venue was fantastic, second to no other venue i have been to for a car show. Maybe the weather had a little influence on this :)

It took me 8 hours to get back mainly due to Steve towing his roadster, but i know people made the effort to travel down from scotland, Edwin travelled from the Netherlands (good to meet you :thumleft: ), and others travelled greater distances.

The atmosphere was fantastic, the facilities were good, the ability to wake up and go for a walk on the beach after a shower was top :D The MR2 village worked very well with the inclusion of the OC and hope that can continue next year. Also agree it should be one show, though if it does go to 2, i will be at 2 - another excuse for a weekend camping :oldtongue:

Really would urge people to reconsider cutting their noses next year for the sake of another couple of hours on the motorway - afterall, we are a car club and supposed to enjoy driving :?:

Return to “JAE 2009”