Heater not clearing windscreen - Rad empty ???

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Gav_sw20

Heater not clearing windscreen - Rad empty ???

Post by Gav_sw20 »

re: Rev 1 Turbo

Got in car this morning and turned heater onto full to clear windows and they worked for about 3mins then stopped 'blowing' - managed to drive to work after clearing window with my tie then after about 15mins the window started to slowly clear from the bottom up.

Put hand over blower near windscreen/side vent and there was a very faint amount of warm air coming out but the actual blowers wont 'blowing' if that makes sense !!!

The lights all work on the heater matrix but the blowers arent emmiting any blow/power - any suggestions please, could the rad' be empty and if so how do I check bearing in mind the rad cap is in the engine and the rad is at front of the car.

Regards - Gav.
JJ

Re: Heater not clearing windscreen - Rad empty ???

Post by JJ »

You should be certainly able to hear the incar vent fan for the heaters without needing to put your hand over the vents... have you tried fri88ing the switch from left to right... have you got climate ?? throw the dial indicator from left to right !!

Make sure you havent got it on recirc - you'll always steam up !
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Gav_sw20

Re: Heater not clearing windscreen - Rad empty ???

Post by Gav_sw20 »

Defo not on recirc as was first thing I checked - yeah Ive got climate and tried clicking from left to right but nothing.

No I cant even hear the fans which is worrying !!!

Reckon it could be a fuse ?

Return to “Mechanical”