Am I asking too much....?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Peter C

Am I asking too much....?

Post by Peter C »

About a month ago I placed an ad in the For Sale section for a complete set of standard speakers, subs, amps, plugs, tweeter covers...

I've recently dropped the price down (from £150) to £100 and there's still no takers. Am I asking too much or is it simply the case that nobody wants standard ICE nowadays?

Peter

PS: This is not a plug!
woody

Re: Am I asking too much....?

Post by woody »

Peter C wrote:

PS: This is not a plug!

yes it is :lol:

hey Pete, did you sell your 2 ?? you still got the porka ?
Peter C

Woody

Post by Peter C »

It's not a plug - honest!

I sold the "Porker" six months ago to help finance a new house (which I moved into a month before Xmas).

I briefly had a Rev2 NA (non runner) which JJ took off my hands not long ago.

I still have my red MR2 (see profile), no changes other than a Mongoose exhaust. I hardly use it nowadays but it's for keeps.

My "new" daily driver? A 1989 Ford Sierra Estate 1.8L. More practical than a 911 and a lot cheaper to boot!
JJ

Post by JJ »

I could do with a radio for that car you sold me ! :D

Latest... hole in the side of the block ! :shock: Found a core plug and lots of thick pieces of metal behind a heat shield !! threw nasty amounts of oil all over the lower half of the car.

New 175 bhp engine in the engine bay at the moment, but no time to continue with it at the moment. Should have it running by this time next week.

The details will be sent out in the next day or two peter, I've been ill this past week so will get it to a post box.
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Peter C

JJ

Post by Peter C »

JJ,

Wow! I'm surprised about that. The car was parked outside my parents house in the same spot for about 2 months and it didn't drop any oil on the road. Likewise my driveway was clean after you took the car away.

I hope the rest of the car is in a better condition!

Send the docs when you can.

Peter

PS: Those Buds came in handy. Cheers!
JJ

Post by JJ »

The car was parked outside my parents house in the same spot for about 2 months and it didn't drop any oil on the road. Likewise my driveway was clean after you took the car away.

Haha !! no ... the oil will have been thrown out when phil was driving along the road when it first died. Non left to throw out. Had a bad oil leka on the box too, no oil in it ... of course I can't test it until the engines running, so fingers crossed the box is okay, otherwise out with the box and in with a new one ! :shock:

Cars great otherwise ! :wink: Having problems steering though ! :lol:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Peter C

JJ

Post by Peter C »

JJ,

Strange, the dipstick showed a healthy oil level in the sump. I had no idea about the gearbox problem. Sorry that the additional defects are causing you bother. :cry:

With regard to the steering problem, have you tried fitting a steering wheel? :lol:

One of the (many) reasons I didn't fancy taking the project on myself was the possible discovery of potential problems (like the gearbox) which would spoil my amatuer plans no end.

Good luck with it and keep me posted on progress.

Peter

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”