www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
The slow building of a mk1.5
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles -> Project Cars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaspa
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Feedback Score: 14

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: The slow building of a mk1.5 Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Woot! My tubby (err... Probe) has been up for sale for a lil while but I didn't know what I wanted as my next runaround. Anyway, I've been in conversation with a chap for a couple of days and went and saw the car today, a mk1:

After negotiations, I am collecting the car next week, along with another 4-age engine, a set of standard Sideskirts and a set of BBS alloys

On top of this, I was in a conversation yesterday with a fella who is selling his MR2 Turbo so 1 quick offer later and...

Now put the 2 together and we have a nice fun little project for the next couple of months.

We're exchanging cars begining of next week, how excited am I?

Stuart

Last edited by Jaspa on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Speedy
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 0

2012 Toyota GT86

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ooh, whats the plan for the car then??
Lauren
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Are you going to put the greatest engine in the world in the mk1?
j0nathan

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Lauren wrote:
Are you going to put the greatest engine in the world in the mk1?

Fek me - you'd never get a Rolls Royce Merlin out of a Spitfire in the back of a MK1. The noise, smell, the throb though.......
WeirdNeville

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Awesome! I've always wanted to see a 4AGE in the back of a Mk2!

Good luck with the project! Keep us posted.

(P.s. I can pick up that turbo engine once you've got it out of there. You'll only get 20 for scrap and I can collect for free.... [Wink] )
Tom G

Feedback Score: 2

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1.5 Turbo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

WeirdNeville wrote:

Good luck with the project! Keep us posted.

(P.s. I can pick up that turbo engine once you've got it out of there. You'll only get 20 for scrap and I can collect for free.... [Wink] )

[Laughing] you beat me to it!
Jaspa

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

WeirdNeville wrote:

Actually yes, And the other one in the frunk, think it would assist on the handling? [Whistle]

Oh and Lauren, Please don't hate me too much. It has a blue interior [Shocked]
Tony jinxy froude

Feedback Score: 1

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Oooooh Im loving those BBS alloys [thumleft] [Dancing] [Dancing] just up my street those [thumleft] [Applause] , first dibs on them if you get fed up with the project Jasp, in fact im gonna start a BBS appreciation society, a sort of home for used & abused / lost & forgotten BBs alloys....... donations welcome [Mr. Green] [Mr. Green] starting with yours Jasp [Mr. Green] Jinx
crazylegs

1985 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

mate you really do need to get out more. [d'oh!] see you next weekend.
Tony jinxy froude

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

crazylegs wrote:
mate you really do need to get out more. [d'oh!] see you next weekend.

[Mr. Green] [Mr. Green] Yeah i know, thats what makes me who i am though [Mr. Green] [Mr. Green] , see you next weekend mate, what day you going ? i'll be there from Satuday morning [thumleft] , cheers, Jinxy
Lauren
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Jaspa wrote:

Oh and Lauren, Please don't hate me too much. It has a blue interior [Shocked]

I don't hate you. I just hate your interior. [tongue]
System-G

Feedback Score: 2

1985 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Not many running Champagne cars about anymore... [Whistle]

Mine use to look very similar to yours, but 180 (or thereabouts) worth of rattle cans it now looks like this:

FWIW, Sideskirts don't look good on 1a's [Wink] [Mr. Green]
Jaspa

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

System-G wrote:
Not many running Champagne cars about anymore... [Whistle]

Mine use to look very similar to yours, but 180 (or thereabouts) worth of rattle cans it now looks like this:
Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://url.photobucket.com/albums/v240/System-G/MKI/IMG_3428.jpg[/url]

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://url.photobucket.com/albums/v240/System-G/MKI/JoWet.jpg[/url]

FWIW, Sideskirts don't look good on 1a's [Wink] [Mr. Green]

When I started plannign the 1.5, I tried convincing the wife that satin was the way to go. Unfortunately she think otherwise, and the colour is kinda growing on me.

Didn't have any intension of fitting the skirts, they were just thrown in (watch the for sale section next week [Whistle] )

Stuart
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 7

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Jaspa wrote:
When I started plannign the 1.5, I tried convincing the wife that satin was the way to go. Unfortunately she think otherwise, and the colour is kinda growing on me.

Yay to JRG! [Laughing]
Jaspa

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Well, I've had him for just over a week now and I think I am converted. It is so much more fun to drive than the mk2.

Before doing anything, I conveniently had a handling day scheduled at North Weald with some friends so what a great day to learn a new car away from the public roads.

Although I have decided that Serbia and Montenegro are not the best tyre manufacturing country available and have quickly changed the wheels to the BBS:

It's scary how a change of rubber can effect the whole car, at least I should be able to make it round RAF Woodbridge in an almost straight line [thumleft]

Stuart
sketch

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Wow [Shocked] What a difference !

Stu he look's soo much better [Drool] [Drool] [Drool]
redmk1
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

great wheels stu [thumleft] nice diamonds [Whistle]
SuperRedMR2

Feedback Score: 8

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

a handling day? was this specific to north weald air field or did you just turn up lol
Jaspa

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

SuperRedMR2 wrote:
a handling day? was this specific to north weald air field or did you just turn up lol

It was basically this:
http://www.carlimits.com/script/viewEvents.php?type=airfieldactivity

Cst 50 per person to Hoon around an airfield [Angel]

May look at organising one next year if there is enough interest.

Stuart
sanchi

Feedback Score: 9

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Those rims look amazing mate!

Damn good! Were they a planned buy or did you just come across them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles -> Project Cars All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: