www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Important announcement regarding glass at this years JAE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Past JAE Shows -> JAE 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 40

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Important announcement regarding glass at this years JAE Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Taken from the JAE website.
Basically any glass that is found will be confiscated at the gates.
So if you plan on bringing wine, make sure it is decanted into plastic bottles, or even better purchase a box.
Any spirits need to taken in flasks of plastic bottles.
Crockery is fine.

Quote:
Hi,

Another note which is vital to ensure your members are aware of is that Mersea have a 'No Glass' policy on site.

This means you are not allowed to bring any glass bottles on site whatsoever.

The staff on the gate will be checking vehicles for glass. If you have some with you, you will have to give it up should you bring some with you accidentally so please bring only plastic cartons/bottles on site.

Mersea is used all year round by children as an activity centre and therefore broken glass on the fields etc is dangerous not only to those attending JAE but a unsuspecting child who may find a broken bottle when playing in the field and getting hurt.

PLEASE pass this info to all your members and forums to save any wasted drinks and time checking everyone on entry.

Thanks all!

Andy

Last edited by Scott Barton on Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thats a bit daft... but anyway.

I'm taking it cans are okay then?
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Lauren wrote:
Thats a bit daft... but anyway.

I'm taking it cans are okay then?

Yup. Its out of JAE's hands as far as i can read into it. Its a stipulation placed on them by the showground as they have lots of kiddie events throughout the year.

Everything else but glass OK.
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Leaking oil sump that damages the environment - check
Cigarettes to give everyone cancer - check
Cocaine / weed to f--k everyon eup - check
Pills to make us all insane - check
Potentially lethal car cleaning chemicals - check

Glass bottle - ARREST THIS MAN!

[Rolling Eyes]
Lemon Secretary

Feedback Score: 1

2004 Volkswagen Lupo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Tiamat wrote:
Leaking oil sump that damages the environment - check
Cigarettes to give everyone cancer - check
Cocaine / weed to f--k everyon eup - check
Pills to make us all insane - check
Potentially lethal car cleaning chemicals - check

Glass bottle - ARREST THIS MAN!

[Rolling Eyes]

ha, very clever Tiamat, like your style!!

This is a bit OTT if you ask me, but who are we to argue I suppose? Guess that's the badger beers down the drain then [Crying or Very sad] RUBBISH!!
Ekona

2004 BMW 6 Series

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Anyone would think that they want you to spend all your money on the over-priced booze inside the venue instead...

[/cynical]
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I was hoping to take a couple of cases of Tusker to JAE, looks like that's out. Boooooooo!! [Sad]

Is there a decent beer that comes in a can? [Think]

I'm going to have to premix a load of vodka martini as well for Malc and I. 'Fraid it's tinned olives too old chap. [Crying or Very sad]

Edit: Just thought we won't be able to resupply at the local brewery! [Shocked] Unless we club together and get a keg.
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Limeymk1 wrote:
Edit: Just thought we won't be able to resupply at the local brewery! [Shocked] Unless we club together and get a keg. Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://star.walagata.com/w/limeymk1/Gifs/booz.gif[/url]

[thumleft]
Rogue

Feedback Score: 14

2000 Toyota MR2 Mk3 Roadster V6

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Important announcement regarding glass at this years JAE Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Quote:
Another note which is vital to ensure your members are aware of is that Mersea have a 'No Glass' policy on site.

The staff on the gate will be checking vehicles for glass.

I wonder what they think car windows are made of?

[Whistle]
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Limeymk1 wrote:
I was hoping to take a couple of cases of Tusker to JAE, looks like that's out. Boooooooo!! [Sad]

Get a holdall, layer of clothes on bottom and sides. Fill with glass bottles, then lay clothes across the top. Put something "compromising" on top and they won't dig any deeper.
Lemon Secretary

2004 Volkswagen Lupo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Tiamat wrote:
Limeymk1 wrote:

Get a holdall, layer of clothes on bottom and sides. Fill with glass bottles, then lay clothes across the top. Put something "compromising" on top and they won't dig any deeper.

We're so bad... hehehe
AW11 Forever..!

1988 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Quote:
Guess that's the badger beers down the drain then RUBBISH!!

NnnnnnOoooooooooooo!
Lemon Secretary

2004 Volkswagen Lupo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

AW11 Forever..! wrote:
Quote:
Guess that's the badger beers down the drain then RUBBISH!!

NnnnnnOoooooooooooo!

yeah i know, it's sooooooooooo rubbish, but i think we can get some of them in cans, yeaaahhhh! [thumleft]
mr2mk1chick
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3

1988 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

This is the same rules as other places like the large events at Santa Pod - no glass.
I found a large case of wine helps [thumleft]
Also there are plenty of cheap (blinding) spirits in plastic - see the lowly shelves in asda, plus coke etc in plastic bottles.

cans are easy to take too.
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

If you know anyone going to the continent before JAE, ask them to get you some of the mini barrels of decent beer you can get in the hypermarkets [thumleft]
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

jmachling wrote:
If you know anyone going to the continent before JAE, ask them to get you some of the mini barrels of decent beer you can get in the hypermarkets [thumleft]

Why did we not get any last Saturday??? [Brick wall] [Brick wall] [Brick wall]
jmachling
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ScottBarton wrote:
jmachling wrote:

I did say you shouldn't have bought all that 'Kwak' but would you listen? [Wink]

I'm thinking of heading to my favourite brewery and picking up a polypin of the good stuff that you're more than welcome to share, Scott [Very Happy]
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

jmachling wrote:
ScottBarton wrote:
jmachling wrote:

I did say you shouldn't have bought all that 'Kwak' but would you listen? [Wink]

I'm thinking of heading to my favourite brewery and picking up a polypin of the good stuff that you're more than welcome to share, Scott [Very Happy]

[thumleft] [thumleft] [thumleft] [Drool] [Drool] [thumleft] [thumleft] [thumleft]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Past JAE Shows -> JAE 2008 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: