IMOC NUMBER PLATES

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Urban Assault Vehicle

IMOC NUMBER PLATES

Post by Urban Assault Vehicle »

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, or if it has been suggested before but why not have some form of owners club number plate.

It could have something along the lines of the IMOC logo on the side replacing whatever logos come as standard these days and maybe even the owners IMOC username along the bottom.

Would be quite good at meets and if another IMOCer had one on the road the car would be instantly recognisable. Could lead to a lot more flashing of headlights and friendly waves :)

I don't know what the implications of this would be with the law (maybe even just to use at meets/shows) or what costs would be involved - just a suggestion.

Cheers
Graeme
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: IMOC NUMBER PLATES

Post by Lauren »

I recently had some number plates made up and they said that its not illegal to have anything along the bottom, was most annoyed at this.

Don't know if you can have something else in place of the GB moniker anymore. Trouble is as i wanted the GB bit on the rear plate for my euro trips it doesn't leave any options for having IMOC on the plate itself.

Could be okay for show etc though where you can have anything you want of course.
michael

Post by michael »

They would only be suitable for show use.

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmark ... ements.htm
Urban Assault Vehicle

Bang goes that idea then!

Cheers for the info.

Graeme
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Urban Assault Vehicle wrote:Bang goes that idea then!

Cheers for the info.

Graeme

Update, just found this site:

https://www.aplates.com/plateBuilder.html

also just ordered a rear plate with my website printed on the bottom. It may be illegal, but i don't think i'm pushing the boat out.

You could get IMOC dot co dot uk on the bottom if you wanted or alternatively why not get a show plate with your name on? You could also get teh IMOC logo done i'm guessing with say your name/username on, so then at least everyone would know who's car is who's type thing.

Do you fancy contacting them and seeing what the score is?

Think its a really good idea you had and wonder if there was enough people interested that we might get a group buy going as its bound to work out a bit more expensive to have this kind of thing done.
arnoldmr2

Post by arnoldmr2 »

I think this is a great idea i see so many Mr2 about it would be nice to see how many of them are members and give them a wave.

Top Idea :lol:
Urban Assault Vehicle

Thats a pretty good site Lauren. They let you upload your own image.

Looks as though you'll be talking in the region of £30 a pair, probably a bit less for a group buy with a badge down the side, a border and a bit text down the bottom.

I'm still MR2-less as I haven't found one I like yet. But if anyone else fancies making enquires about a group buy then I'm happy for them to steal my thunder :D

Maybe when I do get mine I can crown it with one!

Graeme
arnoldmr2

Post by arnoldmr2 »

I don't want to tread on any toes but i droped them a line they can offer a 10% discount for 5 or more orders its not to bad but i think we can do better than that. :?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

arnoldmr2 wrote:I don't want to tread on any toes but i droped them a line they can offer a 10% discount for 5 or more orders its not to bad but i think we can do better than that. :?

Good going!

I'm sure if we could get say 20 who want one they ought to give more than 10%.
arnoldmr2

Post by arnoldmr2 »

I'll give them a call over the weekend :thumleft:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

arnoldmr2 wrote:I'll give them a call over the weekend :thumleft:

Cheers! You are a star :thumright:

Return to “Club News and Announcements”