insurance area

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

chris99

insurance area

Post by chris99 »

How about an area where people can post their insurance details and quotes so other people can see who are the best insurance companies??

Maybe you cold do it so we fill in a table with things like age and NCB and other people could then do a search for the quotes that are close or match their details.

If that makes any sense :roll: :lol:
poyntesm

Re: insurance area

Post by poyntesm »

Chris,

I hope to add this into the garage mod that I am coding. Been very busy the last week or two so have not gotten round to sitting down and do it. I would guess that I will start it towards the end of this week and have test code ready mid next week.

Regards
Esmond
chris99

Post by chris99 »

Cool!!
Keep up the good work but dont over do it! Get out there and drive your car. Its summer you know 8)
craig

Post by craig »

chris99 wrote: Its summer you know 8)

Is it? :lol:
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

chris99 wrote:Cool!!
Keep up the good work but dont over do it! Get out there and drive your car. Its summer you know 8)

Will do...just trying to finish the code on the garage off as started it nearly two months ago...although the code now is 7000+ lines!!!

The garage will replace the car section on the profile and store the 1/4 mile times and rolling road sessions. All this works prefectly...I am just updating the 1/4 table to pull the info from the new part of the DB and display the rolling road info for the car...so if you see a time of 10.3 you can see it was with 100 nitrous shot and what bhp/torque the car is running. Having a few issues with it but fingers crossed solve it today and then finish off the insurance stuff.
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

poyntesm wrote:Will do...just trying to finish the code on the garage off as started it nearly two months ago...although the code now is 7000+ lines!!!

Don't think much of PHP, the old site was about 12,000 lines in total :)
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Aidy wrote:Don't think much of PHP, the old site was about 12,000 lines in total :)

I would not judge PHP based on my use of it. I am sure some of the code could be placed into functions and greatly reduce the length...just not bothered to do that till I have 100% of the functionality complete. Although once the insurance bit is in and the product and garage rating that will be nearly all the old IMOC features ported. So maybe 7000 is not so bad.
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

I was only counting the code lines though, not the HTML or anything. With HTML it would have been way way higher.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Aidy wrote:I was only counting the code lines though, not the HTML or anything. With HTML it would have been way way higher.

Same on this side...the template files I count seperate.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Aidy

Post by Aidy »

You might want to format the result of your sums in currency format :)
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Good idea....done.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”