TOTB4 - Who wants to be involved?

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

michael

TOTB4 - Who wants to be involved?

Post by michael »

OK - as last year I'll ask the question.... who wants to be in TOTB4 this year?

However I'll also ask....

Who genuinely thinks they will have a car that is not only running but also able to compete at a decent level on all events?

If you want to be involved please copy and paste the list to add your name below:

JJ

Re: TOTB4 - Who wants to be involved?

Post by JJ »

I'll answer in June for this one ! Need to get this major project out of the way ( april ! ) then start assembling, get it fitted and ran in ready for some kicking !

At the moment, the stock engines too slow for competing in events such as totb. I might even take a step back this year ! :shock: :wink:

My shopping list is now down to clutch plate and boost controller ! :D Everything else I have already :D oh ! and I need to get my wheels painted up for the new year too !
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

I'll put my name forward now on the premise that my ecu will be sorted well before then. Top speed and 1/4 miles shouldn't be a problem for me but i might have to buy some more suspension mods before then.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Realistically what qualifys someone time wise. I would have thought Mark to be honest that you and myself were a little bit of the pace, at least in the 1/4 section. That's even assuming that we can both crack very low 12's. In the handling and V Max section that's any bodys guess. I'm inspired that JJ managed to come first last year in the rwd section :shock: :D

Mikejc
michael

Post by michael »

Mikejc wrote:Realistically what qualifys someone time wise.

Low 12's and high 11's would be nice - the official entry guide for RWD is 13.4 if memory serves me right.

JJ has shown what is possible on the handling and if you get a time on the top speed that's better than 50% of the people who take part and don't bother with that event.

It would be great to get 3 cars up high on handling and some good 1/4s - it's all good for the image of the MR2 :)
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Mikejc wrote:Realistically what qualifys someone time wise. I would have thought Mark to be honest that you and myself were a little bit of the pace, at least in the 1/4 section. That's even assuming that we can both crack very low 12's. In the handling and V Max section that's any bodys guess. I'm inspired that JJ managed to come first last year in the rwd section :shock: :D

Mikejc

I can't remember Steve's time last year, but wasn't it 12.5 or around there? We should both be capable of better than that by then. I'd be very surprised if we're not both around 12.2's in a couple of months time. You sort your CC core and i'll get my motec working properly and we'll get back up to the pod again soon and get the times we're both capable of. :D
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

Mark Edwards wrote:
Mikejc wrote:Realistically what qualifys someone time wise. I would have thought Mark to be honest that you and myself were a little bit of the pace, at least in the 1/4 section. That's even assuming that we can both crack very low 12's. In the handling and V Max section that's any bodys guess. I'm inspired that JJ managed to come first last year in the rwd section :shock: :D

Mikejc

I can't remember Steve's time last year, but wasn't it 12.5 or around there? We should both be capable of better than that by then. I'd be very surprised if we're not both around 12.2's in a couple of months time. You sort your CC core and i'll get my motec working properly and we'll get back up to the pod again soon and get the times we're both capable of. :D

The times seem to come down half a second every year, i think to be up in the running we should be looking at 11s at least!!!!
Hedgehog Dodger

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

I would like to say yes, but I need some experience on the track. Also I need to get my car back on the road and see whats happening.

How many places will we have Mitch or are we just trying to gauge how many people will be interested?

:)
michael

Post by michael »

Hedgehog Dodger wrote:
How many places will we have Mitch or are we just trying to gauge how many people will be interested?

I'm still trying to secure as many places as possible but they haven't allocated any of them as yet - I suspect we'll have more than one and less than ten.

Just trying to get an idea of who is willing to play - lots of new people around these days.
Hedgehog Dodger

michael wrote:
Just trying to get an idea of who is willing to play - lots of new people around these days.

Lots of new people and lots of new cars. Trev's 500HP TRD2000 is a good shout. Andy F and his monster is another. Then you have JJ (1st place on the Curcuit last year), Stevo, Fonzy, Jonno and so on.

Lots of compeition and I personally dont think it should go on a vote this year. I think a 300-350 RWHP car would be more beneficial around the track than say some of the 450 RWHP ones being built.

michael

Post by michael »

Hedgehog Dodger wrote:
Trev's 500HP TRD2000 is a good shout.

If he's interested of course :)

Andy F and his monster is another.

Definately, he has the right mentality for the event - we just need to make sure he gets there and upgrades those Nankangs for the handling course :)

Then you have JJ (1st place on the Circuit last year)

If he manages to stop breaking his car ;)

Stevo, Fonzy, Jonno and so on.

And hopefully Toni G in the Twin Charged MK1, some of the MK1 Turbo brigade, Dino and the other quiet people who are still "in progress" - Mr Hornsey of course and many others....

Lots of compeition

Very much so and there is no way we'll have enough places to have everyone in the event - it's going to rely on those who have the enthusiasm to get some times down in advance, have a car that's ready and tested and are willing to be there on the day :)

and I personally dont think it should go on a vote this year

It won't I can assure you of that.

I think a 300-350 RWHP car would be more beneficial around the track than say some of the 450 RWHP ones being built.

Power is nothing without control......
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

*cough*

Hopefully the TC might be a contender...engine is being built but timing is everything. It should be ready May time, that's what I've been promised.

Certainly the rest of it will be ready in a couple of weeks (seats, AP brakes, roll cage etc.) Thinking about it, I'd better book in my bodywork modifications asap. I'm still waiting for some special CF bits from the States though, that I paid for in October last year... :(

As anyone who has ever done any serious tuning knows anything could be thrown up, that's the problem. Like delays on parts. I seriously hope nothing is..

I'd love to see the lickle MK1 scaring some seriously bigger cars, LOL.

You planning on running some timing events Mike?
T
michael

Post by michael »

tonigmr2 wrote:
You planning on running some timing events Mike?
T

Not so much running them but I'm hoping to be in a position to highlight when all the events are so that people can get along to the local ones and get some times - it's good to see a handful of members doing this already :)
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Well mine is now booked back into owens to be sorted on wednesday and isn't coming out until i'm happy with it and then i'm off to santa pod again at my earliest possibility to try and get the times im so desperate for. If that all goes well then i'll spend a bit more for this event. When is it again?
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

I would like to be considered however as my engine isn’t completed then I will happily step back for those who have a car ready and proven times.

I expect my engine to be in by March at the very latest, if it isn’t then I won’t be very happy.

Cams have arrived today, 850 cc injectors are being sent by JJ, turbo kit is on its way, and then it’s just a case of getting the PFC sent through and the charge cooler system fabricated. All run in and mapped and I’m ready to roll.

If going on the past results of the MR2 owner who sold me his turbo kit he was making 400 + RWHP with the turbo kit at 19 psi on 91 octane fuel with identical modifications to myself so I am hoping for good power even without the nitrous, the best bit is that turbo also has a linear power delivery so it should prove good on the circuit and spools by 4100 which should make it very workable.

Cheers

James
Hedgehog Dodger

Mark Edwards wrote:Well mine is now booked back into owens to be sorted on wednesday and isn't coming out until i'm happy with it and then i'm off to santa pod again at my earliest possibility to try and get the times im so desperate for. If that all goes well then i'll spend a bit more for this event. When is it again?

Markus

Do you mean Wednesday this week or next week? Mine is booked in on Wednesday next week to Owens to have it mapped and hopefully it will be 100% by the time it comes out :D

michael wrote:Very much so and there is no way we'll have enough places to have everyone in the event - it's going to rely on those who have the enthusiasm to get some times down in advance, have a car that's ready and tested and are willing to be there on the day

:) All competition is good competition. As long as there is healthy banter and no-one lets Stevo talk them into taking him out and caning the motor so nothing blows :lol: we should have a good team that day.

jonno

Post by jonno »

Count me in - I quite fancy having a real good go around the handling course and I might even be tempted to run NOS just for the event to try and get down into the low 11's for the 1/4 - all depends how progress comes along with the new chargecooler!.

Quite looking forward to the event already!

Neil.
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

jonno wrote:Count me in - I quite fancy having a real good go around the handling course and I might even be tempted to run NOS just for the event to try and get down into the low 11's for the 1/4 - all depends how progress comes along with the new chargecooler!.

Quite looking forward to the event already!

Neil.

Me too :D
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Interesting that, I was wondering about NOS on the TC :D

I've no idea what it will run, but lower spec ones in the states have put in 11s, if I can do that a bit of NOS might make it very interesting indeed!

Dammit am going to ring my engine builder RIGHT NOW and see how he's doing! 8)

T
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

tonigmr2 wrote:Interesting that, I was wondering about NOS on the TC :D

I've no idea what it will run, but lower spec ones in the states have put in 11s, if I can do that a bit of NOS might make it very interesting indeed!

Dammit am going to ring my engine builder RIGHT NOW and see how he's doing! 8)

T

Go on girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”