Gumball

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ENSMR2

Gumball

Post by ENSMR2 »

Any one know when this years one is?

A mate and his mate is entering with a Porsche.

Wondered if anyone here was gonna have a go?

Some mates and I considered going just for a laugh but with no intentions of actually competing. Road Trip more or less. I would have gone for it but Im saving the pennies for buying parts for the 2.

Incidently I was watching cannon ball run the other day.
cantfindausername

Re: Gumball

Post by cantfindausername »

The new cannoball run europe dvd should be out soon. I'm hopeing to be on it. 8)
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Hedgehog Dodger

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

ENSMR2 wrote:Any one know when this years one is?

A mate and his mate is entering with a Porsche.

Wondered if anyone here was gonna have a go?

Some mates and I considered going just for a laugh but with no intentions of actually competing. Road Trip more or less. I would have gone for it but Im saving the pennies for buying parts for the 2.

Incidently I was watching cannon ball run the other day.

Good friends of mine did it last year. This year its apparently starting in London and working down to Rome and then to Paris IIRC. It was sponsered by Redline, so when TOTBIII was on last year, he managed to get his BMW330ds down the strip. Pulled a 14 sec which is impressive with the weight of it.

Below is there Website, interesting read

Click Me
karammander

Post by karammander »

this a link of some people who did it last year, some good videos

www.antandpete.co.uk

cheers karam
Hedgehog Dodger

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

karammander wrote:this a link of some people who did it last year, some good videos

www.antandpete.co.uk

cheers karam

LOL....I know Anthony very very well. Was at college with him for 2 years when I was 18. He is a good friend of mine!

If you were to read the above post, I already added there link!

:lol: :D
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

^^^ Picture from the Ant and Pete site. We moan about the price of alloys from Mr T, but the price of Ferarri wheels must be mental...
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

I remember watching the Jackass Boys on the last one.

A BMW won didnt it? And some one smashed their ferarri.
Dave Couzens

Post by Dave Couzens »

That was a few years back - and there is the cannonball run (just europe based I think) and the Gumball - 2 diff events IIRC.

Last year was one by this large German bloke in some mental CL65 special thing costing ~£300k coverage was on Extreme TV and is occasioanlly repeated on there. They went off through Africa in parts last time.

The Jackass lot did it in 2001 I think. There is a DVD of the 2003 event in the USA which is quite amusing :)
karammander

Post by karammander »

hey i have a homemade dvd off all the coverage on the extreme channel, throw me some benjamins and its yours.

cheers karam

pm me if you want it
Kieron

Post by Kieron »

Nige wrote:Image

^^^ Picture from the Ant and Pete site. We moan about the price of alloys from Mr T, but the price of Ferarri wheels must be mental...

Ouch!

I'm amazed that Ferrari's can do the thousands of miles for the Gumball without needing a service ;)
cantfindausername

There are so many of these events around now. Another local one to me is driversrun.com - set up as direct competition for cannonball run europe. I'd love to spend all my time doing these things, but they cost a load of wedge. I spent a sh*t load on preping the car too.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

Friends of mine did it last year.

That'll be £8000 entry fee please :o
cantfindausername

There is no denying that they're pricey, but oh my god they really are an experience of a lifetime.

And being imortalised on a dvd is cool :lol:
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Did anyone see the 2001 gumball that took part across the USA. Unbelievable cars and the speeds they shot down the "highways" were crazy. Theres a clip of 2 motorbikes doing well over 100 being chased by the police! Eventually 1 got stopped with the other one hiding between 2 lorries, couldnt beleive what I was seeing. Saw the European one a couple of years back with ruby blo0dy wax taking part as a passenger. If I had the spare £8000 (and a ever so slighly faster car :D ) I'd be there like a shot. If anyone wants a copy of the USA gumball highlits, I have it on a cdrom (lasts about 1 hr), pm me for a copy. :D
robertagar

Cannonball

Post by robertagar »

Are we talking about the same thing. . .Gumball or Cannonball? As regards Cannonball the fee is £4000 per car with 2 people; tagging along might work and has got to be cheaper and may be a lot of fun. . . but will the organisers allow it as special car numbers and stickers might be required. Possibility of gatecrashing parties is an appealing challenge, but bring your own food.
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Which is the one that Kate Moss (or was it some over woman? the one that was top of the top gear star in a reasonably priced car lap board) did? And is it out on DVD?
robertagar

Post by robertagar »

Jodie Foster perhaps . .
robertagar

Blow off valves

Post by robertagar »

Any idea on optimum setting of a Greddy blow off valve on a '94 turbo? How Soft or Hard and what is the effect apart from noise?
pete h

Post by pete h »

robertagar wrote:Jodie Foster perhaps . .

not far off, Jodie Kidd...

:D
pete h

Post by pete h »

ENSMR2 wrote:Which is the one that Kate Moss (or was it some over woman? the one that was top of the top gear star in a reasonably priced car lap board) did? And is it out on DVD?

i'm pretty sure she competed in last years event (its Jodie Kidd, she competed in a Maserati), because i think thats the one where a policeman in spain or france was pointing his gun at her.

HTH

Pete :)

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”