1994 Rev3 MR2 Turbo in The Netherlands

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Edwin

1994 Rev3 MR2 Turbo in The Netherlands

Post by Edwin »

Last weekend I went to the UK and finally bought my dream car, a '94 MR2 Turbo! It was advertised on this site and on Autotrader, so I made arrangements with the current owner to have a look! Here's an impression of last weekend.

We (my girlfriend, me, and two friends) left very early on Friday, February 18th.

Had to drive 520 miles to see it... and cross a sea, too!

On Saturday 19th we arrived in Newtown, Wales around noon after spending the night in a guest house in Ludlow (very amusing). Finally I was able to see the car for myself!

First thing I noticed was that the exterior was'nt perfect. There were some deep scratches on the right front fender, and some other paint defects. But once I got to test driving it, those imperfections all vanished. What a ride! Very fast car indeed, no noises from dashboard, suspension etc whatsoever! Braking was good, steering even better! What a fun car to drive! So I bought it, and took it back home.

Of course, the UK it a RHD country, and all I ever did was drive LHD cars, so it took some getting used to, but overall it wasn't a problem!

Back in Dover, the ferry was delayed for two hours, which sucked as we were all exhausted already. Well, at least we were able to watch Shrek2 (again...) on my friends DVD player (in the VW Passat parked right behind the MR2).

Once the boat arrived, I was first in line to get on it! The German tourists next to us stared at my big Jap exhaust in disbelieve :lol:

Arrived home at 6:00 in the morning, and after a good night's sleep, it was time to wash the car as we ran into heavy snow on the way home. Had to quickly get rid of all that nasty salt...

So there it is, my new MR2 Turbo! Some specs:

- 1994 MR2 Turbo GT-S
- Super White II
- Hardtop
- Climate Control
- ABS
- Power steering

- 15" RacingHart CP-035 rims / Yokohama tyres
- Clear front indicators
- Front and rear strut tower bar
- HKS replacement filter
- Blitz TurboTimer
- SR Jasma approved exhaust
WinFreak

Re: 1994 Rev3 MR2 Turbo in The Netherlands

Post by WinFreak »

Welkom, mooie auto, en dat mag ook wel want je heb er een flink stuk voor gereden... ! 8)
<center>Image
Edwin

Post by Edwin »

Cheers mate, yours looks very nice as well. Haven't seen that many CRX's of this generation I actually liked, but this is definately one of them!!

Nice engine as well 8)
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

man, what a trip!
just to get an mr2, lol!

looks really nice, have fun in it!
edz

Post by edz »

That looks well smart! Was thinkign of respraying my alloys in black, but now I may have to keep them white :D
shafster

Post by shafster »

well done on buying a very nice car.

that was one hell of a journey just to buy a car though :lol:

my new trd mr2 comes in from hong kong.... but i didnt travel out there to buy that :D
Edwin

Post by Edwin »

shafster wrote:my new trd mr2 comes in from hong kong.... but i didnt travel out there to buy that :D

Yeah... but wouldn't you die just to take that car for a testdrive before buying it, if you had the chance?

I had it :D
Edwin

Post by Edwin »

edz wrote:That looks well smart! Was thinkign of respraying my alloys in black, but now I may have to keep them white :D

Yours look very nice as well! I would've never bought these wheels myself (would have gone for Advan RG's!) but they suit the car so well! I'm definately keeping them!
shafster

Post by shafster »

Edwin wrote:
shafster wrote:my new trd mr2 comes in from hong kong.... but i didnt travel out there to buy that :D

Yeah... but wouldn't you die just to take that car for a testdrive before buying it, if you had the chance?

very true. hong kong was a bit out of the way for me though :lol:
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Immpresive stuff :P
edz

Post by edz »

shafster wrote:
Edwin wrote:

very true. hong kong was a bit out of the way for me though :lol:

wasn't for me!.......if only! :lol:
couldnt_think_of_a_name

Post by couldnt_think_of_a_name »

awesome car mate :D

good road trip too i bet !!!

J
craig

Post by craig »

now that's MR2 dedication!! 520 miles! :shock:

RESPECT!!!!
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

very nice, sounds like you had fun getting her :D
Rhys-

Post by Rhys- »

Lovely, I do like white cars when everything is colour coded, they look really nice.

I had similar wheels on my first ever car, an Astra GTE :D White with the same spoke deisgn, they were a sod to keep clean!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Cool aqquisition story top stuff!

I just need to pop over to Japland to buy that AE86 i've always wanted. Driving it back might be an issue though. ;)
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

Hi Edwin, great story,pics and car! Will you be coming over again for the JAE? You can have a Dutch convoy :D Phil.
Edwin

Post by Edwin »

Cheers Phil, yes was thinking of it, but the single largest Jap-car event of Holland - the Japanese Car Festival in Assen - is held in the same bloody weekend as the JAE! And I've enjoyed this event for the last 3 years in a row... so it's going to be a hard choice.

Plus - on the JAE my car will be one of 50+ Rev3's?... nothing special! In Holland my car will be special as there are very few JDM Rev3's over here.
Edwin

Post by Edwin »

Had a dyno session yesterday! Was very curious to see how well the engine would perform in almost stock form. Only mods are an HKS replacement filter, and an HKS HiPower exhaust.

Here's the dyno sheet:

241 rearwheel horsepower, and 302 Nm of torque. Very nice values indeed! :mrgreen:

Could somebody explain the AFR behaviour? Isn't it dangerous how much it leans out at the top of the RPM range?

Here's me on the dyno:

MikeR2

Post by MikeR2 »

I managed to convince Edwin for a drive yesterday.. Boy, is that car fast..

\:D/

Return to “Member Profiles”