Photos of MR2C at Snetterton?

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Squizz

Photos of MR2C at Snetterton?

Post by Squizz »

Does anyone have any photos of the MR2 Challenge races at Snetterton on April 14/15th?

Our camera has a problem saving to the memory card, and thus we didn't get anything. :oops:

Especially interested in any shots of car no.14 (Karen Phillips). :D

Cheers,
Squizz
(www.karenphillips.co.uk)
ChrisW

Re: Photos of MR2C at Snetterton?

Post by ChrisW »

I've got a few photos, not sure if I caught car 14 though. I'll try to get them uploaded this evening.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Here's some I've got to hand... I'm hoping to find the time to write-up my experiences...

Rogue

craig

Post by craig »

What happened here?

Rogue

Post by Rogue »

RedMR² wrote:What happened here?

For some reason, all of the mk1's started driving the wrong way around the circuit... :oops:

Actually, this was the first lap of race one and Kevin Poole (car 2) and I we're jockeying for position. We'd both committed to our lines into the chicane and by the time I realised that he wasn't going to be intimidated into giving up his line it was too late for me to take evasive action. I braked as hard as I could, but locked my wheels and ended up taking a swipe at Kevin's car. Kev managed to continue - you can see him in the foreground of the photo - but I ended up spinning 180 degrees and watching everyone else barrelling towards me at eighty miles an hour!

I'll go into more detail when I can sit down and write it through fully. Rowland has video footage of the incident...

Rogue
craig

Post by craig »

Rogue wrote:
RedMR² wrote:What happened here?

For some reason, all of the mk1's started driving the wrong way around the circuit... :oops:

Actually, this was the first lap of race one and Kevin Poole (car 2) and I we're jockeying for position. We'd both committed to our lines into the chicane and by the time I realised that he wasn't going to be intimidated into giving up his line it was too late for me to take evasive action. I braked as hard as I could, but locked my wheels and ended up taking a swipe at Kevin's car. Kev managed to continue - you can see him in the foreground of the photo - but I ended up spinning 180 degrees and watching everyone else barrelling towards me at eighty miles an hour!

I'll go into more detail when I can sit down and write it through fully. Rowland has video footage of the incident...

Rogue

Jeez! :shock: :shock:
anna

Post by anna »

:thumleft:
superb offroad action there patrick :D

(when are you getting 4x4 sorted out for all that offroading :lol: )

[/runs and hides]
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Looks like the mk2s are going backwards in comparison to the mk1s.

:P
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

anna wrote::thumleft:

[/runs and hides]

Hey - I'm still on the tarmac! It's all the mk1's that took to the grass to avoid my lardy mk2 in the middle of the chicane!

I managed to stay on the grey stuff for qualifying and both races despite a huuuuge sideways moment when I unsettled the balance of the car at the bombhole. I've got video of that as well but it's in-car stuffso I can't post it due to legal reasons. :(

Rogue
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Lauren wrote:Looks like the mk2s are going backwards in comparison to the mk1s.

...and I still finished fourth in a field of fourteen going backwards. I came second in the final race while driving blindfolded.

:wink:

Rogue
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Rogue wrote:
Lauren wrote:Looks like the mk2s are going backwards in comparison to the mk1s.

...and I still finished fourth in a field of fourteen going backwards. I came second in the final race while driving blindfolded.

Rogue

A good result then.

LOL!

Well I guess that extra 50bhp must come in handy. ;)
craig

Post by craig »

Rogue wrote:

[/runs and hides]

Hey - I'm still on the tarmac! It's all the mk1's that took to the grass to avoid my lardy mk2 in the middle of the chicane!

I managed to stay on the grey stuff for qualifying and both races despite a huuuuge sideways moment when I unsettled the balance of the car at the bombhole. I've got video of that as well but it's in-car stuffso I can't post it due to legal reasons. :(
Rogue

Legal reasons? :-k
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Lauren wrote:Well I guess that extra 50bhp must come in handy. ;)

Not to mention the greater mechanical grip from wider tyres, etc etc...

Still, not even that was enough to compensate for my poor racing stiles. First place for each race was taken by newcomer Sam, who is a race driving instructor from Silverstone. I managed to smash over 2 seconds off my best lap time last year and that still left me 0.3 seconds behind Sam in his rev'n'rip mk1!

Rogue
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

RedMR² wrote:
Rogue wrote:

[/runs and hides]

Rogue

Legal reasons? :-k

Yep, farmer palmer circuits of which Snett is one have this frankly daft rule where you have to sign a decleration that you will not put on-track footage up on websites etc.

If you get caught you agree to pay them £25,000. Yes 25K!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Rogue wrote:
Lauren wrote:Well I guess that extra 50bhp must come in handy. ;)

Not to mention the greater mechanical grip from wider tyres, etc etc...

Still, not even that was enough to compensate for my poor racing stiles. First place for each race was taken by newcomer Sam, who is a race driving instructor from Silverstone. I managed to smash over 2 seconds off my best lap time last year and that still left me 0.3 seconds behind Sam in his rev'n'rip mk1!

Rogue

GLOL... you are a good sport. ;)

These ARDS instructors really get in the way. Remember i had the same thing with that pesky Lee Cunningham, denying me my first win. :(

Best of luck with it all. :thumright:
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

RedMR² wrote:Legal reasons? :-k

Yeah, you have to have your camera scrutineered and fill in a contract that says if you publish any of the material then you owe Motorsport Vision (owners of the circuit) £25,000! Suffice to say, you won't find my footage on t'internet.

I will have DVD's of it in our customer waiting area though. :whistle:

Rogue
craig

Post by craig »

Rogue wrote:
RedMR² wrote:Legal reasons? :-k

Yeah, you have to have your camera scrutineered and fill in a contract that says if you publish any of the material then you owe Motorsport Vision (owners of the circuit) £25,000! Suffice to say, you won't find my footage on t'internet.

I will have DVD's of it in our customer waiting area though. :whistle:

Rogue

ah reet!, £25000........expensive footage lol. Give me some free fitted Teins and I'll watch it in your waiting area :mrgreen:
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

I can't compete with Patrick's photos but I'll post these anyway:

Mark Mailer

Post by Mark Mailer »

Lauren wrote:Yep, farmer palmer circuits of which Snett is one have this frankly daft rule where you have to sign a decleration that you will not put on-track footage up on websites etc.

If you get caught you agree to pay them £25,000. Yes 25K!

Woah!!! Pleased I read that!!!! That's end my season quickly!

It was good to meet you all, and I was happy that I made it through scrutineering! Let alone making a 6th and 7th for my first outing in a MR2 for well over 2 years :D

*excuses at the ready*
I don't like the whole horror genre, I scare the xxxx out of myself in reality often enough!
tamiyauk

Post by tamiyauk »

Rogue wrote:

Rogue

What position were you in after the spin? Sounds like a stormin run if you were at the back?

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”