IMOC Trackday- Sat 3rd September @ Elvington

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lauren
IMOC Committee

IMOC Trackday- Sat 3rd September @ Elvington

Post by Lauren »

Okay, finally i've booked us up a trackday.

I couldn't do Angersea as there aren't any dates until really late in the year, so i've opted for good old Elvington.

Price= £99 per car.
2nd drivers are free as are passengers and spectators.

book online here:

http://www.bookatrack.com/-pB?578

You can also pay by bank transfer online:

20-81-00 / 90179035

Put your 'username' down as a reference.

The day will be open pit lane. So you can come and go on track as much as you like. With 36 cars with a 15 car limit on track ought to give everyone plenty of tracktime.

Driving starts at 10am and run through till 5pm. There will be an hour for lunch.

You need to arrive for sign-on by 9am. Get there a bit earlier than that would be my recommendation as you can sort out your car and not be hassled by trying to make sign-on before the drivers briefing.

Briefing starts at 9.30am sharp (if you are late you will have to wait till 10.30am for the second briefing).

As we are running open pit, there will be sighting laps for the first 20mins or so, then open pit till the end of the day.

Elvington is an airfield near York. Probably best known on the list for the place where TOTB is held. What we do is mark out a track using cones on the airfield. Mark and I actually lay the course out so we can make it MR2 friendly! The big advantage of this is that there's nothing to hit save the odd cone, so its a really good place to lose your track virginity and explore both your own and your car's limits in a safe environment. If you've got a bit of experience its a great place to play with your cars handling and really push it hard.

To ensure we keep the day MR2 only, please get your provisional bookings in ASAP. This costs nothing and is dead easy to do. Then to firm things up more either pay the full amount or pay 50% which will effectively guarrantee your booking.

How to get there:
Directions
RAF Elvington is situated 7 miles south east of York City and 2 miles north west of Elvington Village. The site lies adjacent to the B1228 Elvington Lane which leads to the A64 York Bypass.

From the B1228 look for Halifax Way and Whitby Road which lead to the entrance gate to the airfield (on the right of the entrance to the Air Museum).

Instruction
will be available and you can book this online or on the day.

Helmets
Same for helmets. You can hire a helmet for £10 or bring your own. If you use your own its up to you to make sure its in good condition and fits you well. Its your head etc.

Tyres
Elvington is concrete and so is quite abrasive. We have a tyre fitting service that you can use. If you are going to trash your existing tyres we can fit new tyres onto your car at the end of the day. You must though book for new tyres in the correct sizes before the trackday. You can buy tyres from the bookatrack website. You can bring your own tyres and we will fit them at IIRC £5 per wheel.

Bearding:
Mechanical help will be available from Bookabeard et al at the Battruck. Though obviously you will be well supported from beardy club members, so no probs there!

Food:
There is a burger type van there where you can get hot/cold drinks, burgers (surprisingly). The food is okay and prices are average.

Hot laps:
Jonny will do hot laps in the BaT Caterhams, which basically involves going round the whole of elvington sideways for 3 laps. Cost is £10. Its a ride you won't forget i promise!

I will do some hot laps in my MK1 for nowt of course, though they won't be staggeringly quick they'll be fun for sure.

If you have any questions please post to this topic so that others can see as that way it'll save me answering the same questions 100times.

Get booked!
BenF
Premium Member

Re: IMOC Trackday- Sat 3rd September @ Elvington

Post by BenF »

Nice one Lauren :thumleft:

Not sure if I'll be there in the Mk1 (or Roadster) but I may well be buying some tyres after the trackday.

Hmm - Do Buyatyre.com turn up for Elvington days ?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

BenF wrote:Nice one Lauren :thumleft:

Not sure if I'll be there in the Mk1 (or Roadster) but I may well be buying some tyres after the trackday.

Hmm - Do Buyatyre.com turn up for Elvington days ?

Yep tyre fitting will be on site. Don't forget we have the Bat-truck these days ie 40foot artic with tyre fitting machine on board, so no probs there.
Kipps

Post by Kipps »

Hope you folks don't mind me comming along. Only just got the Mr 2 and it is currently getting track prepped so should be a fun day

John
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Kipps wrote:Hope you folks don't mind me comming along. Only just got the Mr 2 and it is currently getting track prepped so should be a fun day

John

No worries would be glad to have you come! It should be a lot of fun, we've always had really good days at elvington in the past.

Get your provisional booking done, sign up on the bookatrack site is pretty painless. :thumright:
Ken

Post by Ken »

Lauren does a rev3 hybrid Avensis count as a honory 2 for the day, if so i'll sign up asap \:D/
Slacey

Post by Slacey »

Provisionally signed up....
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Ken wrote:Lauren does a rev3 hybrid Avensis count as a honory 2 for the day, if so i'll sign up asap \:D/

Yep, you are welcome as an invited guest. no probs! :thumright:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Slacey wrote:Provisionally signed up....

:thumright:
ribbo

Post by ribbo »

my god thats a long way off..

count me in!
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

What, no gravel to run into?!?!?!

Must get some sacrifical tyres for this one then :)
Last edited by Speedy on Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Speedy wrote:What, no gravel to run into?!?!?!

Must get some sacrifical tyres for this one then :)

there's plenty of grass to run onto for Anna though so you should be alright! ;)

sacrificial tyres may well be a good idea me thinks..
Damen

Post by Damen »

Would you say that front or rear tyres will get the most abuse? Or will it be even? I would have thought Rears..

Thanks.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Damen wrote:Would you say that front or rear tyres will get the most abuse? Or will it be even? I would have thought Rears..

Thanks.

Left front will take a lot of stick. Rears will to a degree, depends on how you drive it of course.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Can we drive the course clockwise in the morning, then anti-clockwise in the afternoon to even the wear out :)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Speedy wrote:Can we drive the course clockwise in the morning, then anti-clockwise in the afternoon to even the wear out :)

No. But you can drive it in reverse if that helps?
System-G

Post by System-G »

May be well interested in this event as I couldn't stump up the 99 notes for the TOC one - besides I don't think the MKI will be track ready for the TOC/IMOC event.

When do you need to know by Lauren? How many track passes will be available?
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

System-G wrote:May be well interested in this event as I couldn't stump up the 99 notes for the TOC one - besides I don't think the MKI will be track ready for the TOC/IMOC event.

When do you need to know by Lauren? How many track passes will be available?

Hi Garrick,

There are 36 places at Elv, so really its a matter of paying up before it fills. What you can do is book provisionally then pay 50% (£50) this will confirm your place and you can settle up the rest a bit nearer the time if it suits you.
System-G

Post by System-G »

Lauren wrote:Hi Garrick,

There are 36 places at Elv, so really its a matter of paying up before it fills. What you can do is book provisionally then pay 50% (£50) this will confirm your place and you can settle up the rest a bit nearer the time if it suits you.

Whoo hoo :mrgreen:

Sounds like a brilliant way of sorting it 8) Although I must get the service out the way first and see what's left budget wise after. Will keep you informed :wink:

When do you want, hope or expect places to fill?
What happens if not all 36 spaces are taken by the cut off date/time?
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

If all the places are not taken then we will lose the trackday. Obviously those that have already booked will go but the day will be opened up to regular punters.

So its important to get it booked up as ASAP.

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”