Nova driver v me!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BLOODUK

Nova driver v me!

Post by BLOODUK »

One thing i cant stand is tailgaitors , i came out of this turning to join this long road that is about 40mph and he was riding my bumper before we even joined the main road. Baseball cap , white nova, big chrome wheels as usual!

I booted it out of the turning and left him behind, and i ended up at a roundabout, again he was riding my bumper so i thought lets eat this guy for breakfast. I turned onto the onramp of the motorway and he was really tailgaiting me, i couldnt go anywhere just yet as i had other cars in front of me.... you could see his face in the rear mirror, gripping his stearing wheel hard with a smile!

Suddenly i saw my chance, instead of waiting for people to join the motorway ahead of the No joining part road signs I saw the motorway was clear!. I booted it across the last bit of the no joining part *OOPS HAH* , past the 6 cars still joining the motorway up abit of the motorway turned off round a roundabout and over the bridge.

What do i see, the nova Being thrashed under the bridge while i was over the top of him :roll: :oops:

Considering i have no problem with most bmw's and mercs a nova is a breeze
Al-sw20

Re: Nova driver v me!

Post by Al-sw20 »

Arent Novas like 1.2 litre shitters?
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Al-sw20 wrote:Arent Novas like 1.2 litre shitters?

Yep , it looked like that GTE version though but oh well
i dont like tailgaters :(
Al-sw20

Post by Al-sw20 »

:o
Last edited by Al-sw20 on Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Thats abit dangerous.... yet amusing aswell :lol: :lol:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Al-sw20 wrote:Yeah I know what you mean. I had this old codger tailgaiting me in his Z3 one night after work. He pulled out to pass me in a 50km/h area with a traffic island approaching...as he pulled out to pass me i grabbed 2nd and ripped up to 100km/h grabbed 3rd and held it there....he was on the otherside of the road with oncoming traffic now and the island in the middle of the road. He looked a right twit when he had to stop in the middle of the road :lol:

That sounds like pure idiocy to me. Surely it is simply not worth putting another drivers' life at risk just because they are overtaking you?
Brian

Post by Brian »

Lauren wrote:
That sounds like pure idiocy to me. Surely it is simply not worth putting another drivers' life at risk just because they are overtaking you?

Correct, just let them go. It's really not worth it, espcially a Nova!
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Brian wrote:
Lauren wrote:

Correct, just let them go. It's really not worth it, espcially a Nova!

She wasnt talking to me , why would i let a nova go? it was behind me

:lol:
Brian

Post by Brian »

BLOODUK wrote:
She wasnt talking to me , why would i let a nova go? it was behind me

:lol:

bu88er, I menat Z3 :lol: :oops:

Sorry, just got Novas on the brain after being cut up by one last night :evil:
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

haha no worries if the situation above was different and it was a nova
it wouldnt be able to overtake :oops:
nikaso

Post by nikaso »

Al-sw20 wrote:Yeah I know what you mean. I had this old codger tailgaiting me in his Z3 one night after work. He pulled out to pass me in a 50km/h area with a traffic island approaching...as he pulled out to pass me i grabbed 2nd and ripped up to 100km/h grabbed 3rd and held it there....he was on the otherside of the road with oncoming traffic now and the island in the middle of the road. He looked a right twit when he had to stop in the middle of the road :lol:

Anyone else watching would have said "look at that arrogant t*sser in the MR2, bloody MR2s.....grumble" Not the image we want.
michael

Post by michael »

*confused*

You were driving at Xkm/h and he wanted to go faster, he tried to overtake and then suddenly you decide to drive faster - if you wanted to go 100 why weren't you doing that speed in the first place?

Sorry but in that instance you are the idiot.
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

This section of the site is getting worse and worse in my opinion. If you want to drive like an idiot and put your safety and your car at risk and potentially those of other people, then fine - but don't expect me to think you're anything less than a prat.

Trackdays, drag strips and sprints etc.. all fine, the more stories the better. But bragging stories about overtaking on roundabouts, sliproads, undertaking, racing other cars, and generally being an ar5e on the open road (which is what this section seems to be turning into) is childish and moronic*. Slate me if you want, but I really don't care.
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

If you dont affect other drivers who cares!! :oops:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

MegatronUK wrote:This section of the site is getting worse and worse in my opinion. If you want to drive like an idiot and put your safety and your car at risk and potentially those of other people, then fine - but don't expect me to think you're anything less than a prat.

Trackdays, drag strips and sprints etc.. all fine, the more stories the better. But bragging stories about overtaking on roundabouts, sliproads, undertaking, racing other cars, and generally being an ar5e on the open road (which is what this section seems to be turning into) is childish and moronic*. Slate me if you want, but I really don't care.

This is basically why the section was renamed from its old 'Vs' section name, in an effort to encourage more posts that were either related to track experiences, or simply saying about good roads to drive and maybe experiences of driving different MR2s. Street racing is not condoned and not encouraged.
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

... and if you had smashed into someone else, who you hadn't seen, and smashed up your car, injured or even, god forbid, killed them... would your attitude change then?

Hell, I could care less what everyone on here drives like, do what you like. But what happens that 1 time that something does go wrong when you are driving like an idiot?
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

You can also crash when not driving like an idiot
or did you forget that?

Perhaps that other guy WAS driving dangerously
but joining a motorway across the lines earlier
when no other car is coming up the motorway
wheres the problem?
craig

Post by craig »

BLOODUK wrote:One thing i cant stand is tailgaitors , i came out of this turning to join this long road that is about 40mph and he was riding my bumper before we even joined the main road. Baseball cap , white nova, big chrome wheels as usual!

I booted it out of the turning and left him behind, and i ended up at a roundabout, again he was riding my bumper so i thought lets eat this guy for breakfast. I turned onto the onramp of the motorway and he was really tailgaiting me, i couldnt go anywhere just yet as i had other cars in front of me.... you could see his face in the rear mirror, gripping his stearing wheel hard with a smile!

Suddenly i saw my chance, instead of waiting for people to join the motorway ahead of the No joining part road signs I saw the motorway was clear!. I booted it across the last bit of the no joining part *OOPS HAH* , past the 6 cars still joining the motorway up abit of the motorway turned off round a roundabout and over the bridge.

What do i see, the nova Being thrashed under the bridge while i was over the top of him :roll: :oops:

Considering i have no problem with most bmw's and mercs a nova is a breeze

What was the Nova driver thinking? :roll:
Last edited by craig on Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

RedMR² wrote:
What was the Nova driver thinking? :roll:

No idea, mustve been fun cause he couldnt stop smiling
if i touched my brakes he wouldve hit my rear :x
craig

Post by craig »

BLOODUK wrote:
RedMR² wrote: