REZ...

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

thai boxer

REZ...

Post by thai boxer »

Anyone play this on the Dreamcast or PS2? I loved it. :thumleft: Damn original and very simple to play. Looked amazing in normal definition, gona look sweeeeeeeeeet in HD!! 8) :twisted: Level 5 was wicked! 8)

Coming to XBLA in HD this month!! 8) :twisted: :clap: \:D/ :thumleft:

Afew HD vids here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29397.html
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Joey

Re: REZ...

Post by Joey »

Played it on dreamcast, great game
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

wonder which game well get for free or if well get to choose?

be nice if its the latter.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

Oooh! I have Rez on DC!

XBox version will be stunning, I hope they don't deviate too much from the original...
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

thats a good thing about the arcade games.

they dont really change em and if they do they normally have a 'retro' mode or something that changes it back.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

Crystal Quest is pretty good in retro mode, but some of the sounds are wrong and the joystick doesn't work as well as a mouse would. It's lost the inertia aspect of it.

Rez would be harder to 'break' though, it's quite complex.

Have you tried that Giraffe game?
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

As far as I've found out its staying pretty much exactly like the original DC version...just with upgrading graphics and sounds!!

REZ in HD....about fecking time!! :thumleft:
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

I have Rez on both PS2 and DC (PS2 slightly better) but what a game, funny i was playing it last night. Used to get my whole body moving in time with the beat playing it. Got some HUGE scores saved on the score attack. :thumleft:

Certainly one of the best games ever made.

10/10 :thumleft:
C50

Post by C50 »

haha.. i still have Rez on the ps2
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

nakamura wrote:I have Rez on both PS2 and DC (PS2 slightly better) but what a game, funny i was playing it last night. Used to get my whole body moving in time with the beat playing it. Got some HUGE scores saved on the score attack. :thumleft:

Never played the PS2 version but kicked the sh*t outa the DC version!! :twisted: :thumleft: 8)

Wicked game! Can't wait for the XBLA HD version! \:D/ :thumleft:

Anyone know the release date for it on XBLA? I only know its sometime in January.
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

thai boxer wrote:
nakamura wrote:I have Rez on both PS2 and DC (PS2 slightly better) but what a game, funny i was playing it last night. Used to get my whole body moving in time with the beat playing it. Got some HUGE scores saved on the score attack. :thumleft:

Never played the PS2 version but kicked the sh*t outa the DC version!! :twisted: :thumleft: 8)

Anyone know the release date for it on XBLA? I only know its sometime in January.

Did both. Both awesome, PS2 just ran at 60fps and looked a bit better.

Is Rez coming to PS3?? Im getting one soon and im cant afford both and m a Final Fantasy man thats why buyin PS3 over xbox.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

nakamura wrote:
thai boxer wrote:

Did both. Both awesome, PS2 just ran at 60fps and looked a bit better.

Is Rez coming to PS3?? Im getting one soon and im cant afford both and m a Final Fantasy man thats why buyin PS3 over xbox.

No mate its not on the PS3. Read somewhere that they were gona do a similar type of game but it got dropped.

Damn glad its coming to XBLA!! \:D/ :thumleft:
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

Get both consoles! PS3s are great if you want to play at night and still hear your games without waking up the rest of the house ;D

Also, PS3 has Flow. And talks to the PSP (you can buy PS1 games in the store, then dump them to the PSP!). And plays Blu-ray movies, which look like being the dominant format (though MS have said they might bring out a Blu-ray player!).

But you still need an X360 because:

XBLA is excellent
Bioshock is excellent
X360 controllers are MUCH more comfortable than PS3 ones
You'll find other people who actually own Xboxes. PS3 owners are lonely, sad individuals. Like me.
pcp

Post by pcp »

REZ, probably the best underworld song they made, and the mix with Cowgirl is immense

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-WY1qn-k9qE

also the name of my pooch :D
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

RichardK wrote:

XBLA is excellent
Bioshock is excellent
You'll find other people who actually own Xboxes. PS3 owners are lonely, sad individuals. Like me.

Damn right! :thumleft: :mrgreen:
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

pcp wrote:REZ, probably the best underworld song they made, and the mix with Cowgirl is immense

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-WY1qn-k9qE

also the name of my pooch :D

LOL Rez is a great tune. Cups live is one of the best tho.
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

RichardK wrote:Get both consoles! PS3s are great if you want to play at night and still hear your games without waking up the rest of the house ;D

Also, PS3 has Flow. And talks to the PSP (you can buy PS1 games in the store, then dump them to the PSP!). And plays Blu-ray movies, which look like being the dominant format (though MS have said they might bring out a Blu-ray player!).

XBLA is excellent
Bioshock is excellent

Can only afford one and im looking forward to Final Fantasy 13 too much. So its PS3 for me im afraid. Xbox is great tho.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

Well, I suppose someone else has to buy one :D I will get around to sharing my network IDs (for all machines) eventually, but I forgot the Wii one and can never remember which Xbox ID is mine. PS3 is easy, though.

Though when Final Fantasy is released, I doubt I'll get to play on the PS3 since my girlfriend will be glued to it. She already played through Blue Dragon on the 360 and is well into Assassin's Creed now (she also prefers 360 controllers, so I got her it on that, and it's a nice tin box - they don't seem to do that sort of thing for PS3 owners...).
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

RichardK wrote:Well, I suppose someone else has to buy one :D I will get around to sharing my network IDs (for all machines) eventually, but I forgot the Wii one and can never remember which Xbox ID is mine. PS3 is easy, though.

Though when Final Fantasy is released, I doubt I'll get to play on the PS3 since my girlfriend will be glued to it. She already played through Blue Dragon on the 360 and is well into Assassin's Creed now (she also prefers 360 controllers, so I got her it on that, and it's a nice tin box - they don't seem to do that sort of thing for PS3 owners...).

Well i finally finished FF12 and for me it was best game ever made, certainly of the genre. Im disappointed the PS3 is lagging behind coz the games i like are mainly on playstation.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Return to “Games Consoles”