Best gaming headset with mic for PS3?

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

fizz

Best gaming headset with mic for PS3?

Post by fizz »

Going to use my leaving pressie from work to put towards a wireless gaming headset with Mic for the PS3 and want to know what the best ones are out there.

Whats the bet and whats the best for the money would be good so i can hint away to my co workers what to get me! :mrgreen:
H3RB

Re: Best gaming headset with mic for PS3?

Post by H3RB »

astro A40's yes they are expensive but DAYYYYMMMMMNN they are awesome.
i have the wireless version and they are crystal clear. i payed about £240 for mine but they are 7.1 surround and the mic is perfectly clear. no more having the tv quite at night to not wake the other half lol

www.astrogaming.co.uk
fizz

Post by fizz »

hahaha... that is very expensive for sure!

Are there any decent ones for about £130 ish?
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

fizz wrote:hahaha... that is very expensive for sure!

Are there any decent ones for about £130 ish?

you could go with some trittons but the build quality isnt as good and they have miles of cables.
you really wouldnt regret the astros
fizz

Post by fizz »

I think the extra i would have to pay on top of what i will get from the leaving vouchers i might just find it hard to splash the cash! :p

Yeah i saw the Tritton AX Pro ones and the reviews state that although they are very good when working, many have had the mic fail on them and its a common issue apparently.

Also seen the Turtle Beach X41?
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

fizz wrote:I think the extra i would have to pay on top of what i will get from the leaving vouchers i might just find it hard to splash the cash! :p

Yeah i saw the Tritton AX Pro ones and the reviews state that although they are very good when working, many have had the mic fail on them and its a common issue apparently.

Also seen the Turtle Beach X41?

i had the turtle beach PX21's before i had the astros and they were great but they also had miles of cable.
the x41's i think are bluetooth which im assuming will have a pretty naff mic (never had a brilliaint blue tooth mic)
you can buy the PX21's and the surround sound modual for about £130 so again you can have 5.1/7.1 sound and a crystal clear mic but it just wond be wireless.
for £130 you will be very pushed to get a decent set of wireless head phones.
you could always try ebay, i saw some astros on there not long ago for £150
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

H3RB wrote:astro A40's yes they are expensive but DAYYYYMMMMMNN they are awesome.
i have the wireless version and they are crystal clear. i payed about £240 for mine but they are 7.1 surround and the mic is perfectly clear. no more having the tv quite at night to not wake the other half lol

www.astrogaming.co.uk

+Loads, I've the same ones and cannot recommend them enough everyone who try's them always moans afterwards that theirs aren't as good and it's all my fault they are now having to save up for them.
But they are expensive.
There are some new Sony PS3 wireless headset just about to come out that I hear good things about. I'll find you a link
Navz

Post by Navz »

+1 on the Astro's can be found on ebay approx £140+

Turtle beaches are good for the money also but once you have used Astro's you can never go back thats the problem.
Last edited by Navz on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

funny man, I just bought a set of turtle beach p11's yesterday they are sh*t hot separate game and mike volume controls they're amplified and sound awesome.

They were the cheapest in the range and are not wireless only £39:99 from tesco's.

next ones up are £80 then £112

but I'm happy for £40 the sound is superb.
:thumleft:
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessori ... t-ps3.html

There are a couple of promo videos knocking around as well if you search.
fizz

Post by fizz »

All makes for interesting reading.

Im presuming all these head sets use AA batteries? Can you plug any of them in to charge or do the all need replacement batteries?

Also when are those PS3 ones due out?
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

no batteries the turtle beaches plug into play station via USB and one other wire to RCA tv out (the red n white plugs on back of tv)

no charging or batteries
ready to go out the box :thumleft:

you can hear the leaves rustling on the trees n floorboards creaking neve noticed that before.
Last edited by Razor04 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
fizz

Post by fizz »

Just found the PS3 official ones.

£80 doesn't seem bad considering the specs compared to the others.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Wireless-S ... 626&sr=8-1

Wont be getting my amazon vouchers till the end of the month and these are out on the 18th so will wait for user reviews. :thumleft:
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

tescos this afternoon :thumleft:

http://m.tesco.com/mt/direct.tesco.com/ ... -3805.aspx

although those ps3 one do look smart

I can recommend the p11's for the price they are ace :thumleft:
fizz

Post by fizz »

Cheers Razor - If i do get a set of headphones i want to get a decent surround sound set from the off so that i dont end up wanting to upgrade at a later stage. :thumleft:

Currently its between the PS3 ones and these turtle beach ones with the DSS control unit.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-Un ... roduct_top
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

wireless would be best but like said above I think you gotta splash big to get good quality ones.
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

The astro's have a rechargeable pack in with a mini usb socket so charges with the same cable as teh PS3 controller, It takes ages to run out and I just plug it into the laptop usb port whilst I'm playing as its generaly on the end of the sofa.
Wireless is the way forwardmeans you can nip in the kitchen and get muchies/make a brew and still hear whats goign on and hen your game is going to start.
Astos's will take any optical feed so I also plug the sky box in for movies with out keeping the wife up
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

someone sneaked up on me last night whilst I was laid prone camping and shot me in the head point blank, felt like I'd been shot in the head in real life!
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

If your playing any of the games with a briefcase bomb you can actually hear the briefcase open from about half the map away.
Just plant the bomb run off well out of the area, wait for teh clunk/clink of teh case being opened and then run back and kill the opponent (or tube/spam grenade/tomahawk etc)
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Have a look at the Sharkoon Xtatic – I have them and they are awesome. Produced by the company that make the Trittons, and essentially the same unit just look different.

Sound quality is superb, crystal clear and you pick up so much sound that is lost when using a TV. I was playing BF3 last night and was dug in waiting to attack and along with the explosions, police sirens, gun fire, ricochets, you can hear footsteps and tell whether they are running on concrete, wooden flooring or sand gravel, along with that you can hear background voices, tree’s rustling and even a cat meowing - I had to take the headphones off just to see if it was real!

They are cabled, but its crazy long so no issues with it reaching the sofa and I couldn’t be ar$ed recharging batteries or the extra weight of a battery pack sat on my head. Only issue with the Headphones is they are a bit tight on my head. Huge brain you see!

Return to “Games Consoles”