INFINITY 6500cs - 16.5cm

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dan1

INFINITY 6500cs - 16.5cm

Post by dan1 »

has anyone fitted any of these before as i will be fitting a set tommorow? just wondered if i will defo need spacers or not?
cheers
Ian Geary

Re: INFINITY 6500cs - 16.5cm

Post by Ian Geary »

yeah I stuck these components in the other month.

I did need to use a spacer - but they came with 3 assorted spacers and brackets anyway.

I screwed the large plastic spacer ring to the door using 2 stock holes and one new hole (in the spacer, not the door).

I then screwed a metal bracket to the spacer, and the speaker to the bracket with the smaller screws.

ps I use sellotape double sided sticky pads to stick the cross-over to the inside of the door - under the hinge.

pps getting the tweeter out is a git - but you only need to undo the front most wing mirror screw, and then bend the tweeter bracket round to undo it from behind. Don't bother taking all three screws out - they'll likely to start rounding.

hth

Ian
dan1

Post by dan1 »

I did need to use a spacer - but they came with 3 assorted spacers and brackets anyway

just recieved mine and the only spacer/bracket is the one which holds the mesh have not got any other brackets :?
brummypetepie

Post by brummypetepie »

dan1 wrote:
I did need to use a spacer - but they came with 3 assorted spacers and brackets anyway

just recieved mine and the only spacer/bracket is the one which holds the mesh have not got any other brackets :?

Same here, I got a pair last week and I havent got any additional spacers with them.....anyone got any ideas??

Dan - scary, I live in Walsall too!

Pete
dan1

Post by dan1 »

Dan - scary, I live in Walsall too
8) \:D/ what 2 you got might have seen you around. have you fitted yours yet :?:
brummypetepie

Post by brummypetepie »

dan1 wrote:
Dan - scary, I live in Walsall too
8) \:D/ what 2 you got might have seen you around. have you fitted yours yet :?:

Nah, havent fitted em yet, Im selling my Pioneer head unit and buying an Alpine one, buying some new 4" for the rears, getting some custom sub boxes built, so once I get all the toys Ill be fitting it over a weekend and itll sound quality!!

I had a quality system in my NA, but Ive now got a Black Rev 2 1993 Turbo, sitting on 16s Split Rims with a scoop on the passengers side.

I live slap bang in the middle of Walsall (if you know where Tesco is by the bus station), but part the car at a private car park round here, so you might not have seen me!

Which part of Walsall ru from? I havent seen many other Turbos around here, plenty of badboy scoobies and crappy hondas though.....
dan1

Post by dan1 »

but Ive now got a Black Rev 2 1993 Turbo, sitting on 16s Split Rims with a scoop on the passengers side
dont think i have seen you about, dindnt realise there was any residential by tesco? i live just down the road by the beverly hotel. i see quite a lot of mr2's about should organize some local meets as there never seems to be anything happening rnd here? had a look at fitting speakers last night and have made some mdf spacers so will fit mine later today 8)
brummypetepie

Post by brummypetepie »

dan1 wrote:
but Ive now got a Black Rev 2 1993 Turbo, sitting on 16s Split Rims with a scoop on the passengers side
dont think i have seen you about, dindnt realise there was any residential by tesco? i live just down the road by the beverly hotel. i see quite a lot of mr2's about should organize some local meets as there never seems to be anything happening rnd here? had a look at fitting speakers last night and have made some mdf spacers so will fit mine later today 8)

Quality, you dont fancy knocking up another pair of MDF spacers do you???

Yep, if you look above chemist, thats my house!

Beverly Hotel, is that the one up by the school, I think they have dodgy over 30 single nights there.....grab a granny nights......

WAsnt there loads of meets up by the Maccies at Cannock?? Or did the police shut that down?

Pete
Ian Geary

Post by Ian Geary »

hmm maybe they're not the same.

I got either the Infinity 60.5cs or 65.5 cs set from DCDezign - can't remember which now. Sorry.

http://www.dcdezign.com/products_page.a ... "+speakers

The spacer was only 5mm or so wide though.

Ian
philz

Post by philz »

I had a set of 655CS and just made up a set of MDF spacers, only took 10mins.

Return to “ICE and Security”