Wots this?

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Jimbob

Wots this?

Post by Jimbob »

Hi,

Ive got a sony MD/CD player and I have just wired in infinity speakers all round.

However I am having problems with my headunit. It still has a huge silver bloack attached which I understand is the power unit for the active speakers? I have taken a pic shown below

This is where it enters the block

Leaving the block into the h/unit

A load on connections into the CD Player

Can I snip these and rewire it seperately? Should I just snip the speaker wires and leave the power in to the block? I guess it supplys something else with all those jacks?

Speakers sound great

Cheers,

James
SFLee

Re: Wots this?

Post by SFLee »

or did what I did, rewire all the speaker wire with proper wire (think it work out like £1/meter) and bypass all existing stero wire but then again I am running it off amps in the front
brummypetepie

Post by brummypetepie »

SFLee wrote:or did what I did, rewire all the speaker wire with proper wire (think it work out like £1/meter) and bypass all existing stero wire but then again I am running it off amps in the front

Yep, this is definately the best way to go if you want your system to sound decent, and if youre going to install an amp or two later on.

The only pain is getting the speaker wire across to inside the doors for the front speakers......
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Sorted.

Disabled all the speakers and wired in fresh heavy duty cable as per pics. Left in terminal block as I couldn't figure out aerial and stuff?
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

The only pain is getting the speaker wire across to inside the doors for the front speakers......

what you found is undo both side on the door and at the frame , push the rubber boot out and use a metal cloth hanger \:D/ then just pull the back in, much easier and u need to do it once, driver side is harder (more cable) but still can be done

Return to “ICE and Security”