XBOX 360 IS xxxx

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

THE DUKE

XBOX 360 IS xxxx

Post by THE DUKE »

Sorry boys and girls it’s true!

Now on my second unit after the first blew up with 3 red lights... The "new" replacement was clearly a recon unit - the scratches gave it away! Received my "new" unit almost 4 months ago. It has just come back from being repaired for the THIRD TIME in this short period.

Guess what, it’s still not fixed! Xbox crashes after about 1hr 30mins. Once it’s crashed and rebooted it only lasts for about 10 min's before it crashes again. Tried everything, new games, old games, with out hard drive, with hard drive, without wireless, without net cables, moving power supply. Even got to the point of leaving it next to a huge desk fan to aid cooling. Nothing works...

Yesterday the consol came back from "Micro-crap-soft" and today... THE SAME. I called and practically yelled at some poor tech guy at how xxxx the product was and how crap the service has been only to find out the 3 times its been in for repair, they have not fixed anything as they say its ok.. xxxx me sideways!

Not only did they not fix it, they have marked/scratched the casing. All I get is the same old "I’m sorry, we will attempt to fix it again" bull$h1t.

This is the point where getting a nice big flat headed spade and the Xbox architect together for a little chat is needed.

Don't get me wrong, them game play is fantastic, graphics excellent, online awesome but when I have been unable to play the darn thing for damn near 4 months it’s beyond a joke!

I am unsure what to do with it now, coffee coaster, out the window, hammer time...

Anyone else suffered this dismay?
Bender Unit

Re: XBOX 360 IS xxxx

Post by Bender Unit »

My first 1 would very occaionally freeze always on certain games (Saints row and Forza) or the disc would spin down randomly (only very occasionally)

Chafed my ass so I swapped it for a brand new unit, thats worked perfectly since. No issues.

I guess its luck of the draw here, so people havent had any issues, so people seem to be plauged with them.

Putting it perspective my PC also crashes, and so did my PS2.

Bad luck though, you can only perserveer with it as you only left with a usless console which you can use or sell.
lee.w

Post by lee.w »

I get '' cant read disc '' on most occasions , even on brand new games for ****'s sake :shock: , on the plus side they can take alot of abuse as I've punched and stamped on mine for bad connection and not being able to read discs , for e,g ( true story) when your 1st place in forza on a endurance race which takes 2 hours to finish and on the last 5 laps it started spluttering trying to read the disc then it stopped , it had to have it :eye: ( a black eye for the xbox )
hicks

Post by hicks »

mine has froze a few times and scratched my copy of forza so had to buy a scratch remover.

also get the not an xbox disc thingy alot even when there brand new out of the box.

if it ever does totally pack up im hoping the ps3 has a good game base as ill just grab one while the xbox is off for repair.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

I know exactly what you're going through DUKE buddy! I'm on my 3rd 360 now....but it is an Elite so HOPEFULLY wont have any problems due to the new conponants they use in them.

The construction of the 360 is P*SS POOR!! The games and everything else is outstanding!

Buy an Elite mate! I did. :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
THE DUKE

Post by THE DUKE »

Umm good call Thai, i might get it fixed and ebay it, then get an elite.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

You know it makes sence! :thumleft:

I bought my Elite for £270 (had some vouchers to use in GAME) and sold my Premium for £200.

£70 for an Elite! 8) :thumleft:
THE DUKE

Post by THE DUKE »

Sounds like a plan stan!

I need to wait Microsofts word on this tho as i have escalated the issue. Who knows i might even get an upgrade (Not bloody likely)
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

if its like what they did with me theyll offer you some free games......

they also sent mine back the first time and it was still broken.

the second time i sent it i stuck big stickers on the box saying things like "please fix me this time before sending me home, i dont like being in boxes".

was hoping it would catch there eye and theyd actually look at it and they did . its been perfect since (a good 6 months *touches wood*)
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

SamUK wrote:

(a good 6 months *touches wood*)

Well pack that in mate...you'll go blind!! :mrgreen: :thumleft:
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

thai boxer wrote:
SamUK wrote:

(a good 6 months *touches wood*)

Well pack that in mate...you'll go blind!! :mrgreen: :thumleft:

:lol:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

:+: :tongue: :thumleft: :thumright: :cheers: \:D/ :mrgreen: :razz: 8-) :bball: ;) :eye:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

JohnnyC wrote:Image

:+: :tongue: :thumleft: :thumright: :cheers: \:D/ :mrgreen: :razz: 8-) :bball: ;) :eye:

= kiss goodbye to over half a grand!!

= own about 4 games worth playing.

:thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Touch wood (stop it that naughty) mines been faultless in the near on year I have had it.

It's older than that too as i bought it 2nd hand.
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

It really does seem like pot luck with the 360. Surely one of the worst made consoles ever. #-o

Ironicly sonys track record no usually that great but the PS3 seems reliable but no one is buying it. :lol:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I was doing work experience in a games shop when the PS1 came out. The bloody things kept catching fire and screwing up in general.
I still believe alot of it is caused by people playing for hours on end. I cant really manage more than an hour per session before I get fed up and stick the telly on.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

nakamura wrote:It really does seem like pot luck with the 360. Surely one of the worst made consoles ever. #-o

Ironicly sonys track record no usually that great but the PS3 seems reliable but no one is buying it. :lol:

The PS1 was terrible. I had 2. Had to play the games with it either on its side or upside down! :lol:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

thai boxer wrote:

Typical reply.

Its much cheaper than a monkey now. Besides it was never a monkey in the first place!
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Lauren wrote:
thai boxer wrote:

Typical reply.

Truth hurts doesn't it! :mrgreen:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Thought the 360 elite was supposed to be quieter ? my mate just got one and we were playing gears on it (sat night =3 blokes killing xxxx), top game by the way, but the noise , :shock: it was so loud im sure its just as loud as an old 360 but maybe not :lol:

Cant even hear my ps3 even with the sound off :D

Will have to wait and see getting a 360 elite for the GF in the new year for her birthday :thumleft: hopefully its just his cause my nephew has a 360 premium but it is sooooooooo loud :shock:

Maybe i was lucky but i got a ps1 the week they game out and it never went wrong in the years i owned it, then i got the ps2 and its still going strong. :D
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)

Return to “Games Consoles”