Road Rage

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BLOODUK

Road Rage

Post by BLOODUK »

Now usually when i drive im calm and i love driving i let people in
and i get on with people at meets, but today was a no go area!

Id had little sleep last night, nightmares... body pain and well
it didnt help what this women did in the car today.

I was driving towards herne bay, and we get to a roundabout
this women who was overtaking cars behind dangerously me came right up my bumper so fast i thought she was going to hit me. As the cars
pulled away she quickly went into the right hand lane and i accelerated onto the roundabout to go straight ahead , the road she was on arrow pointed right towards the village i was on the arrow pointing forward towards herne bay.

She decided to suddenly and without warning put her indicator
on and swing towards my right hand side pushing me towards the curb i had to hit the anchors on and she gave me the w*nker symbol then stuck her finger up.

Now that was it, i went crazy i will not have someone nearly ramming
me off the road and before nearly take my bumper off then give me the finger and call me something.

I booted the car towards her, and shouted * come on then you fooking sl*t give me xxxx will you * , i overtook her and went in front
then slowed down ... i shouted again get out your fooking car if your brave
enough to knock me off the road she had a look of crapped pants. Rather than continue this i felt she got her just desert's and i accelerated away, i could see behind me that her driving had improved alot.. She was slower, didnt overtake any cars and kept too speed limit.

-

There was no other cars about at the time i overtook but i will protect myself and my property and wont let people get away driving like that
she nearly took out cars behind me before i got to the roundabout and nearly pushed me off the road. Ive been driving for nearly 8 years
with no convictions or speeding fines and wont have my crap damaged
by someone who doesnt care about other's
GeoffC320

Re: Road Rage

Post by GeoffC320 »

I know what you mean mate.

Last week I was driving home from work in my wife's Civic, my wife in passenger seat. There's a crossroads with 2 lanes marked straight ahead and a left filter in both directions about 2 miles from home. The 2 lanes don't last long, you soon have to merge into one lane after crossing the lights although the road is quite wide - depending on where people have parked up ahead, if you are in the 'middle' lane sooner or later you will have to to pull across.

Well, I am not a big fan of using the right hand lane as all too often some donut is sitting there looking like he's going straight on when in fact he's turning right and remembers as the lights go green he was supposed to be indicating so that others don't get stuck behind him... anyway as usual I went into the 'middle' lane but then found nobody seemed too keen on letting me merge in. The woman to my right in a Yaris was driving about 2 foot behind the guy in front and didn't drop back even when I started indicating. As I was approaching some parked cars I eventually had to simply stick my arm out the window and pull across, making her let me in.

She didn't like this.

When we got 1/4 mile down the road we had to turn right, she was all over the back of us and started giving us a load of abuse as she tried to squeeze past on the left. As it happens my wife doesn't take too much crap and gave plenty back which made us both feel a lot better!

I really don't know what's the matter with people, there's no way I'd have done what she did even if she thought I was being 'cheeky' (which I wasn't). Is it worth making someone crash for?
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Geoff Munt wrote:
I really don't know what's the matter with people, there's no way I'd have done what she did even if she thought I was being 'cheeky' (which I wasn't). Is it worth making someone crash for?

Nope myself usually it doesnt bother me i let people get on with it
maybe it was my bad night's sleep? but i guess it pushed me over the edge
as i was being forced towards the curb and then being sworn by the women who think's she is untoucable inside her car. She couldve said sorry , or just waited to go behind me there was plenty of space behind me but nearly forcing me off the road while before hand nearly smacking my bumper

no no =;
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

Nah ur right Blood, if someone barged me off the road nearly totalling my car and then gives fingers and abuse as if it's my fault for their stupidity, I would have somehow done the same.
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

SwissHeavy wrote:Nah ur right Blood, if someone barged me off the road nearly totalling my car and then gives fingers and abuse as if it's my fault for their stupidity, I would have somehow done the same.

:thumleft:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

ive had some pretty harsh experiences.

WHITE VAN MAN;
on dual carriageway, 2 lanes, big roundabout, two lanes across. i was in right lane and wanted to go ahead (obviously left hand can be used to go ahead also).
so me right lane, him left, we go half way round the round about, instead of going ahead, he bloody does a full sweep infront of me! :shock: i can no longer go straight ahead as he was clearly in my path trying to take a right hand turn when hes in the left lane! i then give a load of abuse and have to go all the way around the roundabout to go where i wanted to go!! if i was any further forward he just would have bashed the side of me!!

also, generally, in this same situation, 2lanes wide, 2 lane roundabout, and peeps in the left lane on the roundabout CLEARLY taking up two lanes as there are swinging the car left to right to take the outa lane so to speak!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Be careful out there though people - you never know what the person in the other car is capable of. Road rage incidents are very dangerous (even if the driver is a woman) for this reason!!

I agree people should not abuse you (particularly when it is there fault) just because they are in their car - I always think would you act like that if you were standing in front of me/the driver being abused? I think not.

I once abused a man in a Discovery - I'd stopped to let someone turn right in front of me he overtook and it irritated me. We exchanged hand signals and suddenly he swerves across the road, blocks me in and comes running. I had a second to realise he wasn't going to have a sensible conversation with me - I mounted the pavement to get round him and put my foot down. Luckily I got away, but now even if the other driver is being a total d1ck I don't engage, as it just ain't worth it.
T
Ed

Post by Ed »

You should have just run him over. If anyone came running towards my car especially with something in their hand intent on doing me or my car damage I'd have a hard job persuading myself not to just drive into them.

If the police question your motives, you just state that they were going to try and attack you and you tries to drive away from the situation but they jumped in front of the car. :twisted:
Redrummo

Post by Redrummo »

Mind you, If you hit them then its gonna cost you plenty £££ in damage surely!! #-o

Its difficult not to react when in that situation - for me it does depend alot of the size of the bloke in the opposite car and its type but as a rule i try me best not to react with gestures. I take it out on my punch bag when i get home!

Dont bother fighting with vans and the likes - they dont give two sh*ts if they ram you. they just add it to their own damages and drive off. No wim situation.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Ed wrote:You should have just run him over. If anyone came running towards my car especially with something in their hand intent on doing me or my car damage I'd have a hard job persuading myself not to just drive into them.

If the police question your motives, you just state that they were going to try and attack you and you tries to drive away from the situation but they jumped in front of the car. :twisted:

Thats a really sensible idea.

:thumbdown:
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Lauren wrote:

Thats a really sensible idea.

:thumbdown:

It'd make you feel good for all of 10mins? :wink:
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

I encounter countless ar*eholes everyday on the way to work. Milton Keynes has to be the UK capital for awful drivers. No-one indicates. Everyone drives at breakneck speeds, tailgates, cutting up on the inside.

Maybe it's work stress causing this but I don't want no part of it.

Men, women, girls, young dudes.

I used to get road rage. Now I flash my lights and/or bib my horn. These people know they are driving badly. Don't sink yourself to their level too. You'd be far better respected by keeping your cool and showing some professionalism in your driving than chasing them, shouting......you are at a greater risk of having an accident when your hot -headed too (and we dont want our beloved MR2's damaged).
Keep clear of danger at all times. If they tailgate then move over.

Blood......it was prolly down to your tiredness indeed. But that's even more reason to drive with extra care and attention.

These bad drivers will get caught out oneday. :wink:

Take care out there eveyone...we love our cars....lets keep them that way.
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

My main gripe is on the A10 going northbound toward Bullsmore lane.

Dual carriage way. About 60 metres before the lights the right lane opens in to 2 laned (middle and right) The line on the middle of the road doesnt change. It just opens up at the right side of the road.

So Im driving in the right lane and as it opens up I stay where I am and carrry on so Im in the middle lane. For some stupid reason everyone in the left lane thinks they have the right to join into the middle lane with no indicators.

This transit is slightly behind me in the left lane as as my lane opens up he tried pushing me out of the way. I beep he beeps and carries on pushjing me over and almost in to another car who was now in the righ lane.

I get pi$$ed pull up infront of the van get out and have a go. HJe goes cant you see the road merges. I say yep but are you so blind that you can't see that your lane stays as one lane?
He tells me to shut up so I say get out of the car and I'll bloody show ya! So he gets out expecting me to be wrong. We walk a little up the road and he see's that he was in the wrong. :lol: He wouldn't apologise at all. But kept quiet.

Then was that time in Palmers Green when a merc was parked on my side of the road facing us (on-coming traffic) As we get within 2 metres of him he pulls out. Que emergency stop by the missus and we stop within an inch of his car. He then sits there waiting to be let in to the other side of the road. Holding up rush hour traffic. We beep as he almost caused a pile up. He winds down his window and mouths off. So I lean out my window telling him what I think of him. We exchange some french and I say get out then. He says "you don't want me to get out believe me you don't" I say yes I do get out. He gets all scared and does up his window and locks his door. I call him a BEEYATCH and get a round of applause from all the teens leaving college. lol He shoots off pulling out on other cars like a xxxx.

To think I was a lot worse a few years back.

Return to “Driving Experiences”