Temperature gauge

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

steve b

Temperature gauge

Post by steve b »

I know the stock temp gauge is poo, so I'd like to fit another gauge, which would be easier / better out of oil temp & coolant temp?

If you were going to fit one or the other which would it be?

Reason I want one is I find if i wait for temp gauge to rise to where it stops, just below half way (TRD thermostat) the car doesn't boost properly (stutters & feels like misfiring). If i wait another 5 mins then it boosts away all fine, i'd prefere to glance at a guage to know its ready & up to temp rather than find out by flooring it and have it misfiring.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
craig

Re: Temperature gauge

Post by craig »

oil temp would be more inportant than water temp.

IMO, you want to know when your oil is up to optimum temp before you give it some

HTH
craig

Post by craig »

I also believe that if the engine is cold, the boost is retarded by the ECU
steve b

Post by steve b »

VSV is disabled though, so boost is set at 12 psi with g-valve.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .

Return to “Modifications”