JAE - Finding the Club Stand

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BenF
Premium Member

JAE - Finding the Club Stand

Post by BenF »

Folks,

Just got back from JAE and already the IMOC stand is filling up well with cars - the 'OC next to us have get things underway today, and have a good display of cars.

How to find the IMOC stand

Once you've got though the JAE 'entry' area where you show them your ticket / let them check for glass, you drive through a wooden gate.

Carry Straight on though the gate, past the Civic Del Sol Club on your right until you get to the football pitch.

Here, turn Right across the pitch - the IMOC and OC stands are in front of you at the other end of the pitch.

In theory, the 'correct' route would be to drive through the SXOC stand alongside us, but the way tents / cars were today meant this wasn't possible.

On the stand we've got the Club Flags, and the Blue Gazebos up with camping area behind the Gazebo and to the right hand side ( as you approach the stand).

One thing that struck me was that there is that the space the JAE organisers have given us ( they moved our plot at the last minute ..) is a lot smaller than we've been previously used to.

There is a tap on our stand to help you wash your car for the show and shine - there is a trophy this year too ...

I've got some pictures from today - I'll post them up later this evening.
Ekona

Re: JAE - Finding the Club Stand

Post by Ekona »

BenF wrote:One thing that struck me was that there is that the space the JAE organisers have given us ( they moved our plot at the last minute ..) is a lot smaller than we've been previously used to.

Well well, there's a shock. Who'd have thought that the JAE organisers would willy something up at the last minute? :roll:

Thanks for that Ben, I'll be sticking my head in at some point tomorrow so I'll catch you then.
Liz

Post by Liz »

Ben, I won't be able to make it due to work :neutral: would you be able to take the gazebo sides home and I will pop over to you after the event and pick them up.

Thanks!
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Liz wrote:Ben, I won't be able to make it due to work :neutral: would you be able to take the gazebo sides home and I will pop over to you after the event and pick them up.

Thanks!

Liz, I'll sort something out and make sure they get back to you
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

OK, some pics : First, check in, ( with a few MR2s ..)

The gate as from where you check in :

Go straight on here - ignore the signs that say Staff Car park etc : (the Mk1 was reversing back to turn right here ..)

Carry on straight down the road for about 100m, past the Civic stand on your right and you come the to footie pitch (note though there will be games on it at times tomorrow ..)

The route through past the 200SX Club may be open tomorrow (it wasn't today ) - only difference to the above is you turn right by the wood frame building before the Civic Del Sol club and drive through past the 200SX stand, and bear left to the MR2 Club stands.

And you've arrived :

Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

BenF wrote:

Nice :D :thumleft:
RoadsterBoy

Post by RoadsterBoy »

Oh how I wish I'd read this before arriving - it took me 10-15 mins or so driving about trying to find the stand and then I made the mistake of trying to get through the sxoc area. Eventually I gave up and decided to drive across the footie pitch, which as it turns out was the correct way anyway! I think the footie commentator found it quite amusing to have cars crossing/waiting to cross all the time!! :D
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

:lol: That was me in the mk1 both of those pic's :mrgreen:
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)

Return to “JAE 2008”