MR2 Challenge at Cadwell park

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

anna

MR2 Challenge at Cadwell park

Post by anna »

Well, I did get to see the final Roadsports race of the weekend on Sunday, and boy did it chuck it down!
The Mk1's really handle pretty well in the wet, especially compared to some of the uber horsepower engines, and a combination of that, and a great drive saw one of the Mk1's finishing 6th (I think) ahead of an Evante :D
The wet weather did claim more than a few Mk1's, which ended up in the scenery... walking round the paddock in the afternoon there were quite a few dented MR2's :shock: .

And ofcourse Patrick was there in his Mk2 who seemed to be holding his own.

I got some shots of the whole field on my camcorder from the grandstand at the mountain... i'll post a link or something when I get the piccies off.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: MR2 Challenge at Cadwell park

Post by Lauren »

Cool.

What were the results?
anna

Post by anna »

Unfortunately 750 haven't updated their website, and I didn't pick up the results from the course office :(

Did anyone else out there get a copy? Please post them if you did!

Plus for the race on Saturday aswell, if anyone has them
anna

Post by anna »

gtschris.com

roadsport

Post by gtschris.com »

whats the crack with next year? are the MR2's spliting into a MR2 only title?

i know a guy running in the hot hatch title this year, he managed a 1.49 at cadwell in his little xr2 :shock:
www.gtschris.com
tel: 01670 737080
mob: 07786070103
anna

Post by anna »

Well, the times (which were all over 2 mins) are for the long circuit, and are pretty fair as the circuit was deluged with rain... at least for the second race it was (I was there hiding under a brolley with my camcorder).

If you really want something quick, try 1 min 38.9 by Mick Harris in the 750 Formula car. It too was set on Sunday (with a drying track) which is quicker than the Roadsports lap record set by Lee Noble (in his... duh.. Noble) at 1 min 39.1
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: roadsport

Post by Lauren »

gtschris.com wrote:whats the crack with next year? are the MR2's spliting into a MR2 only title?

i know a guy running in the hot hatch title this year, he managed a 1.49 at cadwell in his little xr2 :shock:

Thats not that surprising tbh. I set a lap record in a stock RX8 on road tyres of 1.50.341 last year.

Last year i quallied in 1.55 in the MR2 challenge though it was on a very damp track.

but i do know Cadwell very well.
gtschris.com

Post by gtschris.com »

Just found his times ....... A Robinson XR2 time here http://www.750mc.co.uk/racing/results/2 ... _Hatch.pdf

just goes to show it ain't what you got its the way u drive it \:D/

BTW Anyone got times for Croft?
www.gtschris.com
Dan Friel

Post by Dan Friel »

First time in a while that I've missed the long trek up to Cadwell for the 750MC meeting...

The car I help to run was dicing with MR2 in the allcomers race, he got down to the 1m 36's in the end!

Are the MR2's running at Pembrey in July - should be there for that..

Don't think that the 750mc go to Croft
gtschris.com

Post by gtschris.com »

Dan Friel wrote:First time in a while that I've missed the long trek up to Cadwell for the 750MC meeting...

The car I help to run was dicing with MR2 in the allcomers race, he got down to the 1m 36's in the end!

Are the MR2's running at Pembrey in July - should be there for that..

Don't think that the 750mc go to Croft

nope, 750mc don't get as far north as croft which is a bit of a pain for me as its my local circuit #-o just interested in times as i ran my cbr600 at a track day not so long ago and done some sneaky :twisted: lap timing of my mate blasting his blade, recon i could prob beat him round croft in my mister two.

gonna try and make it to some 750mc meetings later in the summer ....
www.gtschris.com

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”