Thanks To Every One At JAE

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

matt_mr2t

Thanks To Every One At JAE

Post by matt_mr2t »

For making it a comfortable weekend for some one that didn't really know any one going alone!

It was nice meeting you all and embarrassing being utterly blitzed by 9pm on Friday and going to bed early!
cartledge_uk

Re: Thanks To Every One At JAE

Post by cartledge_uk »

Was good to meet you.

It was far too hot though IMO. where was the rain :(
Caribbean_Blue

Post by Caribbean_Blue »

cartledge_uk wrote:

It was far too hot though IMO. where was the rain :(

Blasphemy!

Weather was PERFECT! company was bang-on. Great weekend. Yep got pretty hammered both nights. Great chin wag event some gorgeous cars there.

SLightly sunburnt :oops: :oops: 8)

Thanks to all for organising great event. Roll on Jap SHow Finalle.

Reece :thumleft:
Running: 313.8BHP @ fly and 285lb torque on 1.15bar.
MY MR2 FOR SALE: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=109986
C50

Post by C50 »

matt_mr2t wrote:For making it a comfortable weekend for some one that didn't really know any one going alone!

It was nice meeting you all and embarrassing being utterly blitzed by 9pm on Friday and going to bed early!

ahaha.. lightweight :eye:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I had 9 pints of Kronenbourg latte boy! Funny thing was, i had about 7 last night in less time and felt ok. I'm bright red, gonna get laughed at tomorrow at work. Oukie's is the best though!
Caribbean_Blue

Post by Caribbean_Blue »

I prey there are photos of Chris's forehead that are made public.

The formula=
1) Copious amounts of Sunshine.
2) Plenty of Booze.
3) A JAE head band.
4) A little patience

= a perfect sunburn line in the middle of his forehead! CLASSIC! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Running: 313.8BHP @ fly and 285lb torque on 1.15bar.
MY MR2 FOR SALE: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=109986
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Although Malcolm had a nice white bit where his moobs blocked the sun. Still, least he took his shirt off, i look like i have a white t shirt on lol. Got to give respect to Scott's costume too. Brilliant!
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

The rain was in Buckingham, I've been fitting my chargecooler this weekend and keep getting rained on :(
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I just but my jae wrist band on but it still feels like it's there. Any one else suffering phantom wrist band syndrome?
tubby_mr2

Post by tubby_mr2 »

Had a good few days caribbean_blue you had me in stitchs mate nearly pi$$ed myself i was laughing so hard.

Yeah i got the invisible wrist band thingy i was starting to think that i might still be pi$$ed lol
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Hi Guys, really glad i had the chance to meet some of you, even though i have a MK1 :mrgreen: , i took a few pics but not many im affraid, too busy jibber, jabbering :mrgreen:
Me & scott, ( Tina Turner/ Gerorge Michael meets Adam Ant :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

Lauren on the Deck again :mrgreen:

.............and again :mrgreen: :thumleft:

Cheers Jinxy
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

LOL!

I knew you'd post those photos, still it could have been worse, reckon I might have looked a fair bit worse later on Friday night.

Seriously great weekend though, am still pretty burnt. It's a knockout was top fun, met some great people and most important of all just had a very good time, a bit too good at times.

A massive thanks must go out to Scott for all his organisational efforts and a big thanks to all those who helped us set up/breakdown. :+:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

gutted i couldnt make it. :(
Rev 3 GTS
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Brilliant as always. :thumleft:
T
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

It really was a great weekend - even though I only got there on Saturday afternoon... I really enjoyed it. I was a bit lethargic, but a chilled out weekend was kinda what I needed... and spending time on the beach on Sunday was pretty cool too... ;)
Matt - sorry I didn't say hello; I'd meant to pop over and see you to do so but kinda forgot to start asking people I didn't know if they were Matt... :lol: In fact I was a bit lazy this year and just chatted to people that I do know (most of whom I've not seen since last years JAE). I hardly even walked around the show! (This was proven by the fact that last year I took almost 400 photos over the weekend - this year I took only a couple of dozen...)

Scott did a great job at getting everything organised - huge :thumleft: and thanks to him!

Thanks to everyone for making someone who turned up in a Peugeot (MR2 not on the road yet) still welcome... :lol:
I definately enjoyed it more this year than last year. Spending some time with the Irish Jap owners club on Saturday night was a real laugh too...! :lol:

Oh and the weather was spot on. Just as I loaded started up my car to leave (I was one of the last there - only Jaspa and LimeyMk1 (with Sketch) were behind me) it started to drizzle. This turned to really heavy rain as I drove home. So the weather really worked this year... The first dry JAE I've been to... And I didn't have an MR2 to polish... :lol: Typical.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

monkeymax wrote:It really was a great weekend - even though I only got there on Saturday afternoon... I really enjoyed it. I was a bit lethargic, but a chilled out weekend was kinda what I needed... and spending time on the beach on Sunday was pretty cool too... ;)
Matt - sorry I didn't say hello; I'd meant to pop over and see you to do so but kinda forgot to start asking people I didn't know if they were Matt... :lol: In fact I was a bit lazy this year and just chatted to people that I do know (most of whom I've not seen since last years JAE). I hardly even walked around the show! (This was proven by the fact that last year I took almost 400 photos over the weekend - this year I took only a couple of dozen...)

Scott did a great job at getting everything organised - huge :thumleft: and thanks to him!

Thanks to everyone for making someone who turned up in a Peugeot (MR2 not on the road yet) still welcome... :lol:
I definately enjoyed it more this year than last year. Spending some time with the Irish Jap owners club on Saturday night was a real laugh too...! :lol:

Oh and the weather was spot on. Just as I loaded started up my car to leave (I was one of the last there - only Jaspa and LimeyMk1 (with Sketch) were behind me) it started to drizzle. This turned to really heavy rain as I drove home. So the weather really worked this year... The first dry JAE I've been to... And I didn't have an MR2 to polish... :lol: Typical.

Was that you that turned up in the blue 307/308 on Saturday evening?

Oh and we beat the Irish JOC's at the 5 a side :thumleft:
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

matt_mr2t wrote:Was that you that turned up in the blue 307/308 on Saturday evening?

Oh and we beat the Irish JOC's at the 5 a side :thumleft:

Nope - I was too embarrassed of my car so parked it outside in the public car park... :lol: I then hitched a lift in with a passing '2 (Pete from the SE) and went back later to carry in all my camping gear...
Still, as embarrassed as I am of old Frenchie, it got me home just fine - which was a relief given the weather. And a nice surpise as I stopped at South Mimms on the way home and helped out an MX-5 that was going home from the show... :lol:

As for the IJOC - I think they were already a little pished by then... ;)
(Apparently they'd started in the morning! :lol: )

The 5 a side was great fun to watch though!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

It was even more fun to play in. Shame we lost against the Lexus boys.
Still, they won it so at least we lost to the best team.
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Ahhahahahahahahahahahahahah,

What no photo's :twisted:

If there is no photografic proff then it never happened :lol:
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

oukie wrote:Ahhahahahahahahahahahahahah,

What no photo's :twisted:

If there is no photografic proff then it never happened :lol:

Actually Mark filmed me hammering the OC guy in the jousting competition, so we do have a little movie of that.. just need him to upload it.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:

Return to “JAE 2008”