100 RON Fuel

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Castlegrayskull

Re: 100 RON Fuel

Post by Castlegrayskull »

what do people think about topping up 95 ron with octane boosters? ... cos i live in the middle of nowhere and shell garages and superunleaded up here is almost a myth!!
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

Castlegrayskull wrote:what do people think about topping up 95 ron with octane boosters? ... cos i live in the middle of nowhere and shell garages and superunleaded up here is almost a myth!!

crap IMO i can't see how a litre of octane booster can up the octane of 30 litres or more of fuel!

there must be somewhere you can get fuel mate? i have to travel a couple of miles to get super unleaded of some kind as all i have my way is asda which doesn't do super and a crappy old garage in the middle of no where. shame as the crappy olde world garage in the middle of no where still have the bell on the forecourt and fill it up for you :D
Castlegrayskull

Post by Castlegrayskull »

crap IMO i can't see how a litre of octane booster can up the octane of 30 litres or more of fuel!

there must be somewhere you can get fuel mate?

there is a garage ... both about 10 - 15 miles from where I live!

tis a pain in the ass!! :shock:

just looking into other options
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

Castlegrayskull wrote:

there must be somewhere you can get fuel mate?

there is a garage ... both about 10 - 15 miles from where I live!

tis a pain in the ass!! :shock:

just looking into other options

tried asking the local one to stock it? or asking why the fudge they don't :evil:

they might tell you where your closet garage is that does. or try the bp, esso or texaco web sites to find your nearest, oh and shell but there's bu88er all shell garages! plus there site is a hand jockey to find the bit where it searches for you local place! and so is esso's website!

i think tesco have a super unleaded of some kind at some of there stores
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

Chris 'aka rustboy' Ammon wrote:
i think tesco have a super unleaded of some kind at some of there stores

Don't Tescos sell that in Evian bottles? ;)

Seriously, I wouldn't put supermarket fuel in my Golf Diesel, let alone my tubby!!

Return to “Modifications”