Help!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Sean

Help!

Post by Sean »

Hi
I am soon to be the proud owner of a rev 2 turbo and having read most of the postings in this forum and seen how awesome your cars look I am really keen to do a few mod's. Are there any good sites to look on for exhausts, headlamp conversions etc. Any info' would be great.

Cheers, Sean.
Sidewinder

Re: Help!

Post by Sidewinder »

Hi Sean

There are loads of places on the net to look at, but the best IMHO for starters has to be www.revision6.com. It should have most of what you're looking for, and the list of parts available is growing all the time.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Thanks for that info' Nige, I just had a look on that site and it's got some good stuff. I'm going to have to try really hard not to blow all of my money on aftermarket toys for my car!
shafster

Post by shafster »

why not buy one that is modded already to save you loads of money in the long run?
Sean

Post by Sean »

I did think about this and if I bought one that was already modded then I might run the risk of that car being driven to an inch of its life on a race track. I've heard that most of the modded turbo's have been raced in Japan. I didn't want to end up with an expensive engine rebuild.
Patrick Gray

Post by Patrick Gray »

the very highly tuned ones may have been raced but you would probably also find they have been meticulously maintained.
Sean

Post by Sean »

I don't think that I've seen many modded ones for sale but I've only really been looking on autotrader.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

You're probably better off sticking with what you've got (or getting!), and building the car up mod-wise exactly how you like it. That way, you're sure of the starting platform and general running of the car, and it gives you time to look around at other modified MR2s to see what parts take your fancy.

I wouldn't normally buy a pre-modded car, but was lucky with my current MR2 as Patrick (Rogue) had already fitted most of the parts I liked anyway! :) I've known friends who have bought modified cars (not MR2s) and then spent time pulling parts off, selling them, fitting replacement bits, etc, and it's cost them a small fortune through sheer lack of planning.

As Patrick Gray says, most MR2 Turbos have been meticulously maintained, so there's no need to worry in that area.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Return to “Modifications”