IMOC Flyers

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BenF
Premium Member

Re: IMOC Flyers

Post by BenF »

OK, ta.
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

I've chucked together an IMOC flyer in a few spare minutes...

EDIT...

Here is the remake... from ben's suggestions...

-- Simon
Last edited by Goldy on Fri May 13, 2005 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Cheers Simon - just for the benefit of others, we're talking about this directly now ...
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

nice design, i shall be printing some of these out when i get my printer working
Jay
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

quigonjay wrote:nice design, i shall be printing some of these out when i get my printer working
Jay

Ditto - or at least untill i get back into work and use the printer there :mrgreen:

Can we get the FLYER posted up on the SPOTTED forum and a Sticky so everyone knows about them and can use them ? membership coming upto 2000 .. with the flyers I'm sure 3000 would only be around the corner ! :thumleft:
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Do any of you have any feedback on the format / layout of the flier?

I'm collecting feedback from the other admins - so expect a final iteration of the design

What I'll do is produce a PDF file that will be A4 in size with 2 A5 fliers - people can then print them off themselves and stick them on windscreens.

I did get some prices for professionally printing up some fliers but we were talking over £100 - so it is probably easier to let people print their own up as they need them and distribute them around
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Be a good idea to atleast have the flyers by JAE time and we can cover other clubs cars in them (Team over boosts for starters) :lol:
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

BenF wrote:Do any of you have any feedback on the format / layout of the flier?

I personally thinks it's very good as it is....
at the end of the day as soon as people logon and have a nose about they will definately be staying ! - it's just getting people aware of this website..

BenF wrote:
What I'll do is produce a PDF file that will be A4 in size with 2 A5 fliers - people can then print them off themselves and stick them on windscreens.

That's sounds perfect =D>

BenF wrote:
I did get some prices for professionally printing up some fliers but we were talking over £100 - so it is probably easier to let people print their own up as they need them and distribute them around

Agreed - One point to note on this would be to go sensible on the colours... namely cos if others are like me and using "work" printers :wink: they are in black and white and so need the definition/contrast to be ok for black and white printers.

just a thought...
I'm personally gonna take a few of these along to Bluewater tonight to hand around "responsibly"

=D>
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

Regarding colours....

I designed the flyers using as few colours as possible... mainly red grey and black.... I decided not to make them too detailed either This was so they could be printed on black and white printer. I only have a laser printer here. They print out perfectly on it :cyclops:
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

Goldy wrote:Regarding colours....

I designed the flyers using as few colours as possible... mainly red grey and black.... I decided not to make them too detailed either This was so they could be printed on black and white printer. I only have a laser printer here. They print out perfectly on it :cyclops:

Top Banana
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Goldy - do you have the design in a MS Word format or something? We can do some final edits (eg space for Forum name of the person who left the
flier, any other message you'd like to leave .. )

And then I'll arrange some layouts to get two onto an A4 page.

I'll do a colour PDF, and a Black and White PDF so everyone's happy :)
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

Make sure you say that the site is FREE! I didn't see that on your flier... People are worried about costs these days....
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

axisofunity wrote:Make sure you say that the site is FREE! I didn't see that on your flier... People are worried about costs these days....

what part of "IMOC-UK is a free, net-based club" didn't you see :mrgreen: =D>

](*,) #-o

:mrgreen: =D>
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

BenF wrote:Goldy - do you have the design in a MS Word format or something? We can do some final edits (eg space for Forum name of the person who left the
flier, any other message you'd like to leave .. )

And then I'll arrange some layouts to get two onto an A4 page.

I'll do a colour PDF, and a Black and White PDF so everyone's happy :)

Hi ben, at the moment the flyer is in PSD format for photoshop as well as jpegs... I can send you the psd's or i'll modify them myself..

As for leaving a space for forum name i don't know if thats such a great idea IMO if you happend to give it to someone in person. If people want to leave a name perhaps they could just scribble it on the bottom....

Return to “Club News and Announcements”